• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~ The MCME Times ~ [07/26/2020]

The Seven Stars are Shining Bright!
Let Us Start the Games!
OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Mapthor
Hey all, Map here! I just got back from a two week vacation in the lands of Wyoming so I’ve been distanced from the community for a bit. But nonetheless, it is my job to bring you the biweekly Editor’s Note so here I am! The Summer Events are finally upon us with the opening ceremony, hosted by our lovely therapist Soarz, being scheduled for the 31st of this month. Be sure not to miss his lovely speech or whatever he has planned. Once that is over, the Summer Events will last until the end of August so be sure to take part whenever you can. But if you can’t make all of them, that’s ok. Just make sure to attend Awaywind and I’s Mini-Middle-Earth Race on August 15th at 17:00 UTC :). I’m only joking. Try and attend every event you can. The entire Event Team has been working their asses off getting these events ready so go out and help support all their work.

Happy Sailing,
Mapthor

~ Project Progress ~

Anorien - Lead: @Oberanio | In Progress
Report by Monster_Duck

A great bit of work has been completed in Anorien. Whether our build team is working on streams, concepts, or creating jobs for commoners, progress is becoming evident. The farms around Anorien are also being developed.

Anorien 34.png

Lond Daer – Lead: @Ivan1pl | In Progress
Report by Monster_Duck

Lond Daer continues to steadily progress. Concepts for ruining are being made, and work with the resource pack continues. Another shot at a layout for this project is also in the works.

Lond Daer 34.png

Moria – Lead: @DoctorDaom | In progress
Report by Mershy

Oh what a beautiful Moria. The progress still continues down in the depths. First things first, Lacotax has been voxelling the movie cave as it's labelled. Incredible work and I would advise everyone to take a look. Daom, Bart, 2nah, Rogue, draonic and myself have been working a lot in 21st Hall. The upcoming Moria university is looking amazing so all moria tours must stop here now! Draonic has also been given a small dwelling to work on located between the great cavern and the donut cave. Finally, I have continued work in my mine area close to Durin’s Crossroads and I have enlisted the help of Xmine and Thamso to help me with this area. So expect some jobs hopefully soon. All in all some nice progress over here.

Moria 34.png

Osgiliath – Lead: @ooitsbirdo | In progress
Report by Monster_Duck

Progress has been much the same this week folks. Bart's city walls look closer than ever to completion and work has finally begun on the Section 1 camp, though more help from any willing artist would be very much appreciated. We're nearly there!

Osgiliath 34.png

~ Plug-in Development ~
Report by Soars

• Nic is currently working on the pvp plugin to make it more efficient and easier to use.
  • Eriol is working on making the server network integrated.
  • Ivan has been updating the Eriador RP to new universal RP structure, he has also been adding many new fancy gondor detail blocks as well.
  • Toti and his team are creating new terrain and vegetation textures many of which look insanely good.

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Keeping MCME running is not free, every month we have to pay $235 to keep up all our work. Donations help us keep doing what we love and providing you with amazing builds to look at. Donations are not required but greatly accepted, if you want to help us in our feat of rebuilding Middle Earth in Minecraft you can donate here.

Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs

Our Donors
  • FoxySeamus
  • ItsJustPeyton
  • Sevy689
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS
MCME Music Team:

"Calling all musicians, composers, song writers, or music producers of MCME!" We are looking for talented individuals who are able to help make a more imersive MCME. There is a lot to work on and we would love to have you!

MCME Summer Events 2020:
Its time for another round of summer events, and boy do we have some for you this year. The times of all the events are listed, for more info on what the events are click below.

Alcarinquë - The Opening Ceremony
Hosted by: Soarz
31st of July 19:00 UTC

Morwinyon - The MCME World Cup

Hosted by: @Archimdes
Starting the 3rd of August - 18:00 UTC

Luinil - The Summer Karaoke
Hosted by: @Xmine01
4th of August - 18:00 UTC

Lumbar - The Great Summer Brawl
Hosted by: @D3rr3x
11th of August - 18:00 UTC

Helluin - The Mini Middle Earth Race
Hosted by: @mapthor and @awaywind
15th of August - 17:00 UTC

Nénar - A race in the Dark
Hosted by: @Archimdes
16th of August - 18:00 UTC

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by Ben_the_Epic

Iru_: Welcome back to the moderation team Iru! I know you will be a great moderator and make sure that justice is served on our server!
Promotion

Rogue_Scholar: Rogue_Scholar’s hard work has paid off and he has attained the rank of Artist! I can tell that you will be a great help to the build team and be a dedicated team member!
Promotion

~ Interviews ~

Interview with @Iru

Question 1. You were one of the first to join MCME. What was it like, how did the dynamic of the group work?

I first joined MCME within the first two weeks of the server's initial advertisement on the MineCraft Forum back into October 2010. I recall whilst completing my application I was playing on Minecraft Alpha whilst Return of the King was playing in the background. A few days surpassed and I jumped online not knowing what to expect. I do recall however walking into appeared to be warzone. Bagend was a large mound on a flat plain, there were five or so smaller mounds which I assumed to be smaller hobbit holes and a large fountain separating the two. I wasn't too familiar with the mechanics of the Minecraft and I felt It was best to be the grey man as I say some administrator (I don't recall) was chewing into some player for building a 1 x 1 dirt tower nearby.

Fast forward a week or so further, many hours passed by and I found myself actively partaking in job which I felt was rather laissez faire, but, my enthusiasm to get some mundane work done paid off and I was provided with a foreman role with added moderator privileges.

During this time there was no such thing which resembled a standardized moderator rank other than being listed a King. I got to joining the official Ventrilo server listed for MCME at the time and there were regulars on there. I believe for the most part of 2010 to early 2011 the server's community was somewhat gamer orientated and there was not much of a niche holistically towards the building aspect of the server. For the most part a lot of referencing towards build composition was referenced through the Atlas of Middle-Earth. Our server lore enthusiast, Carlosbear, heeded the way in terms of laying the ground works on judging the cartography aspect of where builds were to be located along with how they should of been built in reference to Tolkien's literature. In saying that, however, that was merely the basis of how the server ran but usually the dynamic of the group was laid back individuals. From my understanding the server's regulars were for the most part, North American with the odd European here and there.

Forward to mid-2011 to 2013 there was a shift towards the server being more build orientated, with the introduction of new block types and the server's map configured to be more organized and navigable. ;

The boom of JesseCox's first server tour saw an astronomical surge in the server's popularity, which had the server's nice 15 minutes of fame in the MineCraft community. This brought in from what I felt, the foundations of the server's community and opened the flood gates of inspired builders and enthusiasts of Tolkien's work. The server shifted to a community-based building with the introduction of the well revered river and grassing jobs, theme builds and build days.

It was between 2013 and 2015 where MCME hit its golden era.

The server became streamlined having found builds to be uniformed across regions with tools such as Voxel Sniper and WorldEdit paving the way for project leaders. At this point RP projects such as Fall of Gondolin and the Five Wizards were released to the public which showcased MCME's talent in another fold. At this time, our voice communication program transferred over to TeamSpeak where we had more the most part on average around 30 people on at any given time. It was hard to find any days where there wasn't anyone on; you'd find at least a couple of people to talk to and find some common grounding to relate on, whether it be talking about school work, watching a movie with one another, play another game or go off on tangent for hours.

I found that most of my fondest memories were not made from big server events such as build days or server tours, but in the mundane hours when nothing really happened. If you had felt left out, all it took was partake in a river dig with 15 to 20 other players for hours on end.

Question 2. If you had to pick a race from Tolkeins Middle Earth, what would it be and why?

I would have to pick the north men but more liking to the Éothéod whom are commonly known later on in Middle-Earth history in establishing the Rohirrim.

I've admired them to be quite conducive in being supportive and often trusted upon in times of dispair and calamity in the early ages of middle-earth. You may have read that these people had assisted in the aid of Gondor on the Field of Celebrant where they had arrived just in time. History has repeated itself again and they had just arrived on time whilst Minas Tirith was under seige.

I guess I have more familiarity with them in being just normal men, however, history has described them to be virtuous and noble.

Question 3. In Australia, when you are draining water does it move clockwise or counterclockwise?

I'm still awaiting a response from the International Drainage Commission.

Question 4. You've been on MCME for a long time and within that time you were Head Enforcer (Old Head Moderator). What was your favorite ban?

I think one of my memorable moments was when Mirimo and I were overseeing a large amount of Droogs building their houses in the Bree Slums. We decided to pair up and enter each house in order oversee that players were building their homes in compliance to build standards (Yes, there were rules for this...).

We came across one house that had a inconspicuous tunnel hidden under the flooring that led down to a 4 x 4 squared room with four chests. The player who built the tunnel was not online but overlooking Hawkeye logs, showed he had constructed them a day prior (Mind you WorldGuard was only implemented in significant areas such as Helms Deep and Lothlorien).

We decided to investigate the chests and found that he managed to mine 2 whole stacks of TNT. I proceeded to take photographs in order to collate evidence but shortly after both Mirimo and I saw the username that was responsible for the TNT log on online. We immediately vanish. As we suspected we saw the player's in game tag above us walking around and opening doors not knowing we were underneath. Even though we we're vanished the suspense was unbearable, and I couldn't help but laugh for a solid 2 minutes.

I told Mirimo but we should wait off and follow what he does. We decided to watch the player for some time where we followed him to an area of the map that was primarily desert. He was seen digging around and collecting sand for a good 10 minutes. At the very least we could of banned or kicked the player there for griefing but again, decided to hold off.

About 10 minutes after, I log off and log back on with my alt account. I decide to message the player and ask him if wanted to help collect all the wheat in the Bree fields. Knowing it was a 50 / 50 chance to get him side with me. The user messaged me saying he had a stack of TNT to give to me as he was planning on lining the Bree Library with TNT as well as planting them under prancing pony. Shortly after I accompany the player where he throws a whole stack of TNT infront of me to collect.

I follow the player and see him dig under the Prancing Pony. He/She messages me "You won't snitch. Ye?". I replied back words to the effect of "TNT bros, no hommos!"

Just as he finishes lining up the TNT, Mirimo tells me he had just WorldGuarded the floor where the player has lined up the TNT. I see that the player is attempting to set it off with what appears to be 10 clicks a second on their end. I immediately disconnect and reconnect with my main account. I teleport to Annuminas where I had my Officer Base and proceed to teleport the player into cell block with what resembled an electric chair which contained a sign "Can you dig that, sucka" on a wall.

Mirimo and I proceeded to unvanish and rip into the player for failing to set off TNT. After letting him plead for some time we then mass teleport everyone on the server to viewing area. Mirimo asks the player if he had any last words. As soon as he said something, I immediately ban him on the spot.

Question 5. What advice would you give to the new generation of MCMErs?

My advice would be to take the opportunity to embrace your time on the server and not become too consumed in having to build straight away. Get to know the server and understand it's dynamics first. Usually I've seen new players jump straight on having passed the New Player World and go "Any jobs" or "Where can I build" or "Is [location] built yet". Take the time to familiarize yourself with the New Player Guide, read the forums and join the Discord when you have the opportunity.

This server has built some great friendships of which have had the opportunity to meet some players in real life of which will last a lifetime.

Interviewer: Archimdes

~ Winners of the Fortnight~

This week we have another round of amazing builds and Media posts. We only choose from the best every time, so hard work does pay off. Sometimes it can get competitive and that is what will win a place here. Please give a warm welcome to this Times, winners of this week.

MEDIA Winners:
3Tf5wJs.jpg

For the first time in the history of the MCME Times Jarno_WAY won the fortnight’s selection. Congratulations! Other than that, nothing special happened the last two weeks in #screenshot-feedback, so just like twenty epic screenshots. Plenty for our social media, thanks a bunch!

THEME-BUILD Winners
Thanks to everyone who participated in this week's theme builds! And thanks for your interesting ideas on that Moria housing!

And thanks to all amazing builds for Bilbo’s 111th birthday party!

~ Lore of the Week ~
The Ainur:
The Ainur (singular Ainu) were divine spirits, the 'Holy Ones'. They were the first beings created by Ilúvatar, the 'order' of the Valar and Maiar, made before Eä in order to help him create the world and all within it.
Through the Music of the Ainur, Ilúvatar created a Vision of the World, and explained much of its nature and destiny to them - so the Ainur have much knowledge of the World, but are not omniscient. Then Ilúvatar granted the World true being. Many of the Ainur desired to descend into it and form it in readiness for the coming of the Children of Ilúvatar (Elves and Men). Fourteen of these great Ainur became the Valar, or Powers of Arda. The fifteenth, Melkor, turned aside from that path and became known as Morgoth, the Dark Enemy. The many lesser Ainur that accompanied the Valar into Arda are known as Maiar.
Those Ainur who entered the World at its beginning remain bound to it until its end.Though Melkor was eventually thrown into the Void by the others, he is prophesied to return before the end. Little is known of the ultimate future of the Ainur, even by themselves, but it is said that, after the great battle at the end of the World, they will make a Second, even greater, Music with the Children of Ilúvatar.
The Ainur are angelic beings, however they do possess gender. Those who later descended to Arda took on common male and female forms to appear to the Elves in, and have an inherent male or female gender even when formless. This is because their gender is based on their being, which is independent of any physical form they may assume.
The Ainur are spirits and are immortal, but unlike the Children of Ilúvatar, they do not actually need hröar. Nevertheless, they can take tangible physical form called fana, but this is a manifestation of their spirit and they do not technically have bodies the way Elves and Men do. As such, an Ainu cannot quite be killed. However, Ainur's spirits can be weakened, in ways that hinder their ability to take shapes, influence the world, or even affect the world at all.
For example, Sauron's spirit was repeatedly weakened by successive damage when he was defeated by Huan in the form of a Werewolf; in the Downfall of Númenor which destroyed his ability to take fair form; his defeat in the War of the Last Alliance, which came at a cost so that he had to regain his power in the East, dormant for about 1000 years; and finally with the destruction of the One Ring which broke his ability to affect the world at all, reducing his spirit to a state that could no longer do harm. None of these things killed Sauron outright. A similar fate faced Saruman when he was murdered by Gríma—because of his evil deeds, his spirit was allowed to fade as Sauron's spirit faded.
But when Gandalf the Grey was killed by Durin's Bane, not only was he brought back, but his spirit was significantly restrengthened into an even more powerful form, Gandalf the White due to his commitment to the task he was given.
Melkor though was the most powerful of the Ainur (greater than the rest of the Valar combined), and his spirit, instead of fading away, was exiled from Arda altogether through the Door of Night into the Void. It's prophesied that Melkor would return at the Dagor Dagorath in Arda's last days for one final confrontation against the Valar and the Children of Ilúvatar. In this confrontation, it is stated that he is "destroyed".

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question:{Question}
How many different Head Guides has MCME had?

Question: {Question}
What name did Sauron use to disguise himself, before deceiving the Elves of Eregion to create the rings of power?

Correct Answer: {Answer}
Annatar

Monster_Duck

Presented by: Monster_Duck

~ More Media ~

You know us, we love sharing our progress and Twitter is the perfect place. Give us a good follow and always have something to look forward to on your daily scroll. Just to spice it up, comment your favorite parts of our builds at

MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . You won't be disappointed!

Sometimes you just want to enjoy some quality pictures, we got you covered. Head on over to our Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

It doesn't matter if you just woke up or after a busy day at work; scrolling through Instagram and seeing a cool project you have worked on, or just amazing graphics from your favorite server on your favorite game. MCME's Instagram is the right place to be. Check it out at mcmiddleearch on Instagram, or this perfectly good link to take you straight there.

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Advertisements ~
Artist
Ahh yes. We all know the question. “How can I build?", As well as the responses “You can try a theme build” and “You can take part in jobs." The other answer is “Apply for Artist”, and the last option is by far the most exciting. Being able to build in your favorite places all the time. Sounds awesome. We can never have enough Artists, and with a wide range of current projects, there’s plenty for you to do!
Are you inspired to join MCME’s main build rank? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Managers, Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide
Or perhaps, you’re not a builder. Well. That’s not a problem! Becoming A guide is obviously the better option anyway. As a Guide, you’re the forefront of MCME, and there’s no greater feeling than when someone says your tour was awesome. You don’t actually have to be a lore nerd either, you’ll pick up on lots really quickly.
When you join the Guides, you’ll be giving tours, running mini-games and testing players in lore quizzes, or if you prefer less “on the spot” stuff, Guidebooks are obviously your zen, or helping to tell MCME about MCME by writing up articles in the times. You’ll also plan help plan events such as The Summer Events and The Anniversary Events. We hope you join us soon, because us Guides really would love some more of us. What’re you waiting for?
Just click Guide and apply today!

~ Closing Statement ~

TOver the past two weeks I've been working on many projects, some related but the majority not. I’ve come to the conclusion that if what you are doing is not fun to you then you need to change what you are doing. This doesn’t mean stop, just make it better for you. Another thing I've come to see is that not everything you do looks good to you, but to others it might look amazing. So throughout your weeks to come time we speak again make sure to have fun, enjoy what you are doing, and most of all smile. Thanks for shopping with us. - Storez9

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT
“Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com​

Last edited:
This Week's Question:{Question}
How many different Head Guides has MCME had?

Hm I think 4?
ryan, mando, ark, raffy - not counting people in charge of guide but without the explicit rank (iru, dyno i think, etc)

@Iru_ gotta respect a man who uses "whilst" twice in the same sentence. You act as if there was ever a time people didn't join and immediately ask "is ___ built yet," though. I don't believe it.

Hm I think 4?
ryan, mando, ark, raffy - not counting people in charge of guide but without the explicit rank (iru, dyno i think, etc)

@Iru_ gotta respect a man who uses "whilst" twice in the same sentence. You act as if there was ever a time people didn't join and immediately ask "is ___ built yet," though. I don't believe it.

i think eriol was head guide too

btw great times edition guys <3