• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cooking for Hobbits! Event!!!

Spaghetti al Viking

View attachment 18613

Ingredients:
Ground meat
Yellow onion
Margarine
Grounded tomatos
Tomatopaste
Spaghetti
Black and white pepper
Salt
Rapeseed oil
Paprika powder
Water
Parsley
Thyme
Garlic
Ketchup
And finally some love

Later mixed in some cheese and corn in it
Man, you should ask Odin to forgive you for that disgrace.
It's too much for my poor eyes.

The only thing you can eat ketchup with is hotdog! I don’t understand the Swedes who eat ketchup to everything!

My Chicago blood boils with this disgrace. No ketchup on hot dogs! Mustard is good, and optionally celery salt, neon green relish, sport peppers, onion, tomato, and pickle. (Ketchup is fine for hamburgers.)

Earl Grey Havens Creme Brulee of Michel Delving

Sometimes after working and toiling in the farm fields near Michel Delving you feel parched and want to have a nice cup of Earl Grey Havens Tea. However, the sky wasn't very cloudy that day and a spot of tea might be a bit too hot for thee. Then You might wish to divulge the flavors instead with a nice bowl of Earl Grey Havens Creme Brulee (specifically of Michel Delving).

You will need some ingredients to make this.

1/4 cup sugar (more for top)
Zest of 1 small orange/mandarin orange
Zest of 1 lemon
1 cup of a heavy cream
1/4 cup of whole milk
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
2 Earl Grey tea bags, cut open
3 large egg yolks
(I Added some Berries and Shortbread)

You want to be able to maintain a perfect cream (or creme) underneath and a perfect, crispy, caramel-y top.

1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a medium heatproof mixing bowl, mix 2 tablespoons sugar with zests until sugar begins to turn orange. Set to the side.
2. Bring cream, milk, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, loose tea, and salt up to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
3. Bring 4 cups water up to a boil. Add yolks to bowl with sugar and whisk for 2-3 minutes until nice and smooth.
4. Gradually pour and whisk in 1/4 cup of the cream into the sugar until fully combined.
5. Distribute portions evenly between two 6 ounce ramekins (oven-safe). Add ramekins to a semi-deep baking dish. Add boiling water to dish around the ramekins until each ramekin is covered in boiling water. (Don't splash!)
6. If using a ramekin that is deeper but shorter across, bake about 35 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit. If your ramekin is less deep and wider across, it should only take 25 minutes to cook.
7. Be careful taking them out of the oven (once again, don't splash! Hobbits can't swim, much less in boiling waters!). Let them cool in boiling water bath, out of the oven, for ten minutes. Then let them cool off and set in a refrigerator for another 1 and a half hours at least. (Putting it in a sealed metal box of some kind and letting them cool off in the river under a bridge or tree-root might work too, for you hobbits.)
8. Dust the top with some more sugar and carefully torch the top. Might have to use a lamp (I'm sure the mayor won't notice. Sneaky hobbitses!)

This is a little bit hard to make but it is one of my favorite desserts in general, plus adding creme brulee is an epic addition. I quite enjoyed it.

20200720_215918.jpg
20200720_215833.jpg

Everything seems so tasty here. I will have to try some of those meals one day.
Amha, ooit, you have to give me the recipe

A peasants breakfast

this recipe has been passed through the ages from father to son and has proven to be both nourishing and easy to procure.
It started as the invention of one of the Rohirrim and swiftly became a delicacy in the entirety of middle earth. Not only does it contain high amounts of energy, it is also incredibly simple to prepare .

ingredients: one onion
7BB1DA3A-9635-4EE8-9651-22C4194F4F82.jpeg

Last edited:
Everything seems so tasty here. I will have to try some of those meals one day.
Amha, ooit, you have to give me the recipe
I did it in more of an old way and this is really how I made it but if you want I can also give the recipe to you in more of an modern way from the internet:
-100 grams of yoghurt
-enough cold water so its not as heavy as youghert but not as light as water
-1 cucumber with its skin, cut into small peices
-50 grams of raisin
-50 grams of walnut crushed into small peices
-1 spoon of dry, crushed mint and basil
-crushed ice
-enough salt
And when u were done and u wanted to eat it u have to put some small peices of dry bread into the mix and eat it, you shouldnt add the bread earlier.
first stage Mix the yoghurt thoroughly until smooth. Add cream to it if desired. Add water to yoghurt and stir gently.
second stage Chop the walnuts and add raisins, salt and pepper to the mix.
third stage Finely chop the cucumber and add it to the rest of the ingredients along with the vegetables and rosemary.
The fourth step Adding fresh and chopped vegetables to this dish makes it even tastier. You can also add ice.
So as you can see it might be just a bit different from what I made, but its similar enough, no food is made exactly the same by everyone, everywhere.

Last edited:
Good afternoon/morning/night (whatever it is for you guys XD )

Me and @Archimdes have looked at all your beautiful meals these last two weeks and first of all, we would like to thank everyone who has participated in the event! You guys are truly amazing cooks. Of course, some stood out more than others, but I must say that I am rather impressed by everyone's creativity! From a simple union to a three-course meal: it either made me laugh or it made me say wow.

But, there was one meal that stood out to me the most....
I would most proudly announce you the winner of this culinary event:

Dear @EffieFrag , you are the WINNER!

You have shown great cooking skills in your ''Summer hospitality'' meal. You have combined food from this time and foods the hobbits would like into a three-course luncheon. I think everyone who saw your meal was impressed. I am sure the hobbits can eat this if they ever go on a big trip again :)

Now other participants, don't cry. We still have seen your beautiful dishes and we must say that it was hard to choose since we had more than one favourite :)!
This is why we would also give out honourable mentions to:

@ooitsbirdo, for showing off great culinary skills.
@slaMoria, for combining (MC) Middle-Earth and food into one.
And @ShroomyD, for being super lazy but super funny.

Thank you all for participating and see you in the next event!

- ItsMeJade and Archimdes

Good afternoon/morning/night (whatever it is for you guys XD )

Me and @Archimdes have looked at all your beautiful meals these last two weeks and first of all, we would like to thank everyone who has participated in the event! You guys are truly amazing cooks. Of course, some stood out more than others, but I must say that I am rather impressed by everyone's creativity! From a simple union to a three-course meal: it either made me laugh or it made me say wow.

But, there was one meal that stood out to me the most....
I would most proudly announce you the winner of this culinary event:

Dear @EffieFrag , you are the WINNER!

You have shown great cooking skills in your ''Summer hospitality'' meal. You have combined food from this time and foods the hobbits would like into a three-course luncheon. I think everyone who saw your meal was impressed. I am sure the hobbits can eat this if they ever go on a big trip again :)

Now other participants, don't cry. We still have seen your beautiful dishes and we must say that it was hard to choose since we had more than one favourite :)!
This is why we would also give out honourable mentions to:

@ooitsbirdo, for showing off great culinary skills.
@slaMoria, for combining (MC) Middle-Earth and food into one.
And @ShroomyD, for being super lazy but super funny.

Thank you all for participating and see you in the next event!

- ItsMeJade and Archimdes
I want to file a protest, there was no taste test!