1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

Banished

Discussion in 'Games' started by iDwarf, Mar 4, 2014.

1. iDwarf

iDwarf Aspiring Commoner

[​IMG]
    Banished is a survival city-builder game currently on steam. Post village screenshots and discuss the game down below.​

2. Wollip666

Wollip666 Yellow flower puncher

Winter is the worst thing ever.

3. Wodleth

Wodleth Designer
    Staff Member Designer Donor

I bought it on the humble store, 4 Euro cheaper than steam :p

4. iDwarf

iDwarf Aspiring Commoner

I get through winter easily, I just feel like it's the longest season. In my current game I'm around year 7 and don't have a farm yet. That's probably a good thing, though. Some of my winters have started in the middle of autumn and go to early spring. Trying to figure out how the market works. Every time I've used one it's destroyed my food supply.

5. Wodleth

Wodleth Designer

I always use markets, easier for the workers to get their supplies. The food question, I have 2 gatherer huts working fully with 4 people each, I'm up to almost 4k food with less than 30 people around year 8. The market works fine, as long as you have a steady food supply, the reason the food run out when you get a market is that the people don't have to walk as far to get food, so they get food faster and they get happier

6. Wodleth

Wodleth Designer

Well crap, im on year 12 now and all my people are too old to get kids and they all die of old age :l
    [​IMG]

djax74 likes this.
  7. iDwarf

iDwarf Aspiring Commoner

I've had 33 people by year four and then decided to put a market in. I had two gathering huts at the same time but it made my food supply almost stop completely. Maybe I'm just not using it right.

8. Wollip666

I have about 70 people, and my food never goes under 10000. But, this was after like 4 tries trying to get it right. Food is the most important thing to get first, screw everything else. Im at like year 18 too

9. iDwarf

iDwarf Aspiring Commoner

I saw a guy who was on year 118 on the steam forums with 1000+ people. I get angry at how I place things early on and frequently restart.

Wollip666 likes this.
  10. Wollip666

11. Wollip666

Year 25 with 120 people, i had to build slums so everyone could have a house D: So many farms too