In Progress Dwarven Armor

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
  • Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Fireinferno13

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 1, 2014
United States
As per the request of @Despot666 , I have begun work on several Dwarven armor textures for Moria. This is my first time texturing armor so no promises in terms of how long this may or may not take, however I figured if I create a thread I'd likely be more motivated to make them.

PROGRESS:
+ Leather
+ Iron
+ Chain
+ Gold
+ Diamond: done
- removed beard

FireFuss

Yellow Flower Puncher
Mar 6, 2014
Hey Fire, for the leather inspiration, it looks still mostly metal imo. Maybe
looks a bit more leather and would be quite useful for all the not-soldier Dwarves.
Would you include the axe blade in his forehead as the helmet or something...

Fireinferno13

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 1, 2014
United States
Hey Fire, for the leather inspiration, it looks still mostly metal imo. Maybe
looks a bit more leather and would be quite useful for all the not-soldier Dwarves.
So I thought about this - given that we are a build server and the main point of these armor textures is to decorate the halls of Moria, I think the "iron" armor variant will be a lot more helpful. That is, leather would likely decay over such a long period of time whereas as the iron may be preserved if kept in proper conditions.

Also update - I have been working on this off and on with not a ton of success, so no promises this project works out..

RubenPieterMark

Builds Diagonally
Media Team
Mar 12, 2016
The glorious Kingdom of the Netherlands
Languages
Dutch, English, French, German
So I thought about this - given that we are a build server and the main point of these armor textures is to decorate the halls of Moria, I think the "iron" armor variant will be a lot more helpful. That is, leather would likely decay over such a long period of time whereas as the iron may be preserved if kept in proper conditions.

Also update - I have been working on this off and on with not a ton of success, so no promises this project works out..
Hm ok, but the question is, will we use this pack only for Moria, or also for Erebor and Ered Luin and stuff? Then we would need the leather I suppose. And for the old armor, maybe have one set of armor with rust and just in bad condition.