• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The New MCME Times~[9/22/2019]

Chilly Seasons Approach!

We near the end of September and October weather follows!

OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Soarz
Another two weeks have come and gone, and to say its been hectic would be an understatement. This past week we finally held the Helms Deep Battle for Node, it had an amazing turnout with many new players coming to check it out. A big majority of the credit goes to our beloved @Eriol_Eandur who put in many months of hard work to make this amazing battle possible. And how could we forget about @TotiGonzales who also spend a substantial about of time making the skins we got to wear and see. That is just a brief glimpse of what has been going on, much more has happened and i guess you'll have to read to find out what. So enjoy the last Edition for September as we move into October.

~ Project Progress ~

Anorien - Lead:@Oberanio | In Progress

Report by Soars
The past few weeks have been slow but farms and vegetation are being added to this region

anorien.png

Misty Mountains – Lead:@Finrod_Amandil , @barteldvn | In Progress

Report by NicovicTheSixth
As the school year has begun, there has been slow in progress, same for misties, however these will still continue, until they are finished!

misty_mountains.png

Lond Daer – Lead: @Ivan1pl | In Progress

The resource pack and styles are being developed as we speak, however since both are not yet done we can’t see much progress at the moment, but be prepared!

lond_daer.png

Moria – Lead: @barteldvn | In progress

Dead can be buried, as the tomb cave is being worked on, currently we are making the tomb cave great again. Furthermore there are connections being built left and right, and the current themed build might help you in moria style as it is Durin’s Tomb! (start now, and you might see some of your ideas used in the future)

moria.png

Osgiliath – Lead: @ooitsbirdo | In progress

Report by _Lord_Of_Squids_
Builders are resuming work on the city and much progress has been completed! Section 3 is on the brink of completion and Section 4 is starting to gain speed. Trees are being added left and right and that finished block is popping up above more and more houses. Furthermore, work on the Dome of the Stars has started.

osgiliath.png

~ Texture Development ~

Report by Eriol

Update our resource packs to mc 1.13

RP update status (on hold, in progress, finished):

Lothlorien

Rohan

Gondor 2 (old Gondor will not be updated)

Mordor

Dwarven

~ Plug-in Development ~

Report by Eriol

Update MCME to mc 1.13
All plugins should be ok for 1.13, but there are quite a lot of problems with the world conversion. Well, that's what you should expect if you turn upside down all game mechanics :p
We still have to do investigate exactly which blocks are affected and then plan a workaround.

MCME Bungee Network
To reduce lag in situations with many players online we decided to split the buildserver into several servers with one world per server. A BungeeCord proxy will connect the servers. We are currently working on setting up everything and make sure (if possible) that you will not notice any difference (except of no lag any more).

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor

Hey guys! As usual, we need donations to keep the server running, so please help out if you can!

Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs

#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS

The Moria Mines Contest: Winners

Team Monkeyboyz: with @ooitsbirdo and @sierraleone_

~ Rank Updates ~

Report by Soars

Jonatanknalle: This man has done a lot for this community, we hate to see you leave your lovely pink color. But all good people will leave as time goes on and you will be missed, hope to see you back in action in the later days.
Resignation

LeBlancGandalf: It’s always good to increase the size of our community, especially with easy going people. I look forward to seeing what great things you will make and the memories you will create.
Promotion

~ Interviews ~

Regular Interview
Interview with gRodanE02 [/COLOR]

Question 1. How did you find MCME?

I have for a long time been a fan of both Tolkien and Minecraft. But, the thought that people would build stuff from LotR in Minecraft didn’t enter my mind at all. I only found this server when a friend suggested I should check it out. He was right, this server is amazing

Question 2. What was your experience like as an Adventurer?

Quite pleasant actually. People were nice and welcoming. I had no reason to feel out of place or unwanted.

Question 3. What made you want to become a Artist?

Becoming Artist wasn’t a goal from the beginning. At first, especially when I was still an Adventurer, I just wanted to explore, build on the theme-builds and take part in some jobs. I only started thinking of applying for Artist when people told me i was good at building enough times for me to finally throw together an application.

Question 4. What is your favourite thing about being a Artist?

The feeling when you’re actually building something for the never ending project that is MCME. I have recently been building on my first project as an Artist, and I just love the feeling that I’m contributing with an actual build on the server.

Question 5. What is your favourite place on MCME?

These questions are way too though. My favourite place on MCME is MCME! Though if I have to choose I would say Gondor is my favourite part. especially the cities like Dol Amroth and Pelargir.

Question 6. Who is your favourite character from Tolkien's legendarium?

Fastitocalon, the last of the mighty Turtle-fish! No, I’m just kidding. If I would choose a favourite character and perhaps not choose the real hero of LotR (i.e Sam), then I would say Cirdan is a good candidate. He stays in beleriand to search for his friend Thingol when all he really wants is to sail to Valinor. He is given Narya, one of the most powerful rings ever, but eventually gives it to Gandalf to help him save the world. He survives all the ages and is the last and oldest elf to sail into the west. Plus, he is one of the only elves to grow a beard. Really cool dude.

Interviewer: wazowskithewhite

~ Winners of “The Week” ~

So we got some good ones as always. Make sure you show some special recognition towards the winners of the week! They’ve presented exemplary displays of our server’s creative potential! Give a hand to these winners!

MEDIA WINNERS:

The supply of screenshots has slightly stagnated this foregoing fortnight. That is okay though, since there were still a number of high quality shots - partly by our regulars (shout-out to Lord of Squids, Xmine and Mithrilled) and partly by aspiring new photographers (namely Basjfisk and fresa1). As always, apologies in case I missed out members who deserve recognition as well.

THEME-BUILD WINNERS:

We had some great candidates this week, and I had a hard (and fun) time choosing the winners, especially with the Ship theme. That being said, give a round of applause to this week's winners: Arothir_Feanaro and BananaDaGuerra!

~ Lore of the Week ~

The End:

We fast forward many, many ages ahead to the end of times. After the War of Wrath, the Last Alliance, The War of the Ring. After the Age of Men. The Second Prophecy of Mandos. The End. Dagor Dagorath. In Morgoth’s defeat after the War of Wrath, he was imprisoned in the Timeless Void, doomed to roam nothingness for eternity. However, at the beginning of Dagor Dagorath, he destroys the Door of Night. As Arda’s greatest foe enters, he once again destroys the sources of light, the Sun and Moon. As this happens, in the fields of Valinor, the Last Battle will start.

On one dark and terrible side, there will be Orcs, trolls, dragons, Balrogs, even Sauron will be resurrected by Morgoth. The other side will also be monstrous and amazing. Men, Dwarves, Ents, Hobbits, and any other good beings will all be on the side of light. During the Battle, Tulkas (one of the Valar), will descend upon the battle. On his right will be Eönwë and on his left Túrambar. Once again, Tulkas will wrestle with Morgoth. At some point, Túrin will drive his black sword straight into Morgoth’s heart, ending the Black Foe of the World.

The prophecy doesn’t end with the slaying of Morgoth however. After the Battle of Battles, Arda will be broken and remade. The Silmarils will be recovered out of the Air, Earth, and Sea. Fëanor, surrendering them willingly, gives them to Yavanna. She then will rekindle the Two Trees and the Valar level the mountains of Valinor, so that the light can be seen throughout the world. With this new light, the Elves will awaken with their powers and connection to Arda renewed.

After all of this, every living being will help sing the Second Music of the Ainur. Not much is known of what will happen during this and after. However, the Ainur know that it will be greater and more beautiful than the First Song of the Ainur. The Dwarves also believe that they will help Mahal, a Vala, remake a new Arda. After this, the world will enter a beautiful and prosperous age without any of the evil and darkness of Morgoth.

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question:{Question}

Following on from last week, Just before Frodo is stabbed by the Witch King's blade, he invokes the name of Elbereth Gilthoniel. By which Quenya name is Elbereth better known as in the Silmarillion?

Question: {Question}

Frodo was injured on the shoulder during the War of the Ring. Who caused the injury and how?

Correct Answer: {Answer}

The Witch King of Angmar stabbed Frodo on the top of Amon Sûl with a Morgul Blade

Well done to @Jonatanknalle for correctly answering the question first!

~ More Media ~

Woop woop. Everyone’s favourite part of the times has returned again! Huzzah! We gotta kick off this with the usual twitter. Be sure to give us a “hello!” at MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . Who knows, Cookies may be involved!

Twitter is not the most popular “social platform”, so for you “yooves” with a trendy Facebook account, try following us there too [URL]https://www.facebook.com/mcmeproject/[/URL]

However, we also have an Instagram! Be sure to give us some hearts and maybe a follow over there!

[URL]https://instagram.com/mcmiddleearth?igshid=d5yr8ateougr[/URL] (It is the better social media platform after all)

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

(What do you mean Snapchat is more popular than Planet Minecraft of course it isn’t)[/I][/COLOR]

~ Advertisements ~
Artist

Ahh yes. We all know the question. “How can I build?", As well as the responses “You can try a theme build” and “You can take part in jobs." The other answer is “Apply for Artist”, and the last option is by far the most exciting. Being able to build in your favourite places all the time. Sounds awesome. We can never have enough Artists, and with a wide range of current projects, there’s plenty for you to do!
Are you inspired to join MCME’s main build rank? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Assistants, Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide

Or perhaps, you’re not a builder. Well. That’s not a problem! Becoming A guide is obviously the better option anyway. As a Guide, you’re the forefront of MCME, and there’s no greater feeling than when someone says your tour was awesome. You don’t actually have to be a lore nerd either, you’ll pick up on lots really quickly.
When you join the Guides, you’ll be giving tours, running minigames and testing players in lore quizzes, or if you prefer less “on the spot” stuff, Guidebooks are obviously your zen, or helping to tell MCME about MCME by writing up articles in the times. You’ll also plan help plan events such as The Summer Events and The Anniversary Events. We hope you join us soon, because us Guides really would love some more of us. What’re you waiting for?
Just click Guide and apply today!

~ Closing Statement ~

And another edition, done! We're now so close to October, and so close to MCME's 9 year anniversary! Maybe we'll celebrate it somehow… stay tuned!

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT

“A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a shortcut to meet it”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times

mcmiddleearth.com

Attachments

• anorien.png
    anorien.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 300
  • misty_mountains.png
    misty_mountains.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 273
  • lond_daer.png
    lond_daer.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 299
  • moria.png
    moria.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 312
  • osgiliath.png
    osgiliath.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 313
  • moria.png
    moria.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Great edition of the Times as always but I'm curious, did you remove the new player interview to save article space? Because with all these new players coming in finding someone who's willing to give an interview oughtn't be so hard and I kinda liked to hear what all the new people think of the server so we may learn what people like and what we could do better.

Great edition of the Times as always but I'm curious, did you remove the new player interview to save article space? Because with all these new players coming in finding someone who's willing to give an interview oughtn't be so hard and I kinda liked to hear what all the new people think of the server so we may learn what people like and what we could do better.
We're working on that;)