• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~ The MCME Times ~ [11/1/2020]

Spoopy Season!
Scary Norir Noises!
OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by _Luk, GingerlyGinger, Mapthor, Smaug, Soarz, Jona.
Hello Everyone, Welcome back to a "outstanding" edition of the MCME Times. There has been alot of interesting things going on since the last edition. Keep your eyes out for the podcast that will come out soon, where toti talks about texture for half an hour! The guides held many events for the spoopy season, hope you didn't get too scared. All in all we have a fantastic edition of the times for you so make sure to read it all!

Quotes made while writing this editors note:
"What color is smaug's underpants" - From the podcast

"When we going to Disney"
"Let me Deliver my Pizza" - Mapthor

~ Project Progress ~

Anorien - Lead: @barteldvn | In Progress
Report by Mershy

Same progress over in Anorien. Xmine has been doing a great job with streams in preparation for the forest update. As a texturer, I can say it looks very exciting and will be a major boost towards the final stages of completing the Gondor pack.

Anorien 21.png

Lond Daer – Lead: @Ivan1pl | In Progress
Report by Mattlego & _Luk

It’s going really well, we’ve gotten a lot of the northern city done or in progress. Started building some rich houses, started the harbor, draonic is working on the bathhouse, etc. Really worth checking out in game I guess. Commoners have been building alot currently, as well as Thamso and Itai helping out alot. Smaug actually built something.

Lond Daer 21.png

Moria – Lead: @barteldvn | In progress
Report by Mershy

Planning and building is still happening over in Moria. New textures such as the minecart are worthy additions and with Duke + Maski updating the custom inventory it becomes ever so exciting. Mershy Mine or now known as the The Upper Mines is nearing completion with only one side of the cave left to do. With that in mind the group moves through Moria to another potential project.

Moria 21.png

Osgiliath – Lead: @ooitsbirdo | In progress
Report by maski98

After the 50 hours build day the walls and the towers were done. Doing some fixes and @EffieFrag finishing the last towers. @Xmine01, me and @barteldvn started doing little swamp at the west part with help of @The__Stephen. Coming right after that is making concepts for the ruined villages and fields on the east side.

Osgiliath 21.png

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Keeping MCME running is not free, every month we have to pay $235 to keep up all our work. Donations help us keep doing what we love and providing you with amazing builds to look at. Donations are not required but greatly accepted, if you want to help us in our feat of rebuilding Middle Earth in Minecraft you can donate here.
Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs
Our Donors
  • JarNO_WAY
  • Nelman_Black
  • Archimdes
  • D3rr3x
  • Smaug_Niphredil
  • EffieFrag
  • ooitsbirdo
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS
Guide of the Month:

Congratulation to Sevy for being the guide of November!! She has done an amazing job and proven that in a short time how a guide should look, amazing job and congrats Sevy!

Buildbattles:
This weeks Buildbattles had a spooky theme (Scary Stories). The Winners are below!!!
1st best build: EffieFrag and Rogue_Scholar
1st best story: Rudolphius and OddShapedRock
2nd place: Bean327 and Green_Giant
3rd place: Johnyeric and ConfusedLlama_

Halloween Celebration!
For a little Halloween celebration, @Sevy689 and @givet10 held a good old Halloween Costume Contest. With help from @ooitsbirdo_KGB and several other commoners and team members, we dressed up Bree just for the event. Check out the spooky look in the media gallery!

During the event we had plenty of spooky and creative participants! While they walked the walk, our judged @Confused_Llama @FoxySeaums and @DoctorDaom searched for their favorite ones.

Here are the top 3 scariest winners:
1st Norir
2nd Amha333
3rd Xmine01
And a honorable mention to SpassTV for the best story.

A big thanks to everyone who made this Halloween event spooky and special!

halloween 1.png

halloween 2.png

halloween 3.png

halloween 4.png

halloween 5.png

halloween 6.png

Who Last Saw The Ring?
Finding the Ring can be a challenge especially in a large map. But with the hints many people have indeed found it!

1st: Green_Giant
2nd: Melkor_Belegurth
3rd: Itai007

Remember to keep a look out for the next Event that is going to happen!
Who Last Saw The Ring? Event!

~ Commoner News ~
Greetings Commoners and other ranks. We meet once again, on our scheduled date to take a look on what our members have been working on the past month, and where YOU can help out!​

Current Projects:

Common Room- The new wing that will serve as our parliament is coming to life with new interior. Empty rooms and old works in progress need to be finished. Contact Amha333 or SpassTV to get to work!

The Vault- The Vault is still alive and kicking! Want to help with terrain, secret crypts, cave systems and interiors? Make sure to contact Nelman_Black, Bean327, johnyeric, or givet10!

BoM- Project Gondolin has officially started! Isn't this exciting? Melkor_Thalion is looking for YOUR elvish house concepts, so be sure to contact him.

The Commoner Community wishes you good luck on your badge, artist, and guide applications!

I hope everyone enjoyed the 10th anniversary festivities. It's truly magnificent what a minecraft server has accomplished in 10 years time, and I can only imagine what it will in another 10. Here's to MCME, and on with the Halloween festivities!

~ Rank Updates ~

Sadly nothing to report this time around, but don't get too worried things ever stay still on MCME!

~ Interviews ~

Text Example
Interview with @Itai007

Question 1. If you could wipe out any completed city in MCME which one would it be and why?
Tharbad. Looks like a Chinese rip-off of Osgiliath. Choosing Agar & Udul was tempting as well, but I don't think we count those as "completed"

Question 2. If you could be any race in Middle Earth what would it be and why?
Prob a ranger wandering in Eriador, killing monsters and “guarding from evil things folk that are heedless” witcher style, like I’ve dreamt of doing for years.

Question 3. What's your response to Thamso answer last fortnight?
Absolute bs.

X-rdfmhTeFC_muQb9uZLsoppd8qlt30Fb4tLY3wA7-AtG5NmXqLKcZTuc5aHGF2d_D1onMiUuoNZwKDHu2Q8Uyj22MNuGf1gjk58Mkjp7V6FWfjO2Np2n_h0VY7kiCvBgFaBC-Xd

Question 4. You have to assemble your own Fellowship, from MCME who would you take and why
Basically all of Moria gang (That counts as 8, right? :p) - we won MCME survival 2020, we can do anything.

Question 5.Describe your perfect dinner, starter, main, side, dessert and drink?

Main - Entrecote, Well done (Yes I like it well done, fight me)

Side - Grilled potatoes

dessert - er, vanilla ice cream?

drink - .........water?

Question 6. What is your favorite Lol What That Droog Said Comment?

This is a rather recent one, Jarno was spamming chat with ...funny jokes, and Rogue just came in telling him to stop. Jarno told him “So what’s your idea of a good joke”, and Rogue replied “Your MCME career”. The following ‘oof’s and ‘F’s were just glorious.

1lBQuBxpb9WYPu3CmCeSPEH1r1XflyuOAp6IJ0bM2HP8C3Y3iN88kBUkcB6Tkcg0L_N5d1MjCD8jeoxk_4eyNlxUf4hOlgW_GZCZJvNT0F3n3WyR_GPLgca2jsCqrXhFbCD0SWYY

Question 6. What is it like to build in Moria?
Very dark. And gray. Did I already mention dark? Jokes aside, taking part in this project is great fun and Daom & Mershy are doing a fantastic job at leading it.

Interviewer: Everyone's Favorite Guide and Interviewer Archimdes

~ Winners of “The Week” ~

This week we have another round of amazing builds and Media posts. We only choose from the best every time, so hard work does pay off. Sometimes it can get competitive and that is what will win a place here. Please give a warm welcome to this Times edition’s winners of this week.

MEDIA Winners:
Last fortnight, I asked y'all for more of your best and you provided! ...Like, really! A lot! Like, this is kinda unheard of.

Additionally, we had a sort of unofficial bribe-off contest in my DMs the other day. Itai and Givet both wanted the Media Winner position enough to shower me with compliments and, in Itai's case, promise me a hall in Moria named after myself in exchange for the Media Winner position. (Yeah. Really.) Even Shroomy hopped in to see if he could get a Blender render in the Media Winners, though he was unsuccessful. That was a fun day. Though I hasten to add that the bribe-off did not really affect the results of the Media Winners this edition, nor will it in future editions. But with that out of the way, let's get into the Media Winners for this edition.

...Oh, and, uh, y'all don't have to provide so many shots next time, y'know? Like, I dunno, take a break, lol

THEME-BUILD Winners
Congrats to all winners and amazing builds at this edition!

~ Lore of the Week ~
Of Glaurung:
Glaurung was the first of the dragons and one of the foremost lieutenants of Morgoth during the First Age. He had four legs, and fiery breath, but no wings and could not fly. He was sentient and could talk and understand speech.

Exactly when Glaurung was created is not known, but he first emerged from Angband in F.A. 260,during the Siege of Angband. Although he was still young according to the long life of Dragons, and not grown to his full strength, his initial assault pushed the Noldor from Ard-galen, which he took and defiled, to Dorthonion and the Ered Wethrin. This victory was short-lived, however, and Glaurung was forced back to Angband when Fingon rode against him with a company of mounted archers. Morgoth was not pleased that Glaurung had revealed himself while still immature, and did not allow any more forays from Angband for some two hundred years

The siege of Angband was broken in F.A. 455 in the Dagor Bragollach, the Battle of Sudden Flame. Glaurung, now grown to his full might, led the largest army of balrogs and orcs yet assembled against the leaguer of the Noldor and overthrew it. He then pressed against the people of Fëanor and, defeating a contingent of their riders upon the plain of Lothlann and forcing Maglor's Gap, burned all the land between the arms of Gelion.
The counter-attack came in F.A. 472, when the Union of Maedhros marched in force against Angband in the decisive battle of the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, the Unnumbered Tears. Glaurung and his brood entered the battle in the early hours of the third morning, when Morgoth loosed his last strength against the combined forces of Fingon, Turgon and Maedhros:
But the Dwarves of Belegost with their great war masks withstood him. Surrounded and hewed at by their axes, Glaurung was driven into a rage and slew Azaghâl the Lord of Belegost. But with his last stroke the Dwarf-lord dealt Glaurung a grievous wound to the belly and the dragon and his brood fled back to Angband, leaving the final victory over the Union to Gothmog and his balrogs
In the autumn of F.A. 495 Glaurung led an army of Orcs against Nargothrond. He passed over Anfauglith and first assailed the north Vales of Sirion, then coming south laid waste to Eithel Ivrin and Talath Dirnen. His advance was checked by the Mormegil, Túrin Turambar, who led the forces of Nargothrond out to meet Glaurung in the Battle of Tumhalad. The Elves were utterly defeated; King Orodreth was slain, and although Túrin attempted to rally the survivors to a last defence of Nargothrond itself, Glaurung came there first. The dragon passed swiftly over the bridge over Narog and destroyed the Doors of Felagund.
As Glaurung's orcs were sacking the city Túrin arrived and cut his way to the captives. As he did so Glaurung emerged from the doors and put him under his spell. Túrin was transfixed by the gaze of dragon as the captives, among them Finduilas, were led away. Then Glaurung spoke to Túrin and convinced him not to go after Finduilas but to return to Dor-lómin and rescue his mother Morwen and sister Nienor (when in fact they had already fled to Doriath). After weaving the first strand of his plot to bring doom to the children of Húrin, who Morgoth had cursed, he drove away his orcs and made his abode in Nargothrond, casting down the bridge and, in true dragon fashion, laying down to sleep on the great hoard he had plundered.
The following year, F.A. 496,Glaurung's slumber was disturbed. Hearing of the fall of Nargothrond a small party from Doriath, including Morwen and Nienor, was sent to seek tidings, especially of the fate of Túrin. His keen sight quickly detected them and, as they approached his dwelling, he issued forth into the Narog and created a steam and reek that scattered the spies in confusion. Glaurung then crept swiftly towards Amon Ethir where he met Nienor, alone, and placed her under the same spell he had her brother Túrin. But this time rather than subtle deceits he used his power to completely obliterate Niënor's memory and left her to wander in the wild.
For the next several years Glaurung ruled as the 'dragon-king' of what was once the Realm of Nargothrond, gathering many Orcs to him.Meanwhile, Nienor escaped from Mablung's care and wandered into Brethil. There she was found by Túrin, now living amongst the Halethrim, who named her Níniel. Not knowing that they were brother and sister (Túrin having never met his sister and Níniel ignorant of her true identity), the two fell in love and were married. In F.A. 498 Glaurung began to send his orcs against Brethil, and thereby forced Túrin to reveal himself. The next summer he came there himself, but was caught by an ambush before he could reach the Halethrim's dwellings at Ephel Brandir: Túrin lay in wait in the gorge of Cabed-en-Aras, and as Glaurung attempted to leap over it he was dealt a mortal blow by Gurthang, Túrin's black sword.
However even as he lay dying on the banks of Teiglin, the Deceiver completed the doom he had woven for the children of Húrin. Túrin was rendered unconscious by Glaurung's noxious blood and Níniel, coming upon the scene, thought him dead. With his last breath the dragon revealed his plot, and as he died his spells were undone, so Nienor Níniel regained her memory. In despair she leapt to her death into Cabed-en-Aras, and when Túrin awoke and also learned the truth from Brandir, he cast himself upon his own sword.

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question:
What were all the early names of Glaurung in the early versions of the legendarium?

Question:
Name all the characters named Turin in Tolkien’s legendarium

Correct Answer:
Túrin Turambar, Túrin I, Túrin II

Congrats to Mr_Kekss for winning this week!

Presented by: Arothir Alamáreo

~ More Media ~

You know us: we love sharing our progress and Twitter is the perfect place. Give us a good follow and you’ll always have something to look forward to on your daily scroll. Just to spice it up, comment on your favorite parts of our builds at

MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . You won't be disappointed!

Sometimes you just want to enjoy some quality pictures. We got you covered. Head on over to our Facebook account. Try liking and following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth.

It doesn't matter if you just woke up or after a busy day at work; scrolling through Instagram and seeing a cool project you have worked on, or just amazing graphics from your favorite server on your favorite game is always a pleasure. MCME's Instagram is the right place to be. Check it out at mcmiddleearth on Instagram, or this perfectly good link to take you straight there.

YouTube Spiel

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Closing Statement ~

The Anniversary was an absolute blast, getting to see all the old members as well as all the events that where held. Hard to believe that MCME is 10 years old, time flies when you're having fun. With that, this will conclude this fortnights edition of the MCME Times; from all of us in the Times team we thank you for reading along and don't forget to comment, like, and subscribe!

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT

“I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times

mcmiddleearth.com​

Last edited: