Belfalas

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Eaglz24

Manual Treebuilder
Dec 24, 2014
To eag: Thijs meant there's more flaw to that job we did than just the wrong thing in patches; seems like it was planned that this area would be forested instead... So before you post a detailed job description sort this out please.
Well that is news to me, nobody told me about forest down there. If it's going to be forested, then the current ground vegetation needs to be completely erased and redone.

Once again, poor communication - i'll drop a PM to the team to see what's really going on and what the ideas have (changed?) to, will make the job description after that.

Eriol_Eandur

Head Developer
Staff member
Head Developer
Designer
Developer
Donor
Media Team
Sep 19, 2014
Germany
Languages
German (native), English
Great progress in northern Belfalas.

At the terrain plotbuild lead by @Daddlio some very nice smooth terrain was created. Thanks to all who helped.

Daddlio

Manual Treebuilder
Apr 21, 2014
Germany
Languages
German, English, Music
Plenty of new beautifully smoothed terrain was done the past couple of weeks.
So I could start the first job there now. Thx to everyone that helped

Dalmana, @SmaugJuice and @blueblob321123 helped too! ... (also featureing a bird(o)-cage ind the backround)

River with actual water (thx to Darki)

Daddlio

Manual Treebuilder
Apr 21, 2014
Germany
Languages
German, English, Music
Over the past few weeks there was plenty of progress in Northeast Belfalas (near Linhir) terrain-wise.

Besides the terrainsmoothing plotbuild (that still makes steady progress) I hosted a couple of jobs for some streams in the area.

only detailing of riversides missing, which will happen soon-ish

Additionaly we can now officialy call Belfalas reconnected to the rest of ME, since we built the road in a job today! :D

oh ye... and dont mind me beeing a unicorn

THX to everyone who helped!!! (i dont even dare to try to list u all, i would forget too much anyways!) ;)

P.S.: Theres always some terrain that waits for ur smoothing, just hit me (or eriol) up to get a plot!

Eriol_Eandur

Head Developer
Staff member
Head Developer
Designer
Developer
Donor
Media Team
Sep 19, 2014
Germany
Languages
German (native), English
Last week terrain progress in Belfalas was great. I was ill and thus had some time to voxel, @Daddlio found some time too and some other people helped too. I think most plots were smoothed by @barteldvn and @Merlinc01. Great job and thanks a lot :)

Merluin

Foreman
Foreman
Jul 23, 2017
Belgium
Languages
Dutch, French and English
Last week terrain progress in Belfalas was great. I was ill and thus had some time to voxel, @Daddlio found some time too and some other people helped too. I think most plots were smoothed by @barteldvn and @Merlinc01. Great job and thanks a lot :)
Np Eriol, it was good fun, and finaly I had somethin to do whilst those lazy foremen aren't on :D

Eriol_Eandur

Head Developer
Staff member
Head Developer
Designer
Developer
Donor
Media Team
Sep 19, 2014
Germany
Languages
German (native), English
Again great terrain progress in Dor-en-Ernil (eastern Belfalas). Only a tiny bit of sand left south of Ironmere. I think this valley is my favourite of all Belfalas terrain. Thanks to @Daddlio, @Merlinc01, @barteldvn, @slaMoria and anyone else I might have forgotten.

Eriol_Eandur

Head Developer
Staff member
Head Developer
Designer
Developer
Donor
Media Team
Sep 19, 2014
Germany
Languages
German (native), English
Belfalas Riverbeds Plotbuild
There are a lot of small streams in north-west Belfalas wich need materials added. If you want to help do /warp riverbed and make sure to read all signs before you claim a plot.

ryttyr

Dirt Conaisseur
Apr 22, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
Languages
English and Swedish
Belfalas Riverbeds Plotbuild
There are a lot of small streams in north-west Belfalas wich need materials added. If you want to help do /warp riverbed and make sure to read all signs before you claim a plot.
Huh. So we are doing rivers as plots now? Why non as jobs as usual?

Eriol_Eandur

Head Developer
Staff member
Head Developer
Designer
Developer
Donor
Media Team
Sep 19, 2014
Germany
Languages
German (native), English
We have made some very nice progress with terrain north of Ironmere and near Greymane Castle, special thanks to @DarkTempliers66. It seems he's smoothing without any breaks.

Eriol_Eandur

Head Developer
Staff member
Head Developer
Designer
Developer
Donor
Media Team
Sep 19, 2014
Germany
Languages
German (native), English
Cliff Fixing Plotbuild

I could need some help with materials at some Cliffs. There are three steps to do, all include replacing blocks only. Terrain shape should not be changed.

Grass blocks which are exposed at three or more sided should be replaced with stone.
There should be more grass than stone, but stone at the more exposed places
If you want to help just ask me or @barteldvn for a plot.

Last edited:

Eriol_Eandur

Head Developer
Staff member
Head Developer
Designer
Developer
Donor
Media Team
Sep 19, 2014
Germany
Languages
German (native), English
Belfalas Fields
@Foreman Jobs​

Belfalas is a part of Gondor with a high population. These people need something to eat. So let's make a lot of farm fields.
I layed out many fields and paths between Methrast and Coaldael and also south of Silverbay.
Legend (wool colors):
green
Paved main road from Methrast to Dol Amroth. Needs to be straightened and shaped more carefully and also widened to 4 blocks.
orange
Unpaved paths, three blocks wide. Use dirt, terracotta, stone bricks, and gravel. Use stone brick slabs for ascending/descending. Ascending steps should be at least 2 blocks wide as seen in the picture. Paths should be quite straight.
purple
Cobblestone walls, 1 to 1 1/2 blocks high, seen from higher side of terrain, use many slabs and stairs, also use mossy stone bricks and a few diamond ore (only at wall bottom). Between paths and walls should be one block of grass. Walls should be quite straight and angular.
Make sure they go down into the ground one block if a crops, vegetable or fallow field is next to it. Some walls may be covered with leaves.
pink
hedges, 2 blocks wide and 2 blocks high. Don't place leaves too compact. Most leaves should be connected diagonally only.
yellow discs
Spring planted fields , divided into narrow stripes for individual farmers. Many of them should be half harvested.
dark aqua discs
Vegetable fields, divided into narrow stripes for individual farmers.
brown discs
fallow fields. Some sparse vegetation here
green discs
Pastures. Long grass and flowers here.

EDIT:
Don't work on the fields. We need to discuss this first

Last edited: