• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Under review Aman Player Hub

NelmanBlack

Guide
Guide
Supporter
Credits
XP
I figured it was about time to put these ideas in a forum post as they have been living rent free in my mind almost since I joined the server. After thinking on them a bit and deciding on whether people would get annoyed at me for putting these forward, I feel the time has come.

The Main idea is building Valinor as a ‘Server Hub/Lobby’ where the locations are housing for the Role HQ’s and the Server Museum and Lore sections, as a way to incorporate the buildings into the world rather than just in FreeBuild. I figured that due to buildings being in FB they are subject to being redone and revamped which makes it subject to being something that takes away from time or does not allow for duties to run smoothly. Having a base for the buildings may give it more character and be a more intriguing project.

This started from the idea of a project that I have already been working on in my off time for an in-depth server lore location, as I felt the Museum Lore wing doesn’t convey the Timeline in a way that someone can actually learn the details of the server (ie. when buildings were started/finished and big events). From this I saw the parallel with the Halls of Mandos and Vaire’s Tapestry walls which depicts the history of Middle Earth.

At first I figured it would be a project on FB just to put detail around a project that I thought was cool, but there is potential for Adventurers to learn about the Server and have a place to spend time that isn’t on Mainworld or Theme. Additionally it can be where the rules are displayed and other basic info and world info like active builds.
There are probably more parallels to pull for each building like:
Artist HQ - Mansions of Aule (Moria Gang)
Valar HQ - Ilmarin
Common Room - Alqualonde

The ‘hub’ could be a place for Adventurers to take place in minigames like what we have in FB, and spend time with other players and showing what being a Commoner is like. Also showcasing the perks you would get from ranks like the rooms that Commoners get, while maybe barring them somehow from getting into the city, as it would be something for New Players to look up.

Finally the Hub could have a quick warp feature or doorways to certain places alike to WesterosCraft and a map of the world to show warps, although we do have Dynmap already.​

You've basically described what Avallone was going to be. It is an interesting idea but at this stage how is the project going to work? Who would lead it

What resourcepack would we use?

Separate server or within mainworld dynmap?

Do you have any drawn up plans on paper or in minecraft?

Its a great community idea but in terms of a project, I dont think we have the resources or the personnel to do this.

You've basically described what Avallone was going to be. It is an interesting idea but at this stage how is the project going to work? Who would lead it

What resourcepack would we use?

Separate server or within mainworld dynmap?

Do you have any drawn up plans on paper or in minecraft?

Its a great community idea but in terms of a project, I dont think we have the resources or the personnel to do this.

I agree I definitely don't think there is enough available (wo)man power/time to make it a project. Mainly why I thought to make the post and gain interest if there was any.

Avallone ded?

/rp G would definitely be preferable as it is the most varied with block types and palettes though I think I can say for all of us that we don't want a sold white stone build. :p

In terms of location, a different world would be preferable cause I would guess that we don't want a first age landmass on MW. Especially if it were to be a project for all players to be able to access, but naturally I'm starting to plan a miniature in FB to hopefully figure out a general size, plan and block palette, in addition to the stuff I've written down.

Last edited:
Something small and better can be made easyly. For placeholder till something proper is made some day after 10 years

Aman Project

-- Shameless Update --

Hey guys! Been working in my free time and have made up this doc to compile the info on each location in Aman and outline the possible purposes for each location. I've outlined a load of my thoughts on Role HQ's, Player Housing and Additional Locations. Design Ideas for most locations are somewhat figured out but putting them into Minecraft will be the test.

Next step is finishing maps and WP terrain, then moving onto city maps and finalizing design palettes. (One day I'll start building in Minecraft :D).

Aman Project Doc Link

Aman Map (Locations).png

Still extremely WIP but interested in what people think and if y'all have a moment to have a look, chuck in some comments and suggestions please do. Nothing is set in stone. xx

Tol Eressëa
Commoner Island/Hub
Hey guys. In the efforts to procrastinate making the layouts and designs I've put together the brief doc for the Island of Tol Eressëa. In the aims of starting the Aman Project as a Commoner Project and successor to the current Common Room (when the need arises), the city of Avallónë will hopefully fill a lot of needs that some of the Commoners at the moment have. I made a survey a couple weeks ago asking about what people thought in the efforts to both expand on the current Common Room and expand on the plans for this project. The Google Form here, should still be open to suggestions.

Please give it a read, and as always I am open to criticism and eager to have comments on the project as a whole. Will hopefully be keeping up semi-regular updates as I am moving my focus from the continent of Aman, onto planning layouts for the island of Tol Eressëa and additionally starting the designs of buildings and in-game layouts in Freebuild (Nelman_FB).

Let me know if you would like to help in building some concepts.

Tol Eressëa - Expanded Brief Doc

Goodnight!

No Guide HQ smh...
Um, actually........if you look to page nine (9), of the Aman Master Doc, the additional Morquendi Settlement will be the location for a Guide HQ and housing for the Guides outside of Avallónë (The Commoner City) and if we don't build the extra tree settlement the Domain of Orome within the same forest will be adequate.

Though I wouldn't have been surprised that I forgot them!!! ;):D
(for legal reasons, this is a joke)

Last edited:
I figured it was about time to put these ideas in a forum post as they have been living rent free in my mind almost since I joined the server. After thinking on them a bit and deciding on whether people would get annoyed at me for putting these forward, I feel the time has come.

The Main idea is building Valinor as a ‘Server Hub/Lobby’ where the locations are housing for the Role HQ’s and the Server Museum and Lore sections, as a way to incorporate the buildings into the world rather than just in FreeBuild. I figured that due to buildings being in FB they are subject to being redone and revamped which makes it subject to being something that takes away from time or does not allow for duties to run smoothly. Having a base for the buildings may give it more character and be a more intriguing project.

This started from the idea of a project that I have already been working on in my off time for an in-depth server lore location, as I felt the Museum Lore wing doesn’t convey the Timeline in a way that someone can actually learn the details of the server (ie. when buildings were started/finished and big events). From this I saw the parallel with the Halls of Mandos and Vaire’s Tapestry walls which depicts the history of Middle Earth.

At first I figured it would be a project on FB just to put detail around a project that I thought was cool, but there is potential for Adventurers to learn about the Server and have a place to spend time that isn’t on Mainworld or Theme. Additionally it can be where the rules are displayed and other basic info and world info like active builds.
There are probably more parallels to pull for each building like:
Artist HQ - Mansions of Aule (Moria Gang)
Valar HQ - Ilmarin
Common Room - Alqualonde

The ‘hub’ could be a place for Adventurers to take place in minigames like what we have in FB, and spend time with other players and showing what being a Commoner is like. Also showcasing the perks you would get from ranks like the rooms that Commoners get, while maybe barring them somehow from getting into the city, as it would be something for New Players to look up.

Finally the Hub could have a quick warp feature or doorways to certain places alike to WesterosCraft and a map of the world to show warps, although we do have Dynmap already.​
I think this is a very good concept and I think it would be a great Lobby area so people could see their achievements and maybe potentially see what servers are offline or restarting!

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎cheeky little update time

With the recent lists I've been making for wiki stuff, I thought it be a good idea to lay out the locations of Aman. In addition to also refining regions and the lesser areas I can give a good idea of what we have to work with.

Like what we have been seeing with Harad and Rhûn, Aman doesn't have many primarily published locations so I have outline locations that relate to each Valar's domain and (w/ respect) secondary locations, such as Kortirion. Most controversial of which being either: the locations of which didn't have names or the places I've added which were established after what we see during the the Years of the Trees/First Age.

As always, I am constantly changing, updating and incorporating new ideas so feedback is highly encouraged. Take a look!!!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Aman Project - Location List

From this point I am starting to condense all the info I have and refine it all into something more digestible. Would like to do more updates but time is divided and limited.

Lots of love, NelmanBlack!! xoxo