• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~ The MCME Times ~ [08/8/2021]

Revamp Time!
But sadly not Breevamp 2k21
OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Mapthor
Looks like it's time for round 3 of Mapthor's MCME Times journey. But hey, it's whatever. The past two weeks have been spicy to say the least. We saw the ending of the Summer Events, a brand new revamp announcement, and some actual promotions after weeks of having none. I don't wanna spoil too much, so you'll have to read this edition to find out more. What I will talk about though is shameless self-promotion. Next week, a brand new mapthor video will drop regarding the most recent Summer Events. If you thought last years video was long, just you wait because this might be longer. I'm not sure, I'm just guessing. Anyways, hope you enjoy this edition and I'll see you in the next one.

Happy Sailing,
Mapthor

~ Project Progress ~

Anorien - Lead: @draonic_slayer | In Progress
Report by Draonic_Slayer

Another 2 weeks of solid progress in Anorien. Multiple terrain colouring plots around Amon Din and Eilenach have been completed, with the progress on full detailing the foothills going smoothly. For the Pelennor Fields the last of the terrain has been hand smoothed. The main central village has been finished with wonderful little stalls added. More Fields have been filled out and a few of the smaller hamlets on the eastern side being completed. Planning continues, so if you are looking for plots ask TheSweViking.

2021-08-07_12.12.16.png

Cair Andros – Lead: @Andrewpioneer | In Progress
Report by Andrewpioneer

A Cair Andros tree tutorial is being made to help with tree jobs, that should be coming soon. Since adding the terrain to main world, terrain detailing jobs have been discussed and are currently being planeed. Aside from this, work should be resuming on concepts and new planning, and hopefully this week we'll begin adding structures to the terrain.

2021-08-04_16.32.15.png

Harlond – Lead: @Mershy | In Progress
Report by Mershy

Harlond has finally started in mainworld! I successfully after many attempts. The commercial area is underway currently and the wall boundaries have also been set up. I am excited to continue the project alongside rwyland and hope to see some jobs coming soon!

2021-08-02_17.36.39.png

Lond Daer – Lead: @mattlego | In Progress
Report by mattlego

Some work on the Lond Daer Bay has been done to try to modernize the block palette. Planning for the rest of the rich housing continues to be done behind the scenes

2021-08-07_11.57.39.png

Moria – Lead: @DoctorDaom | In Progress
Report by Mershy

Not too much within moria the past two weeks, slight adjustments in moviecave after its completion and Daom has been working in westgate. Other news includes more resource pack additions from Duke adding some of the Gondor blocks and some lovely vertical slab /trapdoors.

2021-08-07_12.23.02.png

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Keeping MCME running is not free, every month we have to pay $265 to keep up all our work. Donations help us keep doing what we love and providing you with amazing builds to look at. Donations are not required but greatly accepted, if you want to help us in our feat of rebuilding Middle Earth in Minecraft you can donate here.
Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs
Our Donors
  • Wyattrox03
  • Junoknight
  • Anonymous
  • and then Wyatt again
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS
Mini Middle-Earth

The last Summer Event of the year was held and after 94 long minutes, we had four winners!
1st: @Brodasaurus_Rex
2nd: @RedHMP
3rd @Itai007 & @Mithrilled

unknown (1).png

Congrats to our winners!

Harlond Revamp
Hooo boy, it's time for another revamp! This time, Mershy and Rwyland will be taking on the city of Harlond. Read more about this upcoming project here:

Summer Events Closing Ceremony
Towards the end of July, Soarz and Mapthor rounded out the Summer Events with a Closing Ceremony that'll go into the history books. If you missed it, don't fret. A video covering the Summer Events is on the horizon, so stay tuned :)

2021-07-28_23.11.38.png

~ Rank Updates ~

Mithrilled
After some time we finally got everyone's favourite Dutch artist back. He'll be showing his building skill ones again on the mainworld. Welcome back mith!

Wyattrox03
And this times edition we finally got a new artist as well, the man wyattrox, who build most of Lond Daer already, will now be fancy in his new purple rank. Have fun in gamemode 3 and with your tp perms. Congrats Wya!

Junoknight
This promotion might be a bit unexpected for a bunch of people, but we have got a new moderator: Juno! He will be protecting the server with all his power now, so make sure you behave otherwise he will hunt you down! Congratulations on getting mod!

Mapthor
With all the good new promotions, there sadly is also bad news. Map has decided to step down from his guide role, he has been a member of the team for around 4 years now and he has done a lot of amazing stuff for the server, like making beautiful and funny videos, hosting many great events, and much more. Luckily he will still be around with his moderator badge tho! Thank you Map for everything you have done with your rank!

2021-02-06_14.03.27.png

~ Winners of “The Week” ~

This week we have another round of amazing builds and Media posts. We only choose from the best every time, so hard work does pay off. Sometimes it can get competitive and that is what will win a place here. Please give a warm welcome to this Times, winners of this week.

MEDIA Winners:
Also, gee whiz, this whole Times switching over thing is somewhat late notice, haha. It's not fun for me since I have a good load of screenshots and such I have to submit. -Ginger in Mapthor's dms

Honorable Mention: While I'm not a fan of how BSL looks in the daytime, it does work very well for dark places like this cave. Nice composition and very clean lighting in this simple shot by Mithrilled.
Cave_Mithrilled.png

Honorable Mention: A good screenshotter can take a picture of just about anything and still have it look good. This, I think, is a classic case of that. Quite a basic shot, but I did really like the angle and composition of it, plus the lighting. Shot by Bohemian_Beetle.
Bohemian_Beetle_Shack.png

Honorable Mention: A particularly suitable shot from Bohemian_Beetle, what with the Barrow-downs video recently out from our Video Team (#MakeVideo). I like the subtle blur that Beetle consistently does so well, and I think the tone works very well with the location. Good fog as well.
Bohemian_Beetle_Barrow-Downs.png

Honorable Mention: Did quite like the tone of this Moria shot by Givet. Good composition as well. I would assume this was taken in the newly-completed Movie Cave area.
Moria_Givet.png

Honorable Mention: I liked this take on the popular ground-side-view shot of Minas Tirith by Mithrilled. Nice composition with the trees, and the focus in the center takes up a good portion of the shot. The lighting's alright as well. I think the edited-in sky works fairly well.
Mithrilled_Espens_Edit_Minas_Tirith.png

Honorable Mention: This view of the Cair Andros planning was given to us by Bohemian_Beetle. Very nice composition and lighting, and I certainly can't wait to see this revamp completed. The screenshotting potential ought to be epic.
Bohemian_Beetle_Cair_Andros_Planning.png

Media Winner: A very lovely shot of a castle from Itai. Let's see Minas Aduial get the same treatment next fortnight. All it needs are little silhouettes of birds gliding through the clouds. Well done, Itai!
Itai_Castle.png

THEME-BUILD Winners
Down Down Down in Goblin Town this week lads. Plus some tall white tower called Emyn Beraid... or something like that. Take a look at these stunning theme builds!

"Amazing competition between Stephen and Orruss. Hope to see you on the Salt Mine"
-maski

~ Lore of the Week ~
Círdan the Shipwright

Círdan was one of the greatest Elves in the history of Arda, and by the time of the War of the Ring he was also likely the oldest Elf that still remained in Middle-earth. In the Second and Third Ages, as well as the beginning of the Fourth, Círdan was the Master of the Grey Havens, where he built ships for the Elves departing Middle-earth on their journey to the West.

Círdan’s story begins in the earliest days of Elven history, on the shores of Cuiviénen. There, millennia before the creation of the Sun and Moon, Círdan and the Teleri made the first watercraft in history:

“Before ever they came to Beleriand the Teleri had developed a craft of boat-making; first as rafts, and soon as light boats with paddles made in imitation of the water-birds upon the lakes near their first homes, and later on the Great Journey in crossing rivers, or especially during their long tarrying on the shores of the 'Sea of Rhûn', where their ships became larger and stronger. But in all this work Círdan had ever been the foremost and most inventive and skilful.”
(The Peoples of Middle-earth, "Part II: Late Writings", "XIII. Last Writings", note 29)

It was through this unparalleled skill that he - who was beforehand known as Nowë - gained the name he was known by thereafter: Círdan, meaning “Shipwright” in the Sindarin tongue (and Ciryatan in Quenya).

It is said that Círdan was a kinsman of Elwë (Thingol), Olwë and Elmo, and together these four were undoubtedly the most prominent of all the Telerin Elves. Upon reaching the shores of Beleriand at the end of the Great Journey, Círdan was very eager to cross the sea, reach Valinor and behold the light of the Two Trees, but upon the disappearance of his friend and kinsman Elwë he loyally searched for him; he searched longer and harder than most, and subsequently missed his opportunity to embark Westwards across the ocean.

“Then he cried aloud: 'I will follow that light, alone if none will come with me, for the ship that I have been building is now almost ready.' But even as he said this he received in his heart a message, which he knew to come from the Valar, though in his mind it was remembered as a voice speaking in his own tongue. And the voice warned him not to attempt this peril; for his strength and skill would not be able to build any ship able to dare the winds and waves of the Great Sea for many long years yet. 'Abide now that time, for when it comes then will your work be of utmost worth, and it will be remembered in song for many ages after.' 'I obey,' Círdan answered, and then it seemed to him that he saw (in a vision maybe) a shape like a white boat, shining above him, that sailed west through the air, and as it dwindled in the distance it looked like a star of so great a brilliance that it cast a shadow of Círdan upon the strand where he stood.”
(The Peoples of Middle-earth, "Part II: Late Writings", "XIII. Last Writings”, “Círdan”)

And thus Círdan remained in Beleriand and became one of the Sindar, the Forsaken Grey Elves; he was thence the ruler of the shores, the Lord of the Falas. Now as a little interlude, I would like to ask anyone who reads this to post a reply to this thread saying “poor Círdan”. Now back to the lore we go! Círdan established the twin haven cities of Brithombar and Eglarest, and there he resided until their fall in FA 473, a year after the woeful Battle of Unnumbered Tears. Subsequently Círdan went on to establish refuges on the Isle of Balar and at the Mouths of Sirion, for all Elves displaced by the endless wars against Morgoth.

Near the end of the First Age, Círdan befriended the young Eärendil and taught him the art of shipbuilding; with Círdan’s aid Eärendil built his ship, Vingilótë, and Círdan immediately saw it as a fulfilment of the vision he had many years before.

Ever since that vision, on the shores of Beleriand long, long before the making of the Sun and Moon, Círdan received a foresight touching all matters of importance, beyond the measure of all other Elves upon Middle-earth. His wisdom was formidable, and his advice highly regarded. He would remain in Middle-earth until the very end of the age of Elves - until he boards the Last Ship and departs the Hither Shores, and reaches Valinor at long, long last.

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question:
What in Círdan’s appearance set him apart from most other Elves?

Question:
Why did the hobbits of Buckland lock their doors at night?

Correct Answer:
They lock their doors at night out of fear from the old forest (as they live closest to it).

Last time the correct answer was given by... wait for it.... it is truly shocking.......... Melkor!!!! Hmmmmm, maybe others could answer too, had Melkor waited a little more than 23 minutes to answer reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... (Love ya mate, but seriously give others a chance lol)

Presented by: HoverKing and his .rtf file

~ More Media ~

You know us, we love sharing our progress and Twitter is the perfect place. Give us a good follow and always have something to look forward to on your daily scroll. Just to spice it up, comment your favorite parts of our builds at MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter. You won't be disappointed!

Sometimes you just want to enjoy some quality pictures, we got you covered. Head on over to our Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

It doesn't matter if you just woke up or after a busy day at work; scrolling through Instagram and seeing a cool project you have worked on, or just amazing graphics from your favorite server on your favorite game- MCME's Instagram is the right place to be. Check it out at mcmiddleearth on Instagram, or this perfectly good link to take you straight there.

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Closing Statement ~

Gotta love last minute submissions. We got it done though and on time which is all that matters.

Excellent work, Times Team!

Quote from Luxord
“A window of opportunity can open and close in the blink of an eye. It’s whether or not you can jump on the chance when it arises that determines a man’s fate.”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com​

Last edited: