Connection Lost Internal Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Parameter 'directory'

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

q220

Eru Iluvatar
Staff member
Donor
Mar 1, 2014
Belgium
www.nickyvermeersch.me
Languages
Dutch (native), English, French.
I keep getting the "Connection Lost Internal Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Parameter 'directory' is not a directory".

I thought it was from the mods I downloaded, so I removed them but it still didn't work.

Help!
This can be caused because our servers automatically sends you resource packs, this is called "Server resource packs". The error you describe is most likely caused because of a non-existent server-texture-packs folder.

You can try to fix it by going to /User/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft folder and checking if theres a folder called server-texture-packs. If it's not there, manually create it and try joining again.

plum_jackson

Starting Adventurer
Jun 16, 2015
This can be caused because our servers automatically sends you resource packs, this is called "Server resource packs". The error you describe is most likely caused because of a non-existent server-texture-packs folder.

You can try to fix it by going to /User/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft folder and checking if theres a folder called server-texture-packs. If it's not there, manually create it and try joining again.
Wow thanks for the quick reply!

I'd love to see how this server has changed, I used to be active back in 2013 or so. Glad I can finally come back.

plum_jackson

Starting Adventurer
Jun 16, 2015

It still didn't work :(

Maybe if I disabled the automatic resource pack switch it would work. Any further suggestions?

Finrod_Amandil

hon. Head Designer
Mar 2, 2014
Switzerland
www.elbisch.ch
Languages
German (native), English, French
It still didn't work :(

Maybe if I disabled the automatic resource pack switch it would work. Any further suggestions?
Yes try to disable the server resource packs. For that, in the server list (after you clicked "Multiplayer" on the start screen). Select the server by clicking once on it and then hit the "edit" button below. Then change the setting "Server Resource Packs" to Disabled. You then can download the RPs manually >>here<<.

Eriol_Eandur

Head Developer
Staff member
Head Developer
Designer
Developer
Donor
Media Team
Sep 19, 2014
Germany
Languages
German (native), English

I think the directory name must be "server-resource-packs"