Andrast

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
  • This weekend 20-21 April the website will be unavailable for a few hours for a scheduled upgrade and maintenance. Estimated time that the site will be unavailable will be around 3 hours.

• This community does not generate revenue and relies on its members and financial contributors to keep it running.

For a complete month, we would need around 235 USD for a break-even situation.

Read more...

Tyranystrasz

Manual Treebuilder
Mar 1, 2014
Italy
Languages
Italian English Norwegian(basic)
Andrast

Project Leader

Tyranystrasz

Project Staff

Mandos

Introduction

Lore
Andrast is the western area of Gondor and in this region there's the last mountain of the White Mountains known as Ras Morthil, the only way to continue west is reaching and surpassing Ras Morthil. Gondor left this areas to his own destiny; we know about Druedain lives in the North-West Area. Andrast is a scattered woodlands.
Server lore readaption
The East and South Andrast are still populated by the descent of Gondorian people. They are mostly fishermans, breeders and farmers but they still defend the Ras Morthil and the coast from Druedain raidings. This people is semi-indipendent from Gondor. There are two notable settlements both built on old Gondor's settlements, the "gondorians" still have a tower allert system on the shores for prevent druedain raidings (The idea is taken by mediterranean defensive system against Saracens raidings). The Druedains lives in the Western areas and they live in wooden villages and they are mostly fishermans and breeders, they use to raid the gondorians using fast small ships (like norseman raidings).

uc2Sjx9.png

3TnbZrI.png

List of works
  1. Southern area: 55% done, Adventurer jobs soon.
  2. Eastern area: On Hold
  3. Western area: On Hold
  4. Mountains: just started 1% done
  5. Settlements/Buldings/Roads: 1 village is nearly done and 1 lighthouses too, major settlement under planning, Artist jobs soon

Last edited:

Mandos

Dirt Conaisseur
Apr 1, 2014
America
Also I have planned out a large section of the roads and bridges and towers in the region. If any artists want to help white wool cirlces are towers and yellow is bridges. Examples for the towers is at /warp andotemp.

Ma5terMinD

Slab Fanatic
Donor
Mar 2, 2014
The bridge is. The flying wool markers show that the area (including roads) is still being worked on.

Glov

One Of Us
Donor
Mar 1, 2014
@Bombur8 If you feel the need to include 3 or 4 large pictures in everything you post, could you at least use spoilers?

Mandos

Dirt Conaisseur
Apr 1, 2014
America
I have a village that needs finished in the western region of Andrast. Any artist want to finish it.

Portalrules333

Dirt Conaisseur
Apr 9, 2014
Canada
I have a suggestion for this project, although you might have thought about it already.

I was thinking that near the end of Andrast, or somewhere nearby where a lot of sea rocks are, there could be a shipwreck, kinda like the one to the south, only at least partially underwater. Considering how much boat traffic it seems there will be in the area, I think it makes sense.

DSESGH

Manual Treebuilder
Mar 2, 2014
I have a suggestion for this project, although you might have thought about it already.

I was thinking that near the end of Andrast, or somewhere nearby where a lot of sea rocks are, there could be a shipwreck, kinda like the one to the south, only at least partially underwater. Considering how much boat traffic it seems there will be in the area, I think it makes sense.
Why would there be a lot of boat traffic? In the days of Arnor, there may have been a lot of shipping vessels going between Lond Daer, Dol Amroth, and Pelargir, but those wrecks would have been long gone by our server's time period.

Portalrules333

Dirt Conaisseur
Apr 9, 2014
Canada
Why would there be a lot of boat traffic? In the days of Arnor, there may have been a lot of shipping vessels going between Lond Daer, Dol Amroth, and Pelargir, but those wrecks would have been long gone by our server's time period.
I would think that there are enough boats that have been placed at the new villages for one at least to have been caught in a storm, pulled towards a rock, and....you get the picture. The boat traffic wasn't my main point anyways. (Keep in mind weather reporting systems didn't exist)

DSESGH

Manual Treebuilder
Mar 2, 2014
I would think that there are enough boats that have been placed at the new villages for one at least to have been caught in a storm, pulled towards a rock, and....you get the picture. The boat traffic wasn't my main point anyways. (Keep in mind weather reporting systems didn't exist)
That's true, but I would think that if a storm was brewing, the fishermen would come safely back to shore before it actually began. I suppose you could have one or two shipwrecks though, for the really risky fishermen:p

Tyranystrasz

Manual Treebuilder
Mar 1, 2014
Italy
Languages
@Bombur8 the bridge was in origin on the ford but then i moved a bit north, so what you do see is the old road, but i already marked with brown wool a road that leads to the bridge

Tyranystrasz

Manual Treebuilder
Mar 1, 2014
Italy
Languages
@Portalrules333 in the place for the shipwrecks that i think you thought the small islands in the western area, they will have a lighthouse. But speaking about shipwrecks i think that we can do some druedain boats assaaulting some merchant boats that were going to the grey havens

Portalrules333

Dirt Conaisseur
Apr 9, 2014
Canada
@Portalrules333 in the place for the shipwrecks that i think you thought the small islands in the western area, they will have a lighthouse. But speaking about shipwrecks i think that we can do some druedain boats assaaulting some merchant boats that were going to the grey havens
Yes, that is exactly the area that I was thinking of. :)

Mandos

Dirt Conaisseur
Apr 1, 2014
America
ARTISTS: Andrast needs you. At the moment there are two villages that need some artist work. Also many towers will need building. Two villages are in progress and 3 more will be built. We need your help building. Andrast has a unique system of warning towers, just look for white wool circles and there needs to be a tower. Andrast is big and we need your help. The villages could also use your help. Contact me if you would like to help some more on Andrast.

Toey_

Yellow Flower Puncher
Jan 2, 2015
Canada, ON
ARTISTS: Andrast needs you. At the moment there are two villages that need some artist work. Also many towers will need building. Two villages are in progress and 3 more will be built. We need your help building. Andrast has a unique system of warning towers, just look for white wool circles and there needs to be a tower. Andrast is big and we need your help. The villages could also use your help. Contact me if you would like to help some more on Andrast.
If i get artist back, ucan count on my to help! :)

ProjectXMark1

Yellow Flower Puncher
Mar 3, 2014
Question: why is there a fortified pass in the White Mountains (Fennas Forven) if the only way further west was around Ras Morthil?