• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

MCME Easter Cooking Competition

HyprNinja

Builds diagonally
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
:MCMEEaster:
:MCMEEaster:

Food! We all love food. What's not to love about it? Here on MCME we have many talented cooks and bakers, and I want to see some of those delicious, mouthwatering dishes you guys can make! On top of that, its Easter, and what better way to celebrate Easter than with a big feast. Hobbits are hungry little fellows and so are we. So, let's cook us (and them) a meal we'll never forget!

What must you do to win this fancy schmancy competition? Pretty simple. Cook/bake/microwave/toast/boil/broil/fry/something a tasty looking food. Once you've got your delectable dish, take some nice pictures, give it a name, and post it down below. If you want, posting the recipe would be great too. You've got until April 22 to prepare your dish. At that point, I and a select few other respectable fellows, who I will not here disclose so as they may not be subject to bribery, will judge the foods you have created.

Good luck and happy cooking!

Gentlemen, ladies, prepare yourself for the best dish ever prepared in both hemispheres on planet Earth. I present to you:

1 Large (14") Hand Tossed Pizza with Shredded Provolone Cheese, Double Pineapple, and Hearty Marinara Sauce (No Cheese)
Now, this masterpiece might look hard, some might say impossible, to prepare. But I assure you, it is not. For a mere $8.72 USD (counting inflation), you can obtain this glorious pizza for yourself.

To start off your Italian adventure, you first download the Dominos Pizza app on your mobile device. This step is necessary as if you order in person, you will get weird looks from the staff. Log into your account, or checkout as guest, select "Coupons" and then the journey begins. I highly recommend Carryout as you avoid the delivery fee, but this step is up to personal preference. Use your location to find the nearly Dominos storefront and choose your check out time for "as soon as possible." It is at this point where the magic happens. The loophole in the system as some might say. By abusing the "For $7.99 each, carry out all pizzas with up to 3 toppings on any of our 5 crusts, 8-piece wings or boneless chicken, and Dips and Twists Combos. Excludes XL & Specialty Pizzas. Crust availability varies by size. Local stores may charge extra for some toppings and sauces." coupon, we can reduce the price of the pizza by $5. The trick is to create the pizza and then move on to checkout, don't worry about getting those boneless wings and twist sticks. Once you are ready to create your own pizza, refer back to the title of the dish to add and remove your toppings. It is very important to remove the cheese. This might sound like heresy, but you are replacing it with shredded provolone, so it's ok in the end. The app might yell at you for trying to move on without cheese, but press ignore and move on to the payment portion of the process. Input your preferred payment info or log in to PayPal like a gigachad to complete your order. After some time and a quality check process as painful as Toti's feedback, your dish will now be ready for pickup. The journey to the Dominos is a adventure in and of itself. The music you listen to will highly affect how much you will enjoy your pineapple creation. I highly recommend upbeat jazz, power metal, or the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack if you're really feeling frisky. Regardless of your music taste, the way you pick up your saucer will not differ. Simple park in the lot, walk in, say your name, and get out of there. You see, pineapple lovers like us are not treated equally sometimes, so it is best to get out of there before they have time to question your taste buds and if they are functioning correctly or not. The rest is up to you now. Eat the dish in the car, back at home, or in your gamer chair. I show no judgement as to what comes next. But remember, the best pizza is a pineapple pizza.

Goodnight America

F4E765DD-5C4A-41D7-A2DB-950933806B4A.jpg

I will present to you the best dessert ever: Tiramisu!
But tiramisu with (lLotus) speculoos biscuits instead of boudoirs biscuit, I highly recommend trying this out!
It's a tiny bit more crunchy but taste so much better!
Ofcourse an easter cooking competition wouldn't be an easter cooking competitioni if there wasn't at least one chocolate egg presented, so
i decorated my tiramisu with (ofc) chocolate eggs, oreo crunch, almond flakes and a chocolate easter bunny.

Attachments

• tiramisu.jpg
    tiramisu.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
Beer-Battered Fish and Taters
I'll be honest here -- I didn't really make this for the competition. I had a spare bottle of Guinness Golden Perch Stout in the fridge so I was planning to cook fish and chips anyway. But then I thought, since the Shire is just England, what better dish to make for Hobbits to eat for a feast? I am scarred (physically) from the last time I tried to deep fry fish, so instead I found a recipe for in the oven. On the side, we have a symbolic amount of somewhat-smushed peas as well as a generous serving of real vegetables.

5634F523-AC86-4C10-B48F-01165D1B91D4_1_201_a.jpeg

I present to you the finest cheesecake of the lands of cheeses cakes. It's is very cheesey, creamy, sweet but not too sweet, not lose its form or shape but melt in your mouth cheesecakey goodness. Upon its bottom side it bears a layer of finely processed graham cracker crust to give it just enough crunch, but again, not to much, as it too will eventually melt away with ease. Along side I present to you some fresh whipped cream and a dollop of blackberry curd made with the help of some delightful blackberry preserves. I hope you all enjoy. :)
20220420_182854.jpg

I present to you homemade orange gummies covered with grated coconut! The sweetness is nicely balanced by a small amount of grated orange peel, and the coconut adds pleasently not just to the looks, but to the flavour as well. It is much softer and squishier than industrial gummies (at least the ones I've tried) and a nice dish to try!
wyG9paT9DA-AZaD1mcYhIMhznK5Y0x9RmxlFk5-r7WlkW0EbbHvajWXVjxN1kV4esGmFdvaCgMTgRfgxvU51u8CphgmKA44RwbcTxSISwszvjYBYk2Sjn8FLrJa_iD_amY3THX9wuWZbYFlVvzyakzRekvkat5ZRh-VsQKRq7lwYRgxGDBYlYdmljg06eNqO7UCR0n02tqrZi8pF0MUZQTVtzOOHoiypmQ2k3WVtqMehjGZA22uko5UuzMg_h9rXrdyfnryRZtkPTAefPMYQd6TUaT_HDBQEa5AHtDcVN79p1rwT-OdTMYXG_y5tadxaP3ezkLiKRAQiWAqEcxrBqI-nPSx31FRnNANlglSlBojwWJdj-Dez82UxpaAAziVHdvYbcJ2ed1tY9UTOutr7gIOzWcrFN_2mv0ijVNyeY9-oPn-9n2hsLEqyloCwJcZBqmAx4YrB94AjwiKohYrxttxmyYqTZ7UmtxoD5F9oPoQ3aXnzRvKvYTsyfOvWduozF_-ywM5_3j0FfbXuh4iAsB6NCsUd_kXnhX1YWFnDn7agnW-eegVh8-Y5IQlwVxKn2LszmDSkiyIJxZgWdnS6HZDO3ml744EXYZXctgovEAusX9jQ-gsT4Qyz9Lo-AdRuI0NNlzJmrFI5Urwiows_dxeoFzs5zErcn7Ftes1Pc9C_Qbkmg4QCDCwU1zFaF0Xm29fr91da3fug4eDdrV3N2yB9uHaasiAdNJrl9mhsRghCGux-s1viKfLGoSBhLO5T__wkJ23cOn-YbnfcxUPm5XDNxeAxstREHLqYllbku-J6Draf-n1AJBOCUrErZUlD3F7ELaPdq-PPseQW6ALxS5Sna-LR4bLWIWLgLunWVw=w970-h969-no

I present to you: Suksessterte
This is a classic cake that is often served in easter, parties and it is a favorite cake for many. The yellow color of the cream really makes the cake interesting, and it is very very tasty.
I will give you the recipe too :)

Nut base:
150 g powdered sugar
150 g hazelnuts or almonds
4 pcs. egg whites

Cream:
4 pcs. egg yolk
1 dl whipped cream
100 g sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
150 g room temperature butter

1. Put almonds / nuts in a food processor and run them until ground. It may well be with some rough bits. Mix powdered sugar and ground almonds / nuts.
2. Put the egg whites in a clean mixing bowl and whisk them until completely stiff.
3. Gently mix the almond / nut mixture into the stiffly whisked egg whites.
4. Place baking paper in the bottom of a springform pan (22-24 cm) and spread the batter in an even layer into the pan.
5. Bake the bottom in the middle of a preheated oven at 160°C for 30-35 minutes. Cool the bottom completely.
6. Whisk together egg yolks, cream, sugar and vanilla sugar in a saucepan. Heat while constantly whisking over medium heat until the cream thickens. Do not let it boil.
7. Cool the cream until it is at room temperature, whisk in soft butter. Put the cream cold until it hardens.
8. Place the nut base on a serving platter. Spread the cream over and shape it to look pretty, however you like. You could use a fork, and also use grated chocolate on top as garnish.

And boom you've got yourself a gorgeous and delicious cake!

Cake.png

Pasta's Easter Dish

Today I have for you three dishes which can be seen as entrée, main course and dessert but to be honest I would not recommend to eat it like that. See it more like an entrée for breakfast, a main course for lunch and a dessert for dinner.

The entrée is my absolute favorite easter dish. My family only eats it during eastern and it is always incredible. There are two versions of the recipe. I like both. The Salt-one was the best as a kid but now I prefer the spices-one more.

Eggs in brine or sole-egg

Idk which is right.

Ingredients:
- eggs, as many as you want

- 80g Salt per 1l of water OR 1 tbsp mustard seeds, 100g salt, 2 pimento seeds, 2 cloves and 3 bay leaves per 1 1/2l of water
- ca. 1l Water
- a big, sealable glass
- Spices like Maggi
- Vinegar
- Olive oil
- Pepper
- Mustard

Preparation:
It is very easy to make these eggs, you just need some time and they will be perfect.
First you have to cook the eggs until you can be sure that the egg yolk is hard and not liquid. In my area it takes about 10-15 Minutes.
Then let the eggs cool off.
Now it is time to prepare the sole. For that you have to either cook the 80g salt with one litre of water and let it cool down and fill it into the big jar. Or cook 1 tbsp mustard seeds, 100g salt, 2 pimento seeds, 2 cloves and 3 bay leaves and also let it cool down and fill it into the big jar.
After the sole is done it is time to crack those eggs. Don't remove the shell, just crack it. That is important because the sole needs to reach the egg and that is not possible with a whole shell.
Then put the eggs into the sole, place the glass in a cooler room like a storage room or maybe even the fridge.
Wait 24 hours ish.
Now comes the good part. Take an egg and peel it. Then cut it in half on the long side, works better. Now remove the Egg-yolk, but save it for later. After that fill the hole from the egg-yolk with 2-3 drops of vinegar, oil and maggi and then a little bit of mustard. It is now time to put the egg-yolk back and then sprinkle some pepper on it.
Et voilà. Eggs in brine.

IMG-20220422-WA0003.jpg

It would not be me, if I would not present at least one Pasta-dish. Since I did Spaghetti-Bolognese the last cooking-competition it is now going to be:

Pasta Alfredo

It is quite easy to make and we eat it a lot since everybody likes it in my family.

All you need for 500g Spaghetti/Pasta is:
- 320 ml whipped cream
- 150 g Parmeggiano, grated
- 500 g Spaghetti
- Salt and pepper
- 90 g Butter
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped

Preparation:
Cook the Pasta al dente. At the same time let the butter melt in a pot, add the parmeggiano and the cream slowly under constant stirring. Then add some salt and pepper for your liking. When the sauce is fine and a bit thick, add it to the Pasta and mix it. Also mix in the parsley. At the end you can garnish the Pasta with some more pepper, salt, parmeggiano and parsley.
Et voilà. Pasta Alfredo

IMG-20220422-WA00001.jpg

Now to the dessert. It is also quite simple and turns out tasty after that. I used the wrong chocolate for the inside so it does not really flows like should do but that did not change anything in the taste!

Chocolate Ramequins or Lava Cake

Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 60g bitter chocolate
- 8 ish pieces of chocolate, bitter or milk chocolate it is up to you
- 13 g Butter + a bit extra
- 1 big egg or 2 small eggs
- 40 g sugar
- 1 tps flour
- powdered sugar

Preparation:
Start with melting the 60g bitte chocolate and the 13 g butter in a waterbath (is this the right word in english? Just melt it in a bowl which is on top of a pot with water, make sure the water does not touch the chocolate). Then let it cool down a bit. Heat the oven to 210 °C or 410 F. Now separate one eggs and stir the egg white until it gets completely stiff. Then mix two egg yolks and one egg white with the sugar until it gets soft and creamy. After that combine the chocolate-butter mix with the egg and sugar cream and sift the flour over it. Then fold in carefully the stiff egg white. Prepare some cupcake-forms with some butter so the mix doesn't stick to it and then fill in the chocolate mass. After that put in each form two pieces of unmelted chocolate and make sure it is covered completely with the batter. Then put it in the middle of the oven for 12 minutes. Then try to get the cakes out without destroying them and sprinkle powdered sugar above it. You can serve it with something like raspberrys or mango sorbet.
Et voilà. Chocolate Ramequins

IMG-20220422-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20220422-WA0004.jpg

There you have my easter dish.
I hope you enjoy the food.
Greetings from
PastaBologneseV

Wow yall can cook. I'm not hosting one of these cooking competitions ever again because its way too hard to pick winners for this. Plus, I am forced too look at all these pictures of wonderful food but can't actually taste them :sob: . Alright, now I'll announce the winners.

First Place: @aylalya 's Tiramisu. I don't know what all those weird biscuit names are, but it looks delicious and the chocolate Easter bunny and egg add the perfect Easter touch.
Second Place: @TitusTheBard 's Orange Gummies. I'm not a big fan of coconut, but those gummies really do look great. Add on top of it the very professional looking picture with that chalice, and I couldn't not mention it.
Third Place: @PastaBologneseV 's Chocolate Ramequins. It just looks so good. I'm mightily tempted to make them myself. I also really like that wooden serving plate, random side note.

Some quick mentions to @maski98 for some quality looking pineapple pizza, the only real pizza, and also @mynameisthis_ 's lembas bread. It is highly unfortunate he didn't post it, but I did see it and I thought it looked amazing.