• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~ The MCME Times ~ [02/21/2020]

The Good Ole Times!
A Managers Tale!
OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by mapthor
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is it. The final Time's Edition under Manager Soarz. While most of you won't care about this, I just wanted to throw it out there for historical purposes. Anyways, onto the news. We've got a whole load of new promotions that past few weeks, another quality .mp4 from the Video Team, and the largest edition of the MCME Podcast ever recorded. Also, good old Mojang is hitting us with an increased build limit which means MCME is going to new heights in the next few months or whenever that update drops. But let's not worry about the future, we got to focus on the present because before we know it, everything will fly by while we're having a good time. But hey, that's just me ranting. Do whatever you wanna do and live your life the way you wanna life it.

Happy Sailing,
mapthor

~ Project Progress ~

Anorien - Lead: @draonic_slayer | In Progress
Report by draonic

Not much has happened over the past two weeks. The Main bulk of work that can be seen in the east of Aldburd where Ober is slowly turning the sand into smooth hills

Anorien 4.png

Lond Daer – Lead: @mattlego | In Progress
Report by mattlego

We are one week away from the halfway point on the contest and the houses in New Town are nearing completion

Lond Daer 4.png

Moria – Lead: @barteldvn | In progress
Report by Mershy

Moria has been progressing great these last couple weeks! Moviecave has plots popping up all over the place with people getting involved with the building process. Some really nice mining areas and paths being created over there would definitely check that out. We also have a small project that we have in the works at the moment. Depending on if it is done and pasted or not, you will have to wait and find out.

Moria 4.png

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Keeping MCME running is not free, every month we have to pay $235 to keep up all our work. Donations help us keep doing what we love and providing you with amazing builds to look at. Donations are not required but greatly accepted, if you want to help us in our feat of rebuilding Middle Earth in Minecraft you can donate here.
Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs
Our Donors
  • Tim bronzebeard
  • _Emeryld
  • Illorum
  • Office4Life
  • ooitsbirdo
  • _Plasticbottle
  • Lilfaen99
  • TheChristopher1
  • Marozzo
  • edgy_bigmac
  • minimushrooms
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by Soarz9

Haldir_123: The rank has been having a major boost in the past weeks and we welcome another awesome person to the rank of guide. If you dont know him ask about his work on the many mazes on MCME.
Promotion

~ Interviews ~

Interview with @Sevy689

Question 1. Who are you?
I'm Sevy, I'm stuck in quarantine for nearly a year now, and I like music and arts. sometimes i'm known as that penguin, 90% of the time i'm Effie

Question 2. Fav thing to cook, why, and can we have the receipt?
Prawns in alavar sauce! it's a Filipino sauce that's coconut milk-based. I generally love shellfish in general.
OWOmP5pFF7yBSXRPaF82k9A5KIDVPnODdwh2o19U6lzM6euqbC01UJS7C8ktX-VkGmA6M99szBm-kZMBClLUZev_ohrR5FCRvSBuaTNwgQTGPMvy-bOULm_vIXOcUAdApHF7fwGx

Question 3. If you could be any race in Middle Earth, what would it be and why?
A hobbit. Mentally I am in the Shire, drinking and gardening and drinking.

Question 4. Fav poster from MCME?
Totally not biased, but the Last Supper banner I made for the 10th Anniversary Closing Ceremony!
qLkG0ii_Mx6PZdIMxdVRXPacI2uFL9OayT8DXOk4TrvBs3E8HRR8lDgyrwd5C4mGfP2YvrEiYZfRS6i5QFMKVMXecoaS287GIKH789a_uWTdBNUosLg4TUqnmSyH2hn7sCjylkSk

Question 5. Dream video that you would like to create for the server?
Something like Pixlriffs’ 200 questions video!

Question 6. What do you do outside of MCME (Any hobbies?)?
I sing, play the keyboard and guitar, do photography, I used to digitally paint but I haven’t picked up my pen in a while. Before quarantine, I was very involved in musical theater - I learned most of my skills there. Performing, managing, photography, a little graphic design… I miss that.
ijJinMsbWja-rCAFHM4hLZCiS3HKa9T0sL6UTgbgIcKy_XqQdkw5BYsAcm3ZdPio4wM8pNwFR6Yh9GbZJE7QJA5PWpck8umP4OW0FWL0Y3QP8OSOCxOrhsNEjdx-o4L6vshcxd2p

Question 6. What’s your favorite TV Show when you were younger?
It depends how much “younger” that is. I watched a lot of the Pokemon Anime. I guess once I started watching live action series the one I got most into was The Flash.

Question 6. Want to plug anything?
I thought I’m not supposed to advertise on MCME !!!! Tsk tsk Arch. If you want to find my music covers, you can just dm me… but I also comment on the MCME videos with my Youtube account from time to time ;)
Interviewer: -A (or Arch idk)

~ Winners of “The Week” ~

This week we have another round of amazing builds and Media posts. We only choose from the best every time, so hard work does pay off. Sometimes it can get competitive and that is what will win a place here. Please give a warm welcome to this Times, winners of this week.

MEDIA Winners:
I hope you enjoy all the amazing work these select people have put into their work, make sure to congratulate all of them on a job well done!

Honorable Mention: Good shot by Givet, I feel. Well-edited by Mershy. The sunlight reflected by the river at the bottom is a bit distracting, but that's not enough for me to say no to this being a Media Winner.

media 5.png

Honorable Mention: I find it interesting how a shot so simple can be so good. So simple yet done so well that there's honestly not much I can say about it. Shot by Givet.

media 6.png

Honorable Mention: Here's your odd shot of the fortnight, this time from Effie. If there's anything to learn from this shot it's that editing your skies is a good idea. ...If you're adding tentacles.

media 1.png

Honorable Mention: While this shot doesn't have enough shadowing for my liking, I don't think I could criticize any other aspect of this shot from Emeryld. It's so simple, yet it does everything else right.

media 2.png

Honorable Mention: Wish it was looking higher, but other than that, this is a pretty stellar shot from Givet. Very heavily edited, but I feel it all comes together very well.

media 3.png

Media Winner: Shots like this make me wish we could see the whole of MCME loaded with shaders (with crazy shadow render distances) in one shot. However, since that's not possible, I'm willing to settle for relatively smaller shots like this one from Givet. Well done to him.

media 4.png

THEME-BUILD Winners
Double congrats on @Orruss for winning the first place on both themes and beautiful job to all other winners. Amazing builds on that Dunland Concept! Love to see more of your creations in the next weeks

Dunland Concepts

Dwarven Forge

~ Lore of the Week ~
Of the Drúedain and Ghân-buri-Ghân :

Ghân-buri-Ghân was the son of Ghân with whom he shared his name, and became the chief of his tribe.
During the War of the Ring, Ghân-buri-Ghân helped King Théoden and the Rohirrim to avoid an army of Orcs by taking them through the secret pass of Stonewain Valley. This allowed the Rohirrim to arrive in time to fight the Battle of the Pelennor Fields. In return, Théoden promised that the people of Rohan would no longer trouble the Drúedain and would drive away the Gorgûn (Orcs) that hunted them.
Following the War of the Ring, Aragorn, as High King of the Reunited Kingdom, issued the decree that Drúadan Forest belonged to only Ghân and his people, and that no one else was allowed to enter the forest without their permission.

Of his people, the Drúedain were a race of wild Men. The Rohirrim called them Woses or Wild Men of the Woods.
They were clearly good-hearted people who suffered at the persecution by the malice of evil people; or by ignorance, as their "unlovely" (according to the Elves) appearance led many to believe they were savage beasts. Although some of their numbers joined the Edain and some briefly remained on Númenor, they largely held themselves apart from the troubles and calamities of Middle-earth, and possessed their own mysterious ways and magic.

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question:
How many elven cities fell as a result of the curse laid upon Hurin and his family?

Question:
Who was Olorin the chief student of?

Correct Answer:
Nienna

Congrats to HoverKing for getting this weeks question correct!!

Presented by: Arothir Alamareo

~ More Media ~

You know us, we love sharing our progress and Twitter is the perfect place. Give us a good follow and always have something to look forward to on your daily scroll. Just to spice it up, comment your favorite parts of our builds at

MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . You won't be disappointed!

Sometimes you just want to enjoy some quality pictures, we got you covered. Head on over to our Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

It doesn't matter if you just woke up or after a busy day at work; scrolling through Instagram and seeing a cool project you have worked on, or just amazing graphics from your favorite server on your favorite game. MCME's Instagram is the right place to be. Check it out at mcmiddleearth on Instagram, or this perfectly good link to take you straight there.

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Closing Statement ~

Howdy everyone and welcome to the end of my final edition of the times for a time. See what I did there. Anyways thank you for always being here to read the updates every week, and to all my followers id like to thank you for the long journey. I'd also like to thank the academy, the Valar, and most of all the time team who have always done what they had to in order to get the best content they could. Yall have been a big part of my life and i look forward to being a stranger down the road. Until we meet again! <3

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job and continue on!

Quote from JRRT
“I regret to announce — this is The End. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com​

Last edited:
1613938484047.png

~~~Special Part~~~

As you would have read at the start of The Times, this is @Soars last edition of the Times because he is stepping away from MCME for a while. Thank you for everything you have done on MCME. Here is a few quotes from some members for you!​

Mapthor
It’s only been two years since I first met you, but it feels like it's only been a few weeks because of how much fun we’ve had together. From the late night GTA grinds, the Staff venting sessions, watching you shotgun a coke, to even seeming you shave your eyebrows on stream, every chat with you and the bois has been such a fun experience for me and I’m sad to see you go from MCME. Who will I get my staff secrets from now?! Jokes aside, I got a few months left of MCME and you have a few months left until life kicks into gear, so let's make the most of it. We got some hoodrat shit to do, so let’s get it done.

Farewell, Mr. Worldwide o7
T7W-AGMRfIXGAFaa3gy6_mYmY_HoCMQulgaV6YiP7GEcb4r5uZvn5C0laMKsTsG9CIi4KHmnm0gPYx0sNuB0z3NlWByLtIuJVkUg3yKo9cO8uFPL8uKWpp5AOF0MDrlMAghA4-OR

Xmine
Soars <3, Honestly before we got married, I didn’t really know you that well. It was a very sudden decision but probably one of the best I’ve ever made. From all the therapy sessions, to late night sleep deprived talks about overpriced Cameos. But even though we’ve only know each other for this relatively short time, I have to admit that talking with you has always put a smile on my face. You’re someone that can never be replaced and you’ll always be a valuable part of the community and our daily lives, Through good days and bad, I’ll always be there for you when the need arrives <3.

Super
Soars soars soars where to begin. Considering when I first met you I thought you hated me I would say we’ve come a long way in the last 11 months. From 6am voice chats to trips to disneyland we have had some real laughs; I know MCME won’t be the same without their favourite guide manager and resident therapist. I think everyone on MCME would agree when I say you’ve been a valuable asset to the community and I can only wish you the best for the future and never forget what happens in the tank stays in the tank.

Mershy
Damn Soars what a great time I have had on the server when you’re around. It’s always a hilarious experience whether it is a drunk tour in the shire, building a shed in andrast even playing rocket league together with the lads. Getting to know you this past year even when I was a commoner you were always someone that was approachable and great to talk with. It will be a quiet and sad time when you’re not around in MCME and hope you pop in now and again.

Anonymous (Arch)
The Man, The Myth, The Manager.
Soarz, We can't thank you enough for what you have done for MCME. You are one of the greatest asset to the server, and you will defiantly not be forgotten. 'If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.'

And finally from me I would like to publicly say how excellent you have been over the time you have been. Thank you for all your hard work, the whole server appreciates everything you have done!