• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Sevy689 Tour Badge Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevy689

Experienced Member
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
When did you join?
June 1, 2020

What is your current rank?
Commoner

What do you think you can do to make a good Tour?
I have a bunch of experience with streaming and performing for people and I love telling stories. Because of this, I can make casual conversation, talk to people I don't know, and fill dead air. I have adequate lore knowledge which can always be expanded. I'm ready to ask around for server lore to complement this. I'm a big fan of the movies aside from having read the books, so I want to do some comparisons between the two as well as with the server itself, and insert server and literary easter eggs into the tours too.

To me, a good tour is an experience that will immerse the participants into either the world of Tolkien or the community and creations of MCME, or at best, both. I want to style tours in a way that is a balance of lore, storytelling, and overall good time with the community in general.

Why do you want this badge?
When I was an adventurer on the server, all I wanted was to participate in tours. Tours are a great way of welcoming adventurers into the server and of bringing commoners and regular community members back to the beauty and heart of the server. For anyone who comes on to experience Tolkien's world and find people who want to do the same, tours are the place to start. I want this badge because I don't think there will ever be enough tours for new and old members alike, and I think I can contribute to that. I love the server, its creations, and its community, and I want to give back in a way that invites new and old players to stick around and cultivate their own love for MCME.

Heya Sevy!

First of all, thanks for your patience whilst we get this sorted out. There's been a lot happening as of late, so thank you for your patience whilst we had some other issues to deal with first!

The Guides have discussed your application and we've concluded that we would like you to complete a small trial tour.

You are to choose a location on the server and a date and time to present said location.
During this trial tour, you will be expected to give an informative and interesting account on that area of the server in a comprehensive manner.
If you have any questions or queries, please direct them here.

Respond with a location and time for your trial tour and we will work from there.

Thank you!

Heya Sevy!

First of all, thanks for your patience whilst we get this sorted out. There's been a lot happening as of late, so thank you for your patience whilst we had some other issues to deal with first!

The Guides have discussed your application and we've concluded that we would like you to complete a small trial tour.

You are to choose a location on the server and a date and time to present said location.
During this trial tour, you will be expected to give an informative and interesting account on that area of the server in a comprehensive manner.
If you have any questions or queries, please direct them here.

Respond with a location and time for your trial tour and we will work from there.

Thank you!

Hello Raffy! Thank you for replying. No worries, I'm glad to hear back from you and the team.

I would like my trial tour to be at Fangorn Forest. I'm open to doing it on Sunday or Monday at 3pm server time. Let me know if these work for you, I'm usually available around afternoon for you guys :)

Application accepted!

I recommend now looking through the guide manual, which contains the main commands you'll need for tours, so you get a feeling of how to do stuff.

You have also been added to the how to channel on Discord. It contains some useful tips and tricks regarding tours.
If you have anymore questions, please speak to any of the Guides or myself.

Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.