1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

Bioshock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games' started by Daddlio, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Daddlio

Daddlio Dirt Conaisseur
    Foreman Donor

WARNING: Possible Spoilers!

As most of you might like good storys (LoTR anyone? :p) i thougt, that some of you might also have played Bioshock Infinite, which has a great story i think.

How do you think about the story of the main game, and/or the twist at the end of the DLC that connects to the first game?

I'm very interessted in your opinions, as i totaly accepted the main games explanation, but didn't get the DLC twist to function in my view on this whole multi-world-thing-construct... ;)

2. Fireinferno13

Fireinferno13 One of Us
    Donor

Well the DLC just emphasized the facts that the two separate worlds had cross-talk hence they grew to be similar. this goes along with the theme of Constants and Variables as constants were introduced across two different (variable) worlds. Plus the DLC really tied the two plots together in that in order for Elizabeth to get justice, she had to sacrifice herself for the sake of the little sisters that survived behind one of her doors. I thought it was well done and really played into the idea that you could be any type of character you wanted in the original bioshock series (which reflects all the different doors).

Either way Bioshock may be the greatest series of all time sooooo

3. Condor_HW

Condor_HW Aspiring Commoner

To be honest I din't quite like the story nor the game play, didn't even finish the game and I didn't played any of the dlc. It's a good game any way, but it disapointed me.
    They did great job on the artistic part, I give them that.

Now I think of it, maybe I should finish the game...

4. Fireinferno13

Fireinferno13 One of Us
    Donor

I dont think you can say you didnt like the game if you never completed it. If you play through slowly and try and find all the audio logs and secrets within the map, it is one of the greatest games created in my opinion. Especially given the fact that until you allow the plot to come full circle, you cant really appreciate the full glory of the game itself as you would not understand a lot of the key points and deeper meanings of the game.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  5. Condor_HW

Condor_HW Aspiring Commoner

I think i can say it, cause it's still my opinion.
    I got every audio log so far, but I don't like the game. The reason why is because the storyline and the gameplay don't work together, I've been doing noting else than shooting my way trough the game, which is sad, especially with a story line with so much potential to make it something great. If they gave it some extra mechanics like stealt (from which i know is in one of the dlc's) the gameplay wouldn't be so one sided. If they gave me some choises to make besides chosing between a bird and a cage on a necklace they could have made the idee of an alternate reality stand out much more. There are much things I didn't like about the game and that is why I didn't finished it (and yes, I know the full story line, and i didn't like it).

I think Irrational games didn't put enough efforts in the game (besides the artwork), even though they would close, they could atleast finish with a game that was better than his predecessors.

6. Daddlio

Daddlio Dirt Conaisseur
    Foreman Donor

They did with the second part of the dlc. It felt so much like the original Bioshock but on the better game-engine.
    And partly you are right, the gameplay itself was a bit to repetitive in Infinite but still it got a brilliant story wich is worth so much more.
    If you play it as a game its average, but if you play as a narration its outstanding! but thats my opinion of corse ;)

7. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Aspiring Commoner

I liked Infinite, but I think that they went the wrong direction with it.
    After all, for most people that just glance at it, the only thing alike between the original 2 and the 3rd is that there are Guns, Melee Attacks, and Powers (Plasmids and Vigors, respectively).

I liked the game, and the Storyline from the Audio Logs I did get and from the game itself was pretty good.
    It was a well-thought out story-line if you can appreciate it, and the gameplay wasn't too bad.

Personally though, if you had a certain playstyle, it was kind of difficult to explore other possibilities.
    Like, for me, Bucking Bronco was my best friend, but when I tried branching out, it was hard to, which was something I loved about the originals: Branching out from your distinct playstyle, out of your comfort zone, and finding that it was better this way.