Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.Dismiss Notice
To get started, visit The New Player Guide
Terms of Service and Rules
Terms of Service and Rules
The following rules are to be followed when using the chat, forums, voicechat and other communication methods:
- Promoting or discussing religious or political views is prohibited.
- Spamming or flooding chat is prohibited. Asking the same question over again, when it clearly can be found by using the Search function on our website, or by reading our New Player Guide.
- Playing music on voicechat in the wrong channel is prohibited.
- Excessive and unsolicited use of sound or music on voicechatis prohibited.
- Posting links in the game or on the forums with adult or shocking content is forbidden (gore, pornography ...).
- Creating accounts in name of MCME to use on other forums, Facebook accounts, other social platforms, Minecraft server listings, or creating accounts that act as if they are affiliated to Minecraft Middle Earth, or registering on other services, is prohibited. Unless you have a written permission from the founder, that permission - as well as the person who receives the permission - must be posted to the public on the website.
- Attempts to impersonate yourself as a staff member or spokesman of MCME, or as an official representative talking solely on the behalf of MCME is prohibited.
- Distributing the voicechat password is not allowed.
- English must be used on all public communication channels. Other languages can be used in private messages or private conversations.
The following rules should be followed when using our servers:
- Attemps to harmfully destroy the terrain, the world, project sites, landmarks, ... is prohibited.
- Modifications to the world are only permitted by granting you explicit permission. This is usually done by removing the building protection in a certain area, done by either a plugin or a Staff member.
- Useage of third party mods that can cause negative effects on server performance are not allowed, such as:
- a. Modifications that allow users to fly. (Flymods)
- b. Modifications that allow users to move faster than normal. (Speedhacks)
- c. Modifications that allow access to methods to ruin our world. (Hacks or Nukers)
- MCME's Community Servers are off limits during jobs and projects.
- Helping oathbreakers by leading them to their destinations, giving them directions, by placing blocks in an effort to help, or trying to help them through other means, is prohibited.
Along with the social rules, the following additional rules should be followed when using the forums:
- The name you use on our forums should be your in-game Minecraft name. This is the name that other people will see when you are on a server.
- Advertising other servers, communities, goods or services are not allowed.
Along with the social rules, these rules are applied specifically for Freebuild:
- Do not alter another player's creations in any way without the owner's consent.
- Unless granted permission by the player, do not build within 50 blocks of another player's creation, or the world's spawn. Builds within 50 blocks are subject to deletion or being moved.
The following rules and/or directives are always in use.
- Downloading the world map, or portions of it, is not allowed.
- Spreading our resource packs without the right Creative Commons License is not allowed. See the license at section Texture and Resourcepacks of the Terms of Service.
- Using or encouraging others to use our Network for any illegal purpose is not allowed.
- Impersonating any members in the game or on any other web site is not allowed.
- Make unsolicited or inappropriate offers, advertisements or proposals for goods, services or commercial activities in our game, website, directly or indirectly to members is not allowed.
- Interfering with any security-related features of the Network is not allowed.
- Interfering with our communications is not allowed (manipulation or intercepting of packets, overloading servers with requests, ...)
- Harassment, bullying, intimidation or abuse will not be tolerated.
- Releasing or distributing server access information or account information is not allowed.
- Do not try to influence the commoner application process by asking for votes.
Terms of Service
“Staff” are defined as the users currently ranked as Head Designer, Head Enforcer, Designer and Enforcer.
“Administrator” is defined as the head of the online entity, q220.
"Head Designer" is defined as the person in charge of Designers, Finrod_Amandil.
"Head Enforcer" is defined as the person in charge of Enforcers and Guides, DynoDaring64.
“Network” is defined as the collection of Minecraft servers, voicechat servers, websites, and other services supplied to you by Minecraft Middle Earth.
“Content” includes, but is not limited to:
- Player data files (inventories, container content, permissions, perks, ...)
- Player Builds
- Code contributions
- Articles written
- Graphical contributions (screenshots, videos, textures, ...)
- Sound contributions (sound files, music, ...)
By using any of the services supplied by our Network, you agree to be bound by this Terms of Service, and that you agree with the Rules.
You agree to hold harmless Minecraft Middle-Earth and its Staff, their heirs, legal representatives, and assigns, and all other persons acting under Minecraft Middle-Earth's or Staff's authority or those for whom they are acting, from any liability resulting from your usage of the Network.
Minecraft Middle Earth is not affiliated with Mojang AB, Microsoft, The Tolkien Estate or Middle Earth Enterprises.
We are a non-profit, unregistered online entity of enthousiastic fans with no source of revenue except for donations and a few financial backers, who all chose to voluntarly help Minecraft Middle-Earth with no expectations of having something in return.
Revisions to this Terms of Service and/or Rules.
Minecraft Middle Earth reserves the right to update and change this Terms of Service and Rules without notice. Depending on the degree of the Violation of the terms, this can result in the termination of your account. While Minecraft Middle Earth prohibits illegal activity and uses measures towards prohibiting illegal activity, you understand and agree that we cannot be responsible for the Content and actions of our members.
All content as defined above may be retained, removed, or relocated at the discretion of the Administrator. By submitting content to our Network, or by submitting content to staff or server email accounts or other contact media, or by creating content on our Network, you grant Minecraft Middle-Earth perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, rights to use, copy, modify, adapt, distribute, prepare derivative works of, perform, or publicly display that content.
Texture and Resourcepacks
The Texture and Resourcepacks and all of our content that we make available to the public fall under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Minecraft Middle Earth by Minecraft Middle Earth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.mcmiddleearth.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.mcmiddleearth.com/help/terms.
By donating you agree to these Terms of Service. Access to the Network is completely free of any charge. As such, donations are fully optional and not required to join and experience our community. Minecraft Middle Earth does not generate revenue, and is not a commercial entity.
By donating you are not entitled to any physical or virtual good. A donation is not a purchase. As defined, a donation is an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant or contribution with no expectation of anything in return.
A refund of your donation will not be made under any circumstances. You agree to not buy back, stop credit, or force charge-back on donations. If you are banned or your access gets restricted because you violated this Terms of Service and Rules, you will not be entitled to a refund.
In extreme rare cases, such as billed multiple times due to technical or human errors, you are entitled to a refund. Please contact the Administrator for this by using the Contact Us page.
Punishments and Suspension of Access
Players found violating the Terms of Service may find their accounts or IP addresses restricted from any server or service within the Network. In addition, MCME retains the right to kick you, ban you, enact restrictive measures or block your access to the Network without explanation or warning. In the case a user is banned, players may request to appeal their ban at the dedicated section on our forums. However, appeals are a courtesy, the Head Enforcer retains the right to revoke any request for a ban appeal.
Please use common sense when joining our community. This document might list things that you might not do, but that does not mean you can do all the things that are not allowed. Behaviour that won't be tollerated in the real world, will not be tollerated here either. Our Staff can retain the right to temporarly ban you or kick you if you if you misbehave or ignore their instructions.
Additional Terms for Staff members
All staff are bound to the following additional terms. Staff are to promote a safe, fun, and friendly environment within the MCME Network. A Staff position equals contributing to the project in a voluntary way, and doesn't entitle you to special treatment or payment. Staff are also bound to these Terms of Service and Rules at all times. Certain Staff ranks have their own set of procedures and documentation to follow, which are described in a Rank Manual. They will follow these instructions described by the official manuals provided for them. The Head Designer is in charge for the rank manual for Designer. The Head Enforcer is in charge for the Enforcer Manual.
Any staff members that are unable or unwilling to fulfill their duties and responsibilities are subject to the loss of their rank. Administrators retain the right to revoke a user’s rank without warning.