• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [20/12/18]

WsXsLR1omk37408x2kcwrhayDKnlj7o_DZ1ZBgt-uaNWqFyYM8VW-YbO6JAAGurYW303bgFE2tUJe9RNCntBPk1PlOxSjcGn7zTvLPTYHFPa7ig7QJf5lIjmnSNz5giF7fcblI_X

The Official MCME Times
PLvyafajq1_AnDLLE8-mgO2VQdhkcsb9mRpQSBUtKZGv5BqVFQVdx0AWroUhAcQGDYkdCS-0Gd3eVQnaP00EVqlVB6YJtjG1t9aakGKsDUbm6E1qo6vWk06Y4_L2Q_1H7wGtPgE4

Hytale Middle Earth!
Jokes, jokes… but, we are now back on the Times!
OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by BWOT
Hello, my good friends, enemies and people I don’t even know of MCME. We are back with the Times, and I take full blame for not posting sooner. It's not like I ignored the reminders Didi, Toti and Eriol sent me constantly on posting it. Well, looks like it got to me finally. If you didn’t get the joke in the title, you are living under a rock and need to get on our discord! I have been working really hard on something, and it has been taking a lot of my time, it's called the MCME Mordor Pack. A lot of work still to be done, but at least you know I’ve been trying. If you want to complain about something: annoy all the designers who haven’t been updating their project threads.

~ Project Progress ~

Andrast - Lead: @jacenpeter | In Progress
Report by BWOT

Well, Jacen has been doing finals so not much progress, come back another time!

Andrast.png

Belfalas – Lead: @Darki , @barteldvn | In Progress
Report by BWOT

There are like trees or something now… yeah. Pretty sure @Oberanio was doing some houses near Greymane Castle/Fort.

Belfalas.png

Dol Amroth – Lead: @dav3ck | In Progress
Report by Didi45

Streets are complete! (Big thanks to Toti) Sadly now with Kj gone we are looking for a new person to lead the sewers... Dave is also currently planning a overhault for the docks. Work is progressing nicely, good job to all Dol Amroth builders!

Dol_Amroth.png

Moria – Lead: @Patrick_0901| In progress
Report by Didi45

The progress in moria is going fast. Sadly there is not a lot to report at this time. People are still working on the halls they started and claimed, the great stairs to the next layer of Moria have been started. Jesia’s cave is now finished, a build day is being planned on the crossroad cave! furthermore planning west is progressing and more halls are being claimed all around Moria! Good job to all Moria builders!

Moria.png

Osgiliath – Lead: @ooitsbirdo | In progress
Report by Didi45

Osgo is back in business! Ober & Toti are giving out plots for vegetation! The main camp is very close to being finished, so it's only houses left to finish the island. Good job to all Osgo builders! Keep the progress going!

Osgiliath.png

~ Texture Development ~
Report by Eriol

Update our resource packs to mc 1.13
First 1.13 snapshots for all resource packs are available on Discord in channel dev-general. There are still quite a lot of known issues though. Some huge mushroom and double slab blocks have been removed in 1.13 so we need to relocate the textures to other blocks before the world conversion to 1.13.
The custom inventories for Gondor and Moria are updated to 1.13 too.

BWOT: I did Mordor Alpha RP FYI, only said it so many times, like if you haven’t heard already why bother reading further.

RP update status (on hold, in progress, finished):
Lothlorien
Rohan
Gondor 2
(old Gondor will not be updated)
Mordor

Dwarven

~ Plug-in Development ~
Report by Eriol

New Minigames
Planetology is continuing his great work on Minigames plugin. He improved his Golf game and added a PvP game.

Update MCME to mc 1.13
Great progress here, but still a long way to go. Planetology updated Minigames and TheGaffer plugins. I updated Guidebook, AutoTeleport and MCME-Chat plugins. Now I’m working on Animations plugin, which is quite a lot of work as block storing to disc needs to be changed completely.
I also installed most external plugins at the 1.13 testserver. Most of them start without any errors and seem to run fine. But still a lot of testing to do.

Spigot Server:
Spigot development server for 1.13.1 has no known world conversion errors. But it’s still too early to call it save. I copied and converted some places of the MCME map like Rivendell, Edoras, Lothlorien and Minas Tirith to test conversion and found some derps like 30% of all hanging torches (lamps) were broken.o_O

External Plugins:
no information searched yet: :(
no version for 1.13 available yet:
:mad::mad:
1.13 version found but not tested: :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
1.13 version crashes or is bugged: o_Oo_Oo_O
1.13 tested and working fine: :):):):):):):):)

MCME Plugin Status
not yet tested with 1.13 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
1.13 update in progress :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
tested and working fine :):):)

FOR PART 2 OF THE MCME TIMES EDITION: ANNOUNCEMENTS, CLICK HERE:
~The MCME Times~ [23/09/18] Announcements

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Hey guys! As usual, we need donations to keep the server running, so please help out if you can!
https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/donate/community-costs.1/campaign

#NEWS
New MC 1.14 Snapshot:

Minecraft Snapshot 18w48b
New MC 1.14 Snapshot:
Minecraft Snapshot 18w49a
Very Interesting Point:
1.13 RP's work interchangeable 1.14 worlds so the RP's we are developing right now will be able to work with a 1.14 world straight away and old additions will have to be made
Berry Bushes Cool:
Go on Discord to see Preview
Mordor RP:
Make sure to submit your suggestions for interior decoration stuff in the new Morder RP!
Interior decoration models and blocks/textures ideas for the Mordor RP
New MC 1.14 Snapshot:
Minecraft Snapshot 18w50a
People Are Talking About Us:
Minecraft Players Have Been Creating "The Lord Of The Rings" Universe Since 2010 - Greenide
The best Minecraft servers
Mapthor Made a Video:
If you guys haven't seen already @mapthor has completed the series of his Avengers-MCME trailers https://youtu.be/4q5cMew16W4
B]Eriol Gives Us Wise Insight:[/B]
@Builder and @Guide can use our 1.13 testserver. Architect plugin enables you there to edit all blocks with stick in hand.

Mordor RP
Alpha Version Out, look at the thread in Announcements and expect Update soon!

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by Didi45

@Kjolsen : A low blow to everyone… Kj has been a Designer for over two years and has done a lot for the server. We will miss you Kj. Good luck in College, study hard and make us proud! Hope to still see you around and don't be a stranger!
Resignation

@_Luk : Another one bites the dust… Luk has done a lot for the server between all of his different ranks. We will miss you mate! Wish you good luck with your plans and we hope to see you around!
Resignation

@lolbroek : This is not easy for everyone but lastley and for the last resignation of this week (and hopefully for a while) Broek has decided to leave his role as Artist. Even in your small amount of time you did a lot of work for the server and I tip my hat to you and hope you will someday come back. Hope to see you come and drop by every now and then. Good luck onwards Broek!
Resignation

@Mr_Pants2000 : In one blow we lost our favorite twins… I am sorry to say that Pants has also decided on leaving… Pants has done a great amount of work for the server. I will miss you both and I hope to see you guys coming back every now and then to see us and hopefully take back your ranks one day… farewell to my favorite twins... Good luck onwards, and don’t be a stranger!Resignation

@Driffen : Our Artist Driffen has resigned… I didn't know you too well Driffen but we thank you for your time as an artist. Good luck onwards, and don’t be a stranger!Resignation

@thomasd19 : This really could not be any harder for me, our oldest Foreman Thomas has decided that he needs to resign, Thomas has been part of the server for over 6 years, in that time he has done so much for the server and we thank him for that. Thomas will always hold a place as a Foreman and the oldest Foreman in our hearts. We will miss you buddy! Good luck with your near future and we hope to see you stop by every now and then.... Do not be a stranger my lad!Resignation

@Xmine01 : Finally some good news! Xmine01 has shown skill and has been awarded a promotion to the rank of Artist! “Welcome to the party pal!” (Die hard reference…) But seriously welcome to the purple clan! We wish you good luck and hope to see you do some great work around here! Congrats!
Promotion

@Henryengerd : has been demoted due to inactivity. It was great to have you here henry, your books were some of the best, you always wanted to do things your own way, even though it didn’t always work out very well #RipFirstColdlake, and you were the one who convinced me to apply for artist. It’s sad sad to see you leave us Henry and we hope you will return one day! -Jona

~ Interviews ~

Jokes there are none :D

~ Winners of “The Week” ~
So we got some good ones as always. Make sure you show some special recognition towards the winners of the week! They’ve presented exemplary displays of our server’s creative potential! Give a hand to these winners!

MEDIA OF THE WEEK:
So this media was posted a few weeks ago but I think it was more than worthy to get some more attention, great job @Raffyy! It looks amazing and with the lore reference to complete it.

9OcFMfKVFCo0DeWuQVfrpS6X7tjUNyp_vWo6w9Vsbd0hhfB-UeyfTTDj6oFGUZGZmcVuoIoo_lhcovuPwbDaCwed9_asjhdLZXDz0YfQFRPHT19X5Ej9bdOJsZPmyshj3Ww-2zTG

THEME-BUILD OF THE WEEK:
The dunland settlement theme build has been running for a while so we got a few nice theme builds but there was one which stood out from the rest and that one was made by @Ibex02! Congrats Ibex you did an awesome job, you managed to catch the dunland theme really nicely. (and like if you would be interested in applying for the rank of artist you know… feel free to do so… *cough* *cough*)

r__n3c3vwOrqQB-EEpSjon4DB_3ky0j1UNov9rdNbAJ20QZiZ_pd4fMuG_JrwPSgnNZ1ucJVGB5UYG7x59fYHaiQeED4WFNh2plFIEaPmGg0R6l8rmR7nfsPq15pEFktWNxr3imF

~ Lore of the Week ~
Musical Dwarfs:
Dwarfs and music, really? You probably know dwarfs as stout fellows quick with anger and quick with their axes. Of course you know dwarfs to be great craftsmen unsurpassed with tempering of steel (not even by the Noldor). You maybe also know Dwarfs as artisans, true masters of jewelry who made the Nauglamir and placed a Silmaril in its middle. But musicians???
Actually yes! Most dwarfs in Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit are quite musical. Gimli for example sings a long song in the 21st Hall of Moria. Here is just one verse:

Unwearied then were Durin's folk;
Beneath the mountains music woke:
The harpers harped, the minstrels sang,
And at the gates the trumpets rang.

In The Hobbit most dwarfs of Thorin’s company actually brought their instruments with them to Bag End. They had two fiddles, three flutes, a drum, two clarinets, two viols and a harp (only 11 instruments as Oin and Gloin had none). And they were very skilled:
“Thorin struck it the music began all at once, so sudden and sweet that Bilbo forgot everything else, and was swept away into dark lands under strange moons, far over The Water and very far from his hobbit-hole under The Hill.” The Hobbit - An Unexpected Party
They probably lost their instruments when they were caught by the orcs in the Misty mountains. But when they first explored Smaug’s treasure Kili and Fili picked up two of the many harps there and began to play.
Later when they were besieged in Erebor by Elfs and Men they again got harps and other instruments and made music to hearten Thorin in his black mood.
So if you have problems to imaging a stout dwarf with a harp in his hands you’ll probably not be alone. But you’ll better familiarize yourself with that thought.

~ More Media ~

Woop woop. Everyone’s favourite part of the times has returned again! Huzzah! We gotta kick off this with the usual twitter. Be sure to give us a “hello!” at MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . Who knows, Cookies may be involved!

Twitter is not the most popular “social platform”, so for you “yooves” with a trendy Facebook account, try following us there too https://www.facebook.com/mcmeproject/

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Closing Statement ~

Well, that about wraps up everything. If you made it to reading this, than I hope you enjoyed the edition. If you didn’t then become an editor so you can help create it and help us improve.

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT
“Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com​