• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~[01/11/2020]

New Year New mcME!
Happy 2020 Everyone!
OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Soarz
Happy new year MCME, last year was a bit wild, but fun. Time just seems to fly so fast when your having fun with friends and building amazing projects. With this new year we have the 1.14 update that is very close to being done, meaning more projects to report on. No more "Not much here this week" from us, as tons of work will be started shortly. I hope everyone is ready for another year with the community, because there is more fun to be had. So if your popcorn is ready with all the butter you can muster, lets get into this weeks edition.

~ Project Progress ~

Andrast - Lead: @jacenpeter | In Progress
Report by Monster_Duck

Andrast lies in wait for the server update, so until then it will be mostly inactive. Thankfully, Eriol is on the homestretch to updating to 1.14, so we won’t have to wait much longer!

Andrast 10.png

Misty Mountains – Lead:@Finrod_Amandil | In Progress
Report by Monster_Duck

Nothing to report this time…. Soon the 1.14 update will roll out and glaciers, mountains, and valleys can reach their full beautiful potential.

Misties 10.png

Moria – Lead: @DoctorDaom | In progress
Report by Soarz

The 21st hall is getting a lot of attention this week around. Nap started working on the University District in the 21st hall, do /warp moriauni to check it out. Also the military district in the 21st hall is getting some love as well, Daom has started working on that and pretty much finished the basic wall design and towers as well, do /warp 21military to check out the mighty walls and massive ballistas. Milarwen is helping too and started working on the dwelling designs made by Nic months earlier. Nic is replanning the west gate area and optimising some bigger questions we had no answer to with the current planning, se wait and be hyped for a new and fresh plan made by Nic and Daom eventually. Furthermore, Bart has started voxel work on the big rift near the bridge of khazad dum, also he gave tp zone an interesting colour grading. We can forget about Slowlex who has finished his bath hall a while ago and is now starting on the connecter hall near nics dwelling cave. And finally, Mershy who just recently became an artist has also started to help out in durins crossroads cave, maybe they can finish that monster earlier than expected, who knows only time can tell.

Moria 10.png

Osgiliath – Lead: @ooitsbirdo | In progress
Report by Foolhardyfish

So since you were last updated by me, Christmas and New Year has passed us all by and I hope you all had a wonderful time. However, over those few weeks progress certainly hasn't passed Osgiliath by. Vegetation continues to spring up, not just in the boundaries of Section 4, but also within and around the Dome of Stars. Bart has brought Jobs back to Osgiliath, focusing on portions of the main camp and the Dome of Stars and thank you to all those Commoners and Adventurers who have participated. Furthermore, Ooits has made substantial progress working on the camp, with purple wool turning to structures week by week. And finally, I've been working on the roads and the larger of the buildings, adding, of course, vegetation.

Osgiliath 10.png

~ Texture Development ~
Report by Soarz

Update our resource packs to mc 1.13
Eriol has been hard at work this past few weeks, seeing how the 1.14 update is on the horizon we all can understand that. Here is a word from the man himself
“Last week I spend some time on fixing commands for copy/pasting in Architect plugin. We'll need these as replacements for FAWE commands as FAWE will probably not be available for 1.13+ for at least 6 weeks. Current FAWE snapshots are not stable and frequently just delete whole chunks of blocks. I'm almost done with these commands. While testing them I found some small bugs in Architect plugin that would become quite annoying in 1.14. I'm going to fix these before I continue with updating the worlds, but should not take long.
Next world to update will be either Moria or Mainworld. There will be quite a lot of conversion derps as we don't have enough blocks in 1.12 to move all unstable blockstates to stable states. So we'll need to run derp fixing jobs after the update all over the map. There will not be many derped blocks, we moved all the frequent blocks to stable states. So the jobs will be mainly searching for derped blocks and also for signs placed by plugin during the conversion instead of blocks know to be lost during the conversion.”

~ Plug-in Development ~
Report by Soarz

As i hope many of you have noticed we have almost finished the transition into 1.14. Many people helped make this a reality but one stands out, Eriol who played a Critical part in the move we have made. The builds look better then ever, just to give you a little idea what is in store we have a few screenshots of some new builds that have been converted over, this is just a taste of the glory of MCME and its builds.

The Shulker Forest:
One of MCME's prized forests, built to perfection by our amazing build team. There is no other forest that can even fathom of being as good as this one. Maybe in time we can build a forest that can possibly surpass this piece of art.
Shulker Forest.png

Command Amroth:
When you hear the word Amroth what do you think. Hours of our time? Sewers? Lag? well nope those are all wrong, you should have heard Command, for the new and improved Command Amroth. This is a showcase build that will push our server to the tops and make us known for our creative and different builds!
Command Amroth.png

Redstone Vineyard:
Have you ever went to an art showing, this is just like that. When you walk into one of our Vineyards you are greeted by our abstract builds, we don't want to be like the normies, but like the cool kids, who seems to think we have no imagination. Well they are wrong, we do have an imaginative mind and can make wonderful pieces of art. Go and check them out, they can be find all over the server.
redstone vineyard.png

Ha, gotcha, while we are moving over to 1.14 this is what you will find. Don't worry much as it will all be changed in due time, but still enjoy the sight of what blocks are actually being used as custom blocks.

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Keeping MCME running is not free, every month we have to pay $235 to keep up all our work. Donations help us keep doing what we love and providing you with amazing builds to look at. Donations are not required but greatly accepted, if you want to help us in our feat of rebuilding Middle Earth in Minecraft you can donate here.

Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs

Our Donors

• papituns
  • We also had two anonymous people donate, and to you both we would like to say thank you very much for your contribution to the server.
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS
Writing Contest Winner:
Lamoria had this one in the bag after his amazing story titles “Dark days on Númenor”Congratulations on the much deserved win and we hope to see you keep writing in the future.
Link

Winter Events:

All is done with this years winter events and with that is a big thanks to all the participants.
  • Arothir_Alamareo (Hide and Seek, New Year's Party, Christmas Tree Build Contest)
  • awaywind (Hide and Seek)
  • DingusWingus366 (Writing Competition)
  • gadget271 (Writing Competition)
  • JarNO_WAY (Unwrapping Event)
  • Sam_Of_Seagull (Festive Karaoke)
  • Soarz (Campfire Reading)

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by JarNO_WAY

Waterice_man: It is with great regret that I announce the resignation of Waterice_man. He was a valuable asset to the community and he really left his mark. Good luck with everything in life, and hit us up every once in a while!
Resignation

Mershy: Congratulations Mershy on your promotion to artist! The builder team discussed and decided he would be a valuable part of the team! Good luck with building, and let's hope we see your beautiful houses on the server soon!
Promotion

Darki: Congratulations Darki on regaining the rank of artist! We haven't seen you in a while but it's great to have you back in the team. Darki will always be of immense value to MCME and it's great to see him picking stuff up again!
Promotion

BWOT: Congratulations BWOT on gaining the rank of Manager! Three is, of course, company, and with your two fellow managers I'm sure you'll all make a great team. Especially your contribution will most likely be valuabe. Good luck!
Promotion

Soarz9: Soarz is now officially a manager! Being the first to be promoted to this rank after it was installed, we'll hope he will put it to good use and bring many contributions to MCME! Good luck on your new job!
Promotion

Ben_the_Epic: Congratulations Ben on taking on the rank of guide! After a magnificent trial tour he blew the guides away and gave no other option than to accept him. Keep making MCME great!
Promotion

~ Interviews ~

Interview with @BenTheEpic

Question 1. How did you find MCME?
I found MCME on some website but I forgot the name lol.

Question 2. What is the most impressive MCME build in your opinion?
The most impressive build on MCME in my opinion is probably Dol Amroth! The amount of detail in all the buildings just make it so amazing and show how committed the builders are to creating quality builds.

Question 3. What’s your favorite place on MCME?
My favorite place is definitely the forests of Andrast or Ithilien. They are just so peaceful and its nice to just walk around and look at all the vegetation!

Question 4. Who did you first interact with as an Adventurer?
I first interacted with Odin! He showed me around the server and gave me a lot of building tips and helped me get used to the different textures and building styles.

Question 5. How were your first few days on MCME?
My first few days were awesome! It was so amazing to just walk around and explore the map with the Lads!

Question 6. What is the funniest thing that's happened to you while on MCME?
The funniest thing to happen to me is not a single time but really whenever I’m in vc with Maski, Matthew, and Darki.

Interviewer: wazowskithewhite

~ Winners of the fortnight~

This week we have another round of amazing builds and Media posts. We only choose from the best every time, so hard work does pay off. Sometimes it can get competitive and that is what will win a place here. Please give a warm welcome to this Times, winners of this week.

MEDIA Winners:
Last fortnight brought us exciting content: Xmine delivered two cinematic clips of Rivendell! What else will the future/Xmine bring us?
Besides the clips, some amazing screenshots were taken (as always!), by Xmine, Lindo, Squid and Antimatter amongst others.

P.S. some of the most quality screenshots cannot be included in this winner’s pick, unfortunately, because they are already in the Times. I’m talking about Mithril’s amazing progress screenshots, which deserve recognition.

THEME-BUILD Winners
Congratulations to Dichadon for winning this fortnight’s competition! It looks really promising, in some ways I even prefer it to the official Rivendell. I also want to congratulate Thadi for coming second. His/her theme-build looks promising, even though (s)he only had three days time to build. Dichadon and Thadi were the only people to complete their theme-builds.
The new theme-build is building a mallorn, a Lothlórien tree. If you want your skills to be recognized, I recommend working on the next theme so that you too may be featured in the Times!

P.S. shoutout to Xmine for taking the screenshots (as you could guess by the quality), as I was unable to join MCME this weekend.

~ Lore of the Week ~
Of Beleg Cúthalion:

Beleg was a Sinda who served King Elu Thingol of Doriath. He was considered to be the best archer and huntsman of his time. Together with Mablung, he was one of the great captains of the Sindar.

Beleg was captain of the Marchwardens and therefore was usually on duty on Doriath's northern borders. Beleg carried a black bow named Belthronding, to which his epessë (surname) referred, and an arrow called Dailir.
If he went outside of Doriath, he was often accompanied by Mablung, e.g. when they went to the Mereth Aderthad. He and Mablung also were the only two Elves from Doriath who joined the hosts of the Noldor in Nirnaeth Arnoediad. He took part in the Hunting of the Wolf, together with King Thingol, Mablung, Beren Ercharmion and the great hound Huan.
Later he became a good friend and brother-in-arms of Túrin Turambar, and thus became ensnared in Túrin's accursed fate. For a long time Túrin joined Beleg in Dimbar.
When Túrin fled from Doriath, Beleg received permission from Thingol to follow him into exile and give his pardon to return. He deemed his bow unsuited for this task and from Thingol's armoury chose the sword Anglachel that Eöl had forged and given to Thingol in tribute. He took it despite Melian's warnings that the sword possessed the malice of its creator.
Beleg was captured by a band of outlaws ,Túrin led, near Amon Rûdh and was tortured, because Túrin was not present. He brought word from Thingol to Túrin that he was free to return to Doriath, but Túrin neglected the offer. After returning to Thingol to bring the news, Beleg returned into the north marches; when winter came, he set out again to join Túrin.[5]
The outlaws had meanwhile taken about at Bar-en-Danwedh, the halls of Mîm, the Petty-dwarf.
Together with Túrin, Beleg became for a while a captain of the Outlaws against Morgoth. The place where they dwelt became known as Dor-Cúarthol, the "Land of Bow and Helm". Beleg healed Andróg, from an arrow wound, causing the hatred of Mîm who not only hated the Elves, but also because Andróg was his enemy. When Mîm was captured by Orcs, he didn't hesitate to reveal where the outlaws had their refuge.
After fierce battle upon the top of Amon Rûdh all men were slain and Túrin captured. Beleg was bound and left back alive, as was demanded by Mîm who wanted to deal with the Elf personally. But Andróg was still alive, though dying, and he chased Mîm away and cut through Beleg's bonds before passing.
Beleg followed the Orcs into Taur-nu-Fuin, where he met Gwindor, an Elf of Nargothrond who had been captured in the Nirnaeth Arnoediad but escaped from slavery in Morgoth's mines. With his help, Beleg found the Orc-camp at night. He shot one by one the wolves who guarded the camp. He then was able to rescue Túrin, who was unconscious because of the torture he had endured.
Beleg carried Túrin away from the camp and cut his bonds. But the blade slipped away and cut into Túrin's flesh. Awaking suddenly and filled with terrible memories of past torture, Túrin only perceived a shape bent over him with a blade and believed the Orcs were about to torture him again. Finding his hands unbound, in a sudden rage of self defense, Túrin wrested Anglachel from Beleg and killed him.
Beleg was buried along with his bow Belthronding by Túrin and Gwindor. Anglachel had turned black and blunt when it spilled its master's blood. But Gwindor took it with him, for he deemed it better to use the blade for vengeance against Morgoth, than to leave it rotting in the earth.
Túrin afterwards made a song for Beleg, named Laer Cú Beleg, the Song of the Great Bow.

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question:{Question}
What is the Quenya AND Sindarin word, for Moon.

Bonus question: What city of man used the word in its name?

Question: {Question}
How many sons did Fëanor have and what were their names?

Correct Answer: {Answer}
He had 7 sons, Maedhros, Maglor, Celegorm, Caranthir, Curufin, Amrod and Amras

Congratulations to Thr33way for getting the question correct!

Presented by: Arothir Alamáreo

~ More Media ~

You know us, we love sharing our progress and Twitter is the perfect place. Give us a good follow and always have something to look forward to on your daily scroll. Just to spice it up, comment your favorite parts of our builds at
MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . You won't be disappointed!

Sometimes you just want to enjoy some quality pictures, we got you covered. Head on over to our Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Advertisements ~
Artist
Ahh yes. We all know the question. “How can I build?", As well as the responses “You can try a theme build” and “You can take part in jobs." The other answer is “Apply for Artist”, and the last option is by far the most exciting. Being able to build in your favourite places all the time. Sounds awesome. We can never have enough Artists, and with a wide range of current projects, there’s plenty for you to do!
Are you inspired to join MCME’s main build rank? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Managers, Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide
Or perhaps, you’re not a builder. Well. That’s not a problem! Becoming A guide is obviously the better option anyway. As a Guide, you’re the forefront of MCME, and there’s no greater feeling than when someone says your tour was awesome. You don’t actually have to be a lore nerd either, you’ll pick up on lots really quickly.
When you join the Guides, you’ll be giving tours, running minigames and testing players in lore quizzes, or if you prefer less “on the spot” stuff, Guidebooks are obviously your zen, or helping to tell MCME about MCME by writing up articles in the times. You’ll also plan help plan events such as The Summer Events and The Anniversary Events. We hope you join us soon, because us Guides really would love some more of us. What’re you waiting for?
Just click Guide and apply today!

~ Closing Statement ~

Sadly, this is where we must part, but that's fine, you know where to find us next fortnight, the times team wishes you a good new year and we hope those new year resolutions are going well!

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT

“Never laugh at live dragons”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times

mcmiddleearth.com

Attachments

• Mordor 10.png
    Mordor 10.png
    864.2 KB · Views: 256
  • Shulker Forest.png
    Shulker Forest.png
    316.8 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
#NEWS
Writing Contest Winner:
Lamoria had this one in the bag after his amazing story titles “Dark days on Númenor”Congratulations on the much deserved win and we hope to see you keep writing in the future.
Link
I didn't know my story was zelda related :p
Here is the true Link : Dark days on numenor
Thank you for the compliment by the way. I'll make sure to continue this story, so maybe we can see how ************* dies
:eek: