• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~[11/17/2019]

It's finally cold season!

Anywhere is cold if you just believe it is!

OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Soarz

It's your favorite news letter of the week back again with some spicy new content. We had a slower couple of weeks this time around but none the less its still all good stuff. New projects are starting and 1.13 is in full view but sadly isn't touchable yet. That's ok though because there is still more to do around here. With it being more cold as of late that means finals and end of classes for some of us, giving us both stress and at the end free time. Anyways lets get on with this weeks edition, i hope you have a good read and don't forget to smash that like button.

~ Project Progress ~

Anorien - Lead: @Oberanio | In Progress

Report by _Lord_Of_Squids_

Progress has slowed down here due to some wait for more detailed vegetation textures, which Toti has been hard at work on! Progress will resume soon.

Anorien 3.png

Misty Mountains – Lead:@Finrod_Amandil | In Progress

Report by NicovicTheSixth

No progress here sadly, but it still looks amazing regardless.

Misties 3.png

Lond Daer – Lead: @Ivan1pl | In Progress

The wait for 1.13 and planning continues, other than that there is sadly nothing noteworthy happening with this project currently.

lond daer 3.png

Moria: Fellowship's path – Lead: @DoctorDaom | In progress

People are working still in Moria, caves are being terraformed, resource pack is being updated and halls are being worked on, of the last we have two noteworthy finished halls, by not artists, but commoners (although one got promoted). The two who finished their halls are SierraLeone_ and Duke0fWellingt0n.

Moria 3.png

Osgiliath – Lead: @ooitsbirdo | In progress

Report by FoolhardyFish

Section 4 continues, with progress at an all time high. Over 60% of the houses have been complete with the rest being completed all the time. Alleyway vegetation continues to be done by myself, and tree markers are making an appearance across each area. Thanks again to all those who have lent a hand.

Osgiliath.png

~ Texture Development ~

Report by Toti

I’ll have to admit. I had to look at what I wrote in the last times edition because time has been flying. This time I can report that actual pixels have been painted. A whole bunch of them actually. As Ober mentioned above there has been a bunch of progress going towards vegetation. However the scope of what I was planning on doing regarding vegetation on MCME got wider over the past few weeks. I’ve explored many new possibilities and have so many ideas for how we could push vanilla Minecraft to its limits. Only challenge now is how to make this happen most efficiently and without losing too much of my sanity :p. Though I know 1000 words mean nothing if I can’t show anything so here is a very teasing sneaky peek at some of the stuff that has happened.

toti.png

~ Plug-in Development ~
Report by Eriol

Update MCME to mc 1.13
Still no progress. I’m still busy in real life.

Spigot Server:
Spigot development server for 1.13.1 is ready to use. :)

External Plugins:
no information searched yet: -none-
no version for 1.13 available yet:
-none-
1.13 version found but not tested: -none-
1.13 version crashes or is bugged: -none-
1.13 version tested and working fine: :):):):):):):):)

MCME Plugin Status
not yet tested with 1.13: -none-
1.13 update in progress : -none-
tested and working fine :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor

Hey guys! As usual, we need donations to keep the server running, so please help out if you can!

Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs

Our Donors

• gadget271
  • conorpo
  • Eriol_Eandur

#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

~ Rank Updates ~

Report by Didi45

Duke Of Wellington: Congrats to Duke for making it to the Artist Squad! More Purple! Keep up the good work and make us proud! No bad screenshots of Moria without the RP on though, that is bannable from now on ;) Be sure to wish Duke good luck and congrats!

Promotion

Darki: I am sad to say the least that Darki has decided to step down from his many roles (I do not remember what he is anymore) so he can focus on other things… I have known Darki for quite some time and we will miss the tent man and the one who eats during meetings and what not… We hope to see Darki again in the near future and maybe him take back his role (Whichever one it is meant to be) Best of luck onwards Darki! Don’t be a stranger!

Resignation

~ Interviews ~

Text Example

Interview with @Arothir_Alamareo

Question 1. What made you want to become a Guide?

Hmmm well for the badge I guess? Haha nah I became a guide because I never really fancied myself much of a builder nor was I really confident in building. When I joined, the guys who left a lasting impression on me and the guys I always went to for help were the people who knew a lot about the server. They would show you around and they inspired me to put effort into the server and they made the community feel like a community, so I always wanted to be like one of them and do that for others. And also I love talking about lore so any excuse I get to do so haha.

Question 2. Who is your favorite player and why?

My favourite player hmm that’s hard and might be a bit controversial so everyone haha but I usually talk to Geola12 and LordLewis6 and Maski98 the most on this server if I’m honest discounting all the higher ups I talk to.

Question 3.What's your favorite place on MCME?

My favourite place on the server is probably Minas Tirith with Ost-in-edhil/Rivendell being a close second, although I have issues with Ost-in-edhil’s size

Question 4. What's a piece of Lord of the Rings lore you are proud to know?

There’s so much lore it’s hard to pinpoint one piece but probably the battle between Fingolfin and Morgoth because that battle is beyond epic

Question 5. What is the best thing you’ve done on MCME you are really proud of?

Hmm best thing so far has probably been my two free builds that I’m currently creating right now. My Death Star over guide HQ and my elvish temple. I’m also starting to create a lot of australian events or Aussie time zone events so probably that soon but that’s hush hush right now.

Question 6. What made you join MCME and why did you stay?

I joined MCME because of my love for lotr. I saw it on a tour video and I thought I had to see it because it looked so cool, plus in those days you needed to be whitelisted on so I wanted to see it after that lol cause it felt prestigious as well. But I stayed because of the community and want to help and just be around those that share the same interests as me and I can be myself around.

Interviewer: wazowskithewhite

~ Winners of “The Week” ~

So we got some good ones as always. Make sure you show some special recognition towards the winners of the week! They’ve presented exemplary displays of our server’s creative potential! Give a hand to these winners!

Sadly this week due to some complications we do not have any winners. We will be back next edition to show you our winners.

~ Lore of the Week ~

Of the Divisions of elves:

Text Example

According to legend when the elves woke at Cuiviénen, Imin, Tata, and Enel, and their wives joined up and walked through the forests. They came across six, nine, and twelve pairs of elves, and each "patriarch" claimed the pairs as his folk in order. The now sixty elves dwell by the rivers, and they invented poetry and music in Middle-earth. Journeying further, they came across a band of Elves watching the stars, which Tata claims as his. These were tall and dark-haired, the fathers of most of the Ñoldor. The ninety-six elves now invented many new words. Continuing their journey, they found twenty-four pairs of elves, singing without language, and Enel added them to his people. These were the ancestors of most of the Lindar or "singers", later called Teleri. They found no more Elves; Imin's people, the smallest group, were the ancestors of the Vanyar. All in all they numbered 144. Because all elves had been found in groups of twelve, twelve becomes their base number and 144 their highest number (for a long time). None of the later Elvish languages had a common name for a greater number.

Once the elves started the Great journey to Aman certain groups eventually started to peel off and some refused it entirely. After the 3 Ambassadors of the elves returned from Aman, due to the fear created from the first defeat of Melkor at the hands of the valar, The names of these representatives were Ingwë, Finwë, and Elwë who later lead the 3 houses of the eldar, the Vanyar, Noldor and Teleri but later the Sindar.

When the three returned, they spoke to their people of the beauty and bliss of what they had seen and urged them to travel to Valinor and abide there. Thus began the Great Journey, also known as the Sundering of the Elves. All of the elves agreed, save for the Avari, who chose to remain in Middle-earth. They were labelled the Moriquendi, the elves of darkness, and they did not pass the misty mountains. Along the journey two more groups split off from the great journey, becoming the Sindar and Nandor. The Nandor were Telerin elves who departed the journey once they reached the anduin and such became one of the moriquendi as well. The Sindar were also Elves of Telerin descent broke off the journey on the shores of Beleriand out of loyalty to their king Elwë, or later Elu Thingol, who went wandering in the woods in search of the Maia Melian who he fell in love with. His brother Olwë took the rest of his people and went to aman. The elves who did not complete the journey were henceforth labelled also Moriquendi however received the sub title of Úmanyar ("Those not of Aman") meaning they started the journey however didn’t finish it. Those who completed the journey, the Noldor, Teleri and Vanyar, were labelled the Calaquendi (Elves of light).

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question:{Question}

This Week’s Question

What were the names of the 3 splinter kingdoms of Arnor and their respective rulers at the time of their creation.

Question: {Question}

Last Week’s Question

The 22nd of September 3001 TA was an important day for both Bilbo and Frodo. As well as being Bilbo's 111th birthday, it was also a significant day in its own right for Frodo. Why, and what was important about this?

Correct Answer: {Answer}

Answer

It was Frodo's 33rd birthday and "Coming of Age". Also, Frodo and Bilbo's combined age equaled 144, which was also the amount of guests invited to the party.

Congratulations to @Smaug_Niphredil for successfully answering this week's question first

Presented by: Arothir and Raffy

~ More Media ~

Woop woop. Everyone’s favourite part of the times has returned again! Huzzah! We gotta kick off this with the usual twitter. Be sure to give us a “hello!” at MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . Who knows, Cookies may be involved!

Twitter is not the most popular “social platform”, so for you “yooves” with a trendy Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

(What do you mean Snapchat is more popular than Planet Minecraft of course it isn’t)

~ Advertisements ~

Artist

Ahh yes. We all know the question. “How can I build?", As well as the responses “You can try a theme build” and “You can take part in jobs." The other answer is “Apply for Artist”, and the last option is by far the most exciting. Being able to build in your favourite places all the time. Sounds awesome. We can never have enough Artists, and with a wide range of current projects, there’s plenty for you to do!
Are you inspired to join MCME’s main build rank? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Assistants, Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide

Or perhaps, you’re not a builder. Well. That’s not a problem! Becoming A guide is obviously the better option anyway. As a Guide, you’re the forefront of MCME, and there’s no greater feeling than when someone says your tour was awesome. You don’t actually have to be a lore nerd either, you’ll pick up on lots really quickly.
When you join the Guides, you’ll be giving tours, running minigames and testing players in lore quizzes, or if you prefer less “on the spot” stuff, Guidebooks are obviously your zen, or helping to tell MCME about MCME by writing up articles in the times. You’ll also plan help plan events such as The Summer Events and The Anniversary Events. We hope you join us soon, because us Guides really would love some more of us. What’re you waiting for?
Just click Guide and apply today!

~ Closing Statement ~

And that's it, another 2 weeks gone by. Mid November can be a dull time, but hey, at least it's nearly Christmas. And rumour has it, Bree is getting more festive by the day! Stay tuned...

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT

“Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times

mcmiddleearth.com​

Last edited:
What rhymes with shoes? And often gives you the blues? That's right, it's time for the cashews! Okay, that, doesn't really rhyme... How about, news?

~ Winners of “The Week” ~
So we got some good ones as always. Make sure you show some special recognition towards the winners of the week! They’ve presented exemplary displays of our server’s creative potential! Give a hand to these winners!

Sadly this week due to some complications we do not have any winners. We will be back next edition to show you our winners.
Wait what? Do we have winners or not?

Last edited: