better seas?

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

blocks119

Yellow Flower Puncher
Dec 28, 2015
Languages
english and a bit of german and french
just an idea but why not add areas of plants to the oceans like leaves and other plant like full blocks, you could
even retexture something to look like corral

i only say this as i was exploring and just being amazed at what this server comunity has accoumplished then i entered the ocean and.....
nothing

also may i build a shipwreck somewhere please, i just feel like a shipwreck

-blocks119 artist

greglas2

Hardcore MCME-er
Jul 12, 2014
'Murica (Philly)
Languages
English (native)
I completely agree that our oceans have far too little detail, and I think eventually we should add in more ocean textures.
But to be honest at the moment there isn't much of a reason to go out into the ocean anyway.
I think it's a good idea to add more detail to the coasts in more visited areas, but to detail the whole ocean would be an enormous task.

blocks119

Yellow Flower Puncher
Dec 28, 2015
Languages
how about just the 100-200 blocks of shore as we work through the map

Portalrules333

Hardcore MCME-er
Apr 9, 2014
Canada
I completely agree that our oceans have far too little detail, and I think eventually we should add in more ocean textures.
But to be honest at the moment there isn't much of a reason to go out into the ocean anyway.
I think it's a good idea to add more detail to the coasts in more visited areas, but to detail the whole ocean would be an enormous task.
Yeah, I'm not sure where we could find a reference for that.....after all, Hobbits can't swim!

Tyranystrasz

Designer
Staff member
Designer
Mar 1, 2014
Italy
Languages
Italian English Norwegian(basic)
Shore problem:
Water level is 12 blocks deep only
Can we change that?:
No we can't.
So i don't think you can do a lot with that water level

blocks119

Yellow Flower Puncher
Dec 28, 2015
Languages
you can still place plants eg leaf blocks at the bottom

Finrod_Amandil

hon. Head Designer
Mar 2, 2014
Switzerland
www.elbisch.ch
Languages
German (native), English, French
That oceans dont look nice yet and that this is something we need to fix at some point. But this is, as said, an enormous task that shall be taken care of another day.