1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

Dota 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by The_AWOL, Apr 20, 2014.

1. The_AWOL

The_AWOL Aspiring Commoner
    Donor

Another popular moba created by valve, am I the only one who plays? Its the perfect pace; not so hectic so that you get overwhelmed. Also, it's not too slow, you always have a place to be. Anyways, its a free game and I suggest you give it a try.

Having also played a good amount of League of Legends, I can say that the Dota community is much better, especially for a beginner.

Condor_HW likes this.
  2. Condor_HW

Condor_HW Aspiring Commoner

Finaly, I was waiting for this to show up.

*btw: you shouldn't say that, it's just another reason to start those endless discussions about which one is better

3. Gimilzor

Gimilzor Aspiring Commoner

Never played dota, but we all can agreee that LoL community is terrible, so no surprises if you say dota community is better

4. Condor_HW

I never played LoL, so I don't know, but i just don't want that typical discussion about which is better...

But back to Dota, I want to find out who else here plays it and maybe we can make our own mcme guild and team XD.

5. wikey1236

wikey1236 Yellow flower puncher

Ermmm they both have toxic players. Seriously don't even start this discussion.

djax74 likes this.
  6. imtheproof

imtheproof Aspiring Commoner
    Donor

The "DotA" acronym was dropped for Dota 2. For the original game it stood for Defense of the Ancients. For various reasons Valve made the game simply "Dota 2" with Dota being the 1-word name.

Dota 2 is widely considered to have a much steeper learning curve than League for beginners. As for which community is better, I've been screamed at in League, DotA, Dota 2, any MOBA for that matter. Only thing was that in Dota 2 the person was screaming over voice chat in Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, etc. with a random "fuck noob" every now and then. They all have shitty people, and they all have great people. Just like in real life. The assholes in real life though can freely express themselves over the internet.

--------------------------------------

Onto the game though - Dota 2's a pretty damn fun game to play. A lot of the characters have abilities that seem "over the top" which makes for some very fun matches.

Play what you have the most fun playing. If you have problems with people in almost any game, simply mute them.

Dargona1018 and Ghundra like this.
  7. The_AWOL

Donor

I like both Dota and Lol, they have their ups and downs. No need to start an argument.
    thanks, fixed didn't know that the acronym was dropped. Yah, I didn't want this discussion to be about the original Warcraft DotA.

8. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Aspiring Commoner

If it was possible for us to have a large MCME Game for noobs and such, I think it would be very fun.
    I, personally, could only get into LoL when I had my friend and his 2 brothers playing (a tactical team of 4, with all of the others in the ranked division).

I played Dota 2 for a while, but I could never really get a good character going. The closest was Naga Siren, or Sniper (other than with a Pudge on the opposing team), so I really need to get a set character before learning to be less noob-ish.

9. Condor_HW

You mean something like a tournament, or just a private game, because it's possible.

10. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Aspiring Commoner

I was meaning more like a Private Match, where we have the two teams of MCME players, being able to teach noobier players like me, and then we can have a good environment of Semi-Pros.

And to play for real once we get a niche character. :D

11. Condor_HW

The Regional Qualifiers for TI4 where announced yesterday, just felled like share it, for those who didn't noticed.
    • Americas Qualifier: May 12-15 12:00PM EST
    • Southeast Asia Qualifier: May 16-19 12:00PM SGT
    • China Qualifier: May 20-23 12:00PM CCT
    • Europe Qualifier: May 24-27 12:00PM CEST
    My 4 team from which i hope that they get trough the qualifiers are: Team Liquid (Amaricas), Tongfu (China), Zephyr (SE Asia) and Power Rangers (EU)

You can get all you info here

12. nevik45

nevik45 Aspiring Commoner

I'm going to get Dota 2 in a week, but have been watching the International Tournament when I can.

Also, some of my friends say LoL is easier to learn but DotA is better (I, personally, want DotA because it's more creative: the heros have backstories and it's not "Red vs. Blue" it's "Dire vs. Radient"

Condor_HW and The_AWOL like this.
  13. The_AWOL

Donor

Awesome, it's fun. Just practice a couple games. Watching the International should give you a pretty good understanding of how the game works already.

14. Condor_HW

@nevik45 Make sure you watch the international at the "Noobcast", the caster explains everything that happens in the meantime.

15. nevik45

Two of my buddies are going to give me a tutuorial (and it may be a bit longer than a week :()

16. Condor_HW

They are gonna give you a tutorial themselves or are they gonna let you play the tutorial, cause in case of the second. . . GOOD LUCK :p

17. nevik45

I believe them and a couple other buddies will get on Google hangouts with me, help me pick a character, start a game with me, teach me how to play, and then kill me over and over.

18. Condor_HW

Well, you still have to do the tutorial so good luck anyway, watching through all those boring cutscenes.

19. nevik45

I've started playing, so far my maximum number of kills is 3 and deaths is 11 (probably shouldn't have tried Sven, then it'd be at 3 and 7...) So, I'm still really bad, but everyone says DotA 2 is a game that you're bad at for the first 12 hours, so...

#19 nevik45, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  20. Yoshi_YOLO

Yoshi_YOLO Thrall

[​IMG]

So uh.... Who can wait for these bad boys?