1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

Dallen's developer updates

Discussion in 'Engineering Bay' started by Dallen, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Dallen

Dallen Developer
    Developer

Dallen's dev updates returns! The old thread somehow got deleted and q couldn't find it so I made a new one. As with before, pm me with suggestions, don't post them here.

swcd, Artale, wyliewylie and 3 others like this.
  2. Dallen

Dallen Developer
    Developer

Currently on my to-do list (not in this order):
    • The Gaffer teamspeak integration.
    • The Gaffer adding gui for selecting job and action for admin commands (also if there is only on job running you won't have to select the job to edit) :)
    • Creating a themebuild plugin. Not using megga's code so it's from the ground up
    Finished:
    • Lilly pad fixes
    • Create '/createjob' and '/jobadmin' aliases '/job create' and '/job admin'
    • The Gaffer job helper work (now accepts CSVs)
    • Quests (for now)
    • TheHelper (Until more info needs to be added)

#2 Dallen, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    swcd, _Luk and Aaldim like this.
  3. Dallen

Dallen Developer
    Developer

Finished the gaffer job helper work. Started on a gui for the admin commands. Also edited to-do/finished

#3 Dallen, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    swcd, _Luk and Aaldim like this.
  4. Dallen

Dallen Developer
    Developer

Progress on the plotmanager is going quickly. It currently can create plots and paths.

5. Dallen

Dallen Developer
    Developer

The bounder helper is about half done, /Done will be available for OB to check if they have finished their journey.

swcd, Iru and Natanyagrad like this.
  6. Aaldim

Aaldim Developer
    Developer

using your thread, if you don't mind.

added plot-sign protection to plotmanager and started with other plot protection.

#6 Aaldim, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    Dallen and djax74 like this.
  7. Dallen

Dallen Developer
    Developer

Plot protection is now working for plot manager and sign generation is colored like the old days.

The bounder helper is progressing slowly. Thanks to @Iru and @nAugrim29 for there help to map out the OB locations. Obs will only have to type /done in order to finish there journey and for 2nd degree it will re-promote them after 1 week (also tell them the exact time until they will be re-promoted). Works up to rank steward (higher will need demotion first) and they are returned to their old rank once they serve their punishment. If a player is OBed while offline, when they log back in they are moved to spawn of terra nova, inventories cleared, and destination sent to them.

swcd, gigo09, Lady_of_Rohan and 8 others like this.
  8. Iru

Iru Dirt Conaisseur
    Donor

Great to hear. Looking forward to this

9. nAugrim29

nAugrim29 Aspiring Commoner

no worries dallen. glad to help any way i can.

10. xxLDCxx

xxLDCxx Yellow flower puncher

Does the /done command coincide with understanding the user at there end location? Or can the oathbreaker just immediately type /done and not have to actually walk anywhere?

muteberlin and TheCrackFox like this.
  11. Dallen

Dallen Developer
    Developer

they need to be within the bounds of the their location, (Iru, naugrim, and myself all mapped these). If they are degree two then they will be given the time, to the second, that they will be re promoted. They will also be given the timer every time they sign in as well as their location.

swcd, _Luk and xxLDCxx like this.
  12. Dallen

Dallen Developer
    Developer

Also a development update, did quite a bit of work on the plot manager for freebuild, it can now save themes and plot data to be revived after shutdown. Save data is saved at the same time as the maps. @nAugrim29 was very helpful with some testing i needed to do with multiple players. With any luck this plugin should be done in a week or so!

Wrote a quick plugin for Jord to help with the Summer Event, I will be a moderator there to help people who have questions about the plugins (It is super simple though)

13. DSESGH

DSESGH Dirt Conaisseur

Along with their destination being sent to them, they should also be sent the reason for being ob'ed.

Lady_of_Rohan, wyliewylie and Dallen like this.
  14. vShen

vShen One of Us
    Donor

Ironically, it's interesting how people always joke that the Bounders are programmed machines, but it looks like that's where it's headed...

:( #ManOverMachine

15. Dallen

Dallen Developer
    Developer

Look out @Iru ... Your next

16. Portalrules333

Portalrules333 Yellow flower puncher

Next, they will be writing out hundreds of Bounder chat lines, and then auto-playing them in place of the actual bounder......

RubenPieterMark likes this.
  17. Dallen

Dallen Developer
    Developer

@Ivan1pl @aaldim and myself have all been working on the plotmanager. It's looking great and we hope to have it running on freebuild soon :D

swcd, Natanyagrad, Artale and 2 others like this.
  18. Aaldim

Aaldim Developer
    Developer

PlotManager is finished and running on Freebuild now it will be used for the next ThemedBuild. :D

Natanyagrad, Dallen, Artale and 4 others like this.
  19. Dallen

Dallen Developer
    Developer

Boy oh boy its been a while since I did one of these,
    Marching band has finally ended so I now have time to work on the glorious plugins again. Two plugins have been released in my time of little activity so I'll catch you up:

PlotManager: version 1.1 used on freebuild only
    • Overview: This plugin allows for the claiming of plots by using the command '/theme'. It also stop grief on the theme build world similar that of TheGaffer. Players should also be able to place lava and water inside their plots to enhance their fancy theme builds.
    • Commands:
      • Theme: Claim a plot in the current theme build
      • Theme toplot: You don't have to make a new warp for your theme build now!
      • Theme resetplot: Clears your plot so you can start from scratch
      • There are some other staff commands that can be found in Mad's thread or on the project Readme
    • Authors: @aaldim, @Ivan1pl, and myself.
    TheHelper version 1.5 used on freebuild and build (by 11/4/14)
    • Overview: TheHelper was one of my first projects on the server, it provides help for players and developer information. It is intended to help enforcers and guides a bit by using in game commands instead of external links. This plugin also allows for tab completion so that you don't have to type a few extra letters :D
    • Commands:
      • Helper: Lists commands currently available
      • Helper teamspeak: Provides a link for TS3 download and a web link to launch TS with your ign.
      • Helper forums: Provides a link to the forums
      • Helper textures: Provides a link to the resource pack page on the forums
      • Helper map: Provides a link to the build and freebuild dynamic map
      • Helper guide: Provides a link to the new player guide
      • Helper rules: Provides a link to the rules
      • Helper servers: Provides a link to the server ip addresses
      • Devinfo commands I'll post on the developer private forum.
    • Authors: @aaldim, and myself
    Status Updates:
    • My current to do list (not necessarily in this order):
      1. Bounder(Enforcer)Suite - This plugin is in its early development but I intend to have all location data and OB data saved in Json and also a web OB log. This will also log everything about the OB including exact time of journey completion and re-promotion.
      2. TheGaffer - At long last I have managed to connect to the TeamSpeak server with queries so it looks like TS integration is back on the menu :). Players in jobs will be put in the appropriate channel with their IGN as their nickname. The channel set part of the job create conversation will also prompt all valid channels for the staff to choose from. I really have to hand it to @q220, when it comes to this stuff I am pretty clueless and q gave me a great tutorial on what I needed to do.
      3. Tours - With my new found server query knowledge, I intend to integrate TS with the Tour plugin so that tours also have channels.
    • congrats to @Ivan1pl (I'm sure most of you know but its worth repeating) on becoming a developer.
    • Thanks to @SugarKoala for all her help with testing and tour work.
    That's all from me, I super excited for the next few weeks of development as I see a lot of possibilities opening up. Have a stellar day, thanks for reading.

-DonoA/Dallen1393

swcd, kyzcool, ooitsbirdo and 10 others like this.
  20. DSESGH

DSESGH Dirt Conaisseur

Wait, what instrument do you play?

Ardelenia likes this.