• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~ The MCME Times ~ [04/11/2022]

The Easter Bunny is Just Standing There…
Menacingly!
OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Mapthor
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to The MCME Times. Do you guys like events? Well I sure hope so because you’re gonna get a lot of them over the coming weeks. Regardless of Maski’s chicken hunt and Build Battles this past fortnight, Easter Events are on the way and ready to hatch! We got an Easter Egg hunt, another MCME cookoff, and Super is throwing his hat into the ring with a parkour race. The past few years I’ve been making parkour races, so I’m really excited to see what you come up with :D. In the words of the Senate himself: “we will watch your career with great interest.”

Happy Sailing,
Mapthor

~ Project Progress ~

Moria – Lead: @DoctorDaom | In Progress
Report by aVeryAngryBadger

The First Hall of Moria East Gate has been pasted into main world and the rp region has been updated, so the Dimril Dale is now in rp d. We’re just waiting on a resource pack update and it’s goodbye cheesy snow! Go say farewell to it while you can. Look out for jobs soon. Daom has also been busy beavering away in West Gate, yeeting this, updating that, repurposing those, etc. Ask him for a tour!

QmLPAxh87_xINSyGZ8kxJ7bOvMfoUUwMF9gdTcmR-u7Lt-vO9uXc9RHSWX_uAxC_i5mW5NI5GvsZ8gznEXDRRs6eu75ByEPzMTi_PheqjfXwKhz95ixUcawcqSjZ-4o50g

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Keeping MCME running is not free, every month we have to pay $320 to keep up all our work. Donations help us keep doing what we love and providing you with amazing builds to look at. Donations are not required but greatly accepted, if you want to help us in our feat of rebuilding Middle Earth in Minecraft you can donate here.
Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs
Our Donors
  • aylalya
  • Anonymous
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by Givet10_

Another 2 weeks have passed, but this time, someone's rank hasn't been updates sadly. We'll find out if next fortnight will bring us any newly promoted members. Cya then, and happy Easter!

~ Winners of “The Week” ~

This week we have another round of amazing builds and Media posts. We only choose from the best every time, so hard work does pay off. Sometimes it can get competitive and that is what will win a place here. Please give a warm welcome to this Times, winners of this week.

Media Winners
Honorable mention to Dahl, for this lovely shot of the Belfalas Mills & Hills™. Probably one of my favorite locations on MCME, and Dahl presented it quite well, though it could maybe use some more interesting lighting.
unknown.png

Honorable mention to Mershy for this classic Dol Amroth shot, combined with classic Mershy shot characteristics, like low saturation and high contrast, putting this at number 7 on WatchMojo's favorite shots for the month.
unknown.png

Honorable mention to Bohemian_Beetle, for this well composed shot of the Lefnui river delta in Andrast, (yes, I looked it up on Tolkien Gateway).
unknown.png

Honorable mention to the fishiest fish in the west (FoolhardyFish) for this eerie shot of the Dead Marshes. As someone who lives near both a marsh, and a lot of fog, I can verify the realism here.
unknown.png

Honorable mention to Jona, for this shot of the default Windows 10 lock scre.... I mean... Belfalas. Seriously though, I love the shot. The cliffs do a great job framing it, and the lighting is exquisite.
unknown.png

Honorable mention to Easy_Silas for this rainy shot of Harlond, making me wish it would rain here in California.
unknown.png

Honorable mention to Beetle for this well structured collage, and dishonorable mention to Wyatt for constantly AFKing.
unknown.png

Media Winner goes to Jona, for this beautiful shot of Belfalas Mills & Hills™️. The mystical lighting makes it look like a shot ripped from a Ghibli film, and I love it. (edited)
unknown.png

Judged by: Rogue_Scholar

Themed Build Winners

Judged by: aVeryAngryBadger

~ Lore of the Week ~

Caradhras & the Redhorn Pass
"Caradhras was called the Cruel, and had an ill name long years ago, when rumour of Sauron had not been heard in these lands."
― Gimli in The Fellowship of the Ring, "The Ring Goes South"

Caradhras is the tallest and northernmost of the three Mountains of Moria, beneath which the Dwarven Kingdom of Khazad-dûm was built. As with many of Tolkien’s locations, this mountain was not restricted to one name only: it was known as Redhorn in the common tongue from “caran” (red), and “ras” (horn) in Sindarin. The Khuzdul translation is Barazinbar. The Redhorn Pass is one of the few routes over the Misty Mountains, offering an alternative to the dark passage through abandoned Moria. When travelling eastwards, one would come to a number of treacherous narrow areas with sheer cliffs on one side, before descending down into the Dimrill Dale on the eastern side of the mountains.

The Redhorn Pass features a number of times in the legendarium: the Stoors cross via this pass to reach the lands of Eriador from their homes in the Anduin Vale; Celebrían, the wife of Elrond, was captured by orcs here and tortured before being rescued by her sons; and the Fellowship famously try to cross in winter but were defeated by the weather, or perhaps the ill will of the Mountain. Caradhras likely features influence from Tolkien’s trip to Switzerland and the glacial horns he saw there. Horns are sharp-peaked mountains with sheer sides, common in the Alps. Tolkien also describes the peak of Caradhras as being: “…a mighty peak, tipped with snow like silver, but with sheer naked sides, dull red as if stained with blood.”

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question:
Who was able to make successful, secret passage of the Redhorn Pass prior to the attempt by the Fellowship?

Question:
Who banishes Smeagol from the family and home after he is corrupted by possession of the One Ring?

Correct Answer:
Smeagol’s grandmother. Well done to Tidc for getting this correct!

Presented by: TheStephen

~ More Media ~

You know us, we love sharing our progress and Twitter is the perfect place. Give us a good follow and always have something to look forward to on your daily scroll. Just to spice it up, comment your favorite parts of our builds at MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter. You won't be disappointed!

Sometimes you just want to enjoy some quality pictures, we got you covered. Head on over to our Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

It doesn't matter if you just woke up or after a busy day at work; scrolling through Instagram and seeing a cool project you have worked on, or just amazing graphics from your favorite server on your favorite game- MCME's Instagram is the right place to be. Check it out at mcmiddleearth on Instagram, or this perfectly good link to take you straight there.

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Closing Statement ~

Mechanical pencils > pens.
There is no debate, that is just a fact.

Excellent work, Times Team!

Quote by Han Seoul-Oh
“I have money, it's trust and character I need around me. You know, who you choose to be around you lets you know who you are. One car in exchange for knowing what a man's made of? That's a price I can live with.”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com​

To the lore question: I can only think of Celebrian, but I wouldn't consider her crossing of the pass a succes so I'm assuming I'm it's someone else

To the lore question: I can only think of Celebrian, but I wouldn't consider her crossing of the pass a succes so I'm assuming I'm it's someone else
Perhaps Arwen? Idk if it says how she returned from Lothlorien to Rivendell.

This Week's Question:
Who was able to make successful, secret passage of the Redhorn Pass prior to the attempt by the Fellowship?
@TheStephen
"Years afterwards Thrór, now old, poor, and desperate, gave to his son Thráin the one great treasure he still possessed, the last of the Seven Rings, and then he went away with one old companion only, called Nár. [...]
From Dunland, where he was then dwelling, he went north with Nár, and they crossed the Redhorn Pass and came down into Azanulbizar."
[The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A: III Durin's Folk]

This would be later than Celebrían's (rather unsuccesful and un-secret) passage. Can't really think of anything else.

Celebrian isn't who I'm thinking of, as her passage is definitely not successful! The clue here is "secret". It's only mentioned in 1 line of the story, so it is a challenging question this week.

@TheStephen
"Years afterwards Thrór, now old, poor, and desperate, gave to his son Thráin the one great treasure he still possessed, the last of the Seven Rings, and then he went away with one old companion only, called Nár. [...]
From Dunland, where he was then dwelling, he went north with Nár, and they crossed the Redhorn Pass and came down into Azanulbizar."
[The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A: III Durin's Folk]

This would be later than Celebrían's (rather unsuccesful and un-secret) passage. Can't really think of anything else.
Thror is also not the person I'm thinking of, but I had admittedly forgotten he crossed over the Redhorn Pass on his final journey. Keep thinking guys :)

Thror is also not the person I'm thinking of, but I had admittedly forgotten he crossed over the Redhorn Pass on his final journey. Keep thinking guys :)
This is starting to feel like a "guess what number I'm thinking of"

Is it Tom Bombadil? Is it Bill?

Elladan and Elrohir, along with possibly other un-named elves.
"Many had gone east and south; and some of these had crossed the Mountains and entered Mirkwood, while others had climbed the pass at the sources of the Gladden River, and had come down into Wilderland and over the Gladden Fields and so at length had reached the old home of Radagast at Rhosgobel. Radagast was not there; and they had returned over the high pass that was called the Redhorn Gate. The sons of Elrond, Elladan and Elrohir, were the last to return; they had made a great journey, passing down the Silverlode into a strange country, but of their errand they would not speak to anysave to Elrond."
-The Fellowship of the Ring, the Ring goes South