• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted FoxySeamus' Guide Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxySeamus

Artist
Artist
Supporter
Credits
XP
Thread title: FoxySeamus' Guide Application

Minecraft Username : FoxySeamus
Date Joined :
29 September 2018
What country are from / What time do you usually play online: United States, I usually am on most of the day with occasional breaks for an hour or two. :)
Are you regularly on our voice communication?
Yes, pretty much everyday, when I am on the server I am rarely not on the discord.
Do you talk on our voice communication? Yes!
What makes a great Guide according to you? A good guide is somebody who is a good listener, a good communicator and an overall nice and generous person. When i say they need to be a good listener and communicator, Im saying that guides need to be the people right off the bat to welcome people to MCME and just be human to them.:D When I say be human to them I mean to just have a general welcoming conversation with them and make them feel apart of the community right off the bat. Talking to the new adventurers will definitely make them feel more engaged and comfortable with the community. We should also encourage them to join the discord. Getting them to join the discord is definitely one of the best ways they can feel the most welcome to the community! From personal experience if no one influenced me to join the discord I would have never wanted to become commoner, would have never met the people I know today, and I never would have known what a great community MCME is. I personally feel that the guide rank is one of the most important ranks on the server just because of how they're the first people who usually interact with the new adventurers and they are usually the most fun :p because they teach people about the server and lore with tours and they start mini games and PVP! ;) So another thing that makes a good guide is if they start minigames, PVP, and tours consistently, keeping people engaged and entertained on the server (I already have experience running minigames).

Last edited:
Hey @FoxySeamus

Thank you for applying for the rank of Guide.

We are in the process of reviewing your application and discussing it. You may be asked to carry out a trial period. This includes running minigames, tours, it events, some of which will be expected to be ran through voice chat on discord.
We'll get back to you soon. For now, if you have any other queries, please direct them towards myself, or any of the current guides.

Thank you for your patience, and good luck with the rest of your application.

Regards
- The Guides

Greetings @FoxySeamus !

The guides have discussed your application, and we'd like to move onto the next stage with your application. Congratulations!

So, starting from tomorrow, the 25th of July 2020, you will have 1 month to demonstrate to us why you would be a good Guide. You have been given the tours badge and minigames badge if you don't have them already. I recommend looking through the minigames manual and the guide manual on how to do stuff.

As per the application guidelines, it's up to you to keep this post updated. Whenever you do a tour, minigame, event or so on, it's up to you to let us know in here and here only. This is the only place we will look at for progress on your application, we won't check anywhere else!

At some point during your period, you will be expected to complete a trial tour as well. Once again, it's up to you to let us know the details of that, specifically the date and time you'd like to do it and where you'd like it to take place. We won't prompt you to complete one, yet it's detrimental to the success of your application. It can be whenever you want, so long as you communicate your ideas over to us!

We'll support you through it. If there's anything you want announcing, in #alerts or #news, let us know in here. If there's anything you'd like the Guides explicitly to be at, then once again say it down below. We'll keep you updated from time to time, with feedback or updates regarding your application.

So over to you. You have until the 25th of August to show us what you'd be like as a Guide.

Best of luck, and we'll see you soon.

Did a fun tour with @ConfusedLlama_ through rohan we went from aldburg to edoras, helms deep, Dunharrow, and went through the paths of the dead. We had a bunch of people show up for it! Will definitely do this again!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-26 17.52.36.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-26 17.52.36.png
    5 MB · Views: 145
Played a couple rounds of hide and seek with about 5 or 6 people, not everyone is shown in picture :(

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-28 12.46.06.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-28 12.46.06.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 149
Just did another conjoined tour with @ConfusedLlama_ we started in Fangorn forest and went to isengard, salt flats, pelargir, helms deep, and ended at minas tirith. Little bit of a random location tour but we let the people in the tour decide where we went! :p We had about 10 people join! Somebody (I wont say who for legal reasons) put us in a fire dome at the end and lit everyone on fire I promise it wasn't on purpose :eek:.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-28 15.23.58.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-28 15.23.58.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 134
Played a couple of rounds of hide and seek with the boys. About 4 or 5 people joined but not pictured they all left before I could take screenshot :( Thesweviking is one of the boys for life :cool:
Screenshot 2020-07-31 14.23.14.png

Just did my first individual tour starting with three new adventurers later joined by xmine and then later later joined by soars, D3, and Rogue. I let the new adventurers decide where we went, it wasn't a planned tour I kind of was just showing them around the areas that not many new adventurers go to. We went from annuminas, to fornost, tharbad, and then to edoras, dunharrow, through the paths of the dead, and then from there we walked all the way to dol amroth. Was a bit of a longer tour but was def a lot of fun! I unfortunately didn't get a screenshot because I forgot which is big sad :(

Last edited:
Just ran a fun castle tour with about 5-6 people (not everyone is shown in picture :( they were camera shy), we went to rendul, nan dawar, hithrengarth, the pelargir castle, osgiliath, minas tirith, edoras, aldburg and ended at isengard! :)
Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 11.04.48 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.