1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

Age of Empires II & III

Discussion in 'Games' started by JordD04, Apr 25, 2014.

1. JordD04

JordD04 One of Us
    Donor

Allo chaps,
    Some of you may have noticed a small number of us playing Age of Empires, a large number of us have been playing AoE II HD over the past few days and a few of us have recently picked up AoE III.

Age of Empires is an RTS across several different "Ages", Age of Empires I being Ancient Times (Egypt, Rome, Babylon etc...), Age of Empires II is set in Medieval times (English, Franks, Goths, Vikings etc...) and Age of Empires III is Colonial (Britain, France, Germany Ottomans etc...).

The game has 4 resources; Gold, Wood, Stone and Food which can be collected by your villagers.
    These resources are then used to construct buildings and build military units. As you play the game, you advance to new ages which unlocks new technologies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You can buy Age of Empires II HD and Age of Empires III on Steam.

Warning, you need to Port Forward to play Mutiplayer on AoEIII, it's a little buggy as it's not been updated for modern systems, atleast the disk version hasn't.

#1 JordD04, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    vShen likes this.
  2. nOBLER360

nOBLER360 Aspiring Commoner
    Donor

Why not try AoE:Online? - Definitely the same thing...

3. JordD04

JordD04 One of Us
    Donor

*Shivers*

4. wikey1236

wikey1236 Yellow flower puncher

I shall play more when I've done all this goddamn work.

5. Tyranystrasz

Tyranystrasz Designer
    Staff Member Designer

i play on aoe2 hd

6. yodog_117

yodog_117 Yellow flower puncher
    Donor

We have started playing this again. I am always available for a game if anyone wants to play.

Tyranystrasz likes this.
  7. JordD04

JordD04 One of Us
    Donor

Great Age of Empires deal on steam right now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/105450/
    The AoEIII Complete Collection is going at £30 but you can pay £30 for the Legacy bundle and get the Complete Collection and AoE II for the same price.

8. thebuilderflow

thebuilderflow Aspiring Commoner

Man, aoe games, legend. People usually say aoe 2 was better, but for me thats aoe 3. The feels

9. FireFuss

FireFuss Dirt Conaisseur
    Foreman Donor

I used to make my own siege games where I build one huge castle in the center of a large map and put thousands of soldiers in there with one king. Then I'd set timers out at waypoints that would spawn the max amount of enemy troops.

Then I'd see how long I could last. The end game was set when my king dies. Sometimes I'd give my king a couple of Knights that had and insane custom health and attack levels, and I'd take him out as a last effort when I was staring to lose it.

Dang that was fun. Got the disc somewhere still I think

Lady_of_Rohan likes this.