delete

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

sawApenguin

Aspiring Commoner
Apr 17, 2017
Languages
english
delete this. its old

Last edited:

Finrod_Amandil

hon. Head Designer
Mar 2, 2014
Switzerland
www.elbisch.ch
Languages
German (native), English, French
Thanks for your application, and sorry for the long response time!

Your house in DA looks very very nice, like that facade a lot!

However there are some things I'd like to comment on your TB for improvements, and I'd be glad if you could try to bring in some of these aspects into another TB, or improve the one you made already:
  • Wall materials: You made the entire wall out of one material only. This makes it look pretty boring. Check out some of the walls around the map; most use more than one material to make it look more interesting!
  • Wall shape: While the shapes you used in the wall make it look pretty intricate, but on the other hand very repetitive. Try to make more distinct shapes, i.e. arches or pillars attached to the wall to make a detailed shape rather then just cramming in as many stairs as possible. Again, look what people have done in walls around the map with the shape.
  • Make sure you have no grass blocks below stony blocks
  • Mix the materials in the roads as well, there's many blocks that look like they've been worn out over time. Things like that make a build look a lot more lively.
  • The statues are very thin, they'd be very prone to break apart as stone is very brittle.
  • The idea with the graveyard is nice :D Detail it a little more though, add small paths to each grave and decorate them with flowers and candles!
  • For the main building's materials and shapes on the outside it's the same as with the walls.
You seem to be very confident when it comes to adapting a style / guide, but you need some more security for picking materials and shapes when building something without a guide and clear instructions! Please try to improve on this point and update your app by adding a new post with new pictures!

~ Finrod

BWOT

Head Builder
Staff member
Head Designer
Designer
Donor
Jul 31, 2016
U.S.A. , NYC
Languages
English, German, French
Saw you are doing well, look more at the MCME technique in each type of buildings and focus a lot on interior screens as this is one of or maybe the most challenging aspect for an artist. Hope you can join the purple team soon.

sawApenguin

Aspiring Commoner
Apr 17, 2017
Languages
english
Saw you are doing well, look more at the MCME technique in each type of buildings and focus a lot on interior screens as this is one of or maybe the most challenging aspect for an artist. Hope you can join the purple team soon.
ur right. i have shown hardly any of my interior! ill start updating soon with interior picks :)

Finrod_Amandil

hon. Head Designer
Mar 2, 2014
Switzerland
www.elbisch.ch
Languages
German (native), English, French
Hey saw,

thank you for the update, and sorry that I havent replied in so long!

Please, take some feedback...
  • I like that you use randomised materials to incorporate the makeshift-aspect!
  • The house is overall pretty large, especially from inside. As most people imagine Radagasts house (idk even if theres a description somewhere, don't think it appears in the books) to be very stuffed and chaotic, and ofc its a lot easier and more feasible to make a stuffed house if it is not very big inside ;)
  • The tree running through the building would be looking quite nice I think, if you would have used the logs with the bark texture on all sides! You cant get those in vanilla minecraft, but on MCME you can using the command /get logs!
  • Make sure to cover the thatch (stuff on the roof) on the inside. It cannot hold itself up, it needs to be supported, usually by some wooden planks. Same for shingles btw.
  • Nice that you invested some time into making the surroundings look nice! But I'd say the most significant and game-changing thing you could add there is some tall and drooping trees! We're in Mirkwood after all and not on a plain!
Overall I would really recommen you check out some of the other versions of Radagasts house (for example lolbroek's: https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/threads/artist-application-lolbroek108.4120/#post-46077) and try to imitate the style, because by copying it you automatically understand how it works and that's how you can get used to how to build such builds on your own! It is not easy, and there's a lot of things to look out for, so please keep going!

~ Finrod

superlolster

Hardcore MCME-er
Commoner
Jul 31, 2017
Pacific Ocean
Languages
English
Hey saw,

• The house is overall pretty large, especially from inside. As most people imagine Radagasts house (idk even if theres a description somewhere, don't think it appears in the books) to be very stuffed and chaotic, and ofc its a lot easier and more feasible to make a stuffed house if it is not very big inside ;)
  • The tree running through the building would be looking quite nice I think, if you would have used the logs with the bark texture on all sides! You cant get those in vanilla minecraft, but on MCME you can using the command /get logs!
  • Make sure to cover the thatch (stuff on the roof) on the inside. It cannot hold itself up, it needs to be supported, usually by some wooden planks. Same for shingles btw.
  • Nice that you invested some time into making the surroundings look nice! But I'd say the most significant and game-changing thing you could add there is some tall and drooping trees! We're in Mirkwood after all and not on a plain!
Overall I would really recommen you check out some of the other versions of Radagasts house (for example lolbroek's: https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/threads/artist-application-lolbroek108.4120/#post-46077) and try to imitate the style, because by copying it you automatically understand how it works and that's how you can get used to how to build such builds on your own! It is not easy, and there's a lot of things to look out for, so please keep going!

~ Finrod
Haha @lolbroek108 ur builds are being used for everything now XD

sawApenguin

Aspiring Commoner
Apr 17, 2017
Languages
english
Hey saw,

~ Finrod
thanks Finrod ill definitely take in what u said and use it in other builds :)