1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

ESO

Discussion in 'Games' started by 07smithle, Mar 19, 2014.

1. 07smithle

07smithle Aspiring Commoner
    Donor

I am going to subscribe to elder scrolls online, and i would like to get an idea as to how many other people on mcme are going to be playing it

2. Indorilian

Indorilian Yellow flower puncher

I'd rather wait for an actual ES game from Bethesda than play this. This just took canon lore stuff from the real series and went "nope, all that really awesome stuff was mistranslations, this is what REALLY happened" in order to make it more accessable. It also doesn't play like an ES game IMO. So I'll just keep my money and wait for TES: VI

kyzcool, Fornad and Glov like this.
  3. iDwarf

iDwarf Aspiring Commoner

I'm also not playing it. The whole Imperial thing really upsets me. I don't agree with how they're handling preorders. The factions are split up for reasons and to allow anyone to go to any faction just for preordering (and probably selling it in a store later on) is just wrong. I'd also rather wait for a new Elder Scrolls game than play ESO.

4. 07smithle

Donor

I agree that the lore inaccuracy can be annoying, however i'm going to be playing this game because i think its a great mmo and not because i think its going to be a continuation of the elder scrolls series.

5. imtheproof

imtheproof Aspiring Commoner
    Donor

Maybe I'll try the game out again in 6 months or so... I was continually disappointed by the beta though. I feel that if it didn't have "Elder Scrolls" in its name it'd be a game dead in the water and nobody would care about it. Felt too much of a single player experience that it took away from MMO / multiplayer elements, but also not enough of an MMO / multiplayer experience that it felt like a trashy single player game. There are much better games out there - paying $60 + $15 / month is just a joke that, once again, I don't think people would do if it didn't have "Elder Scrolls" in the title.

6. 07smithle

Donor

I think I would still have bought the game if it didn’t have elder scrolls in the title since I have been keeping an eye out for a good fantast mmo to fill the gap that ddo left when I finally got bored of it. I’m still going to keep my hopes up for this game since I feel it has the potential to have a great community, and has the potential for numerous expansions in the future. And if it’s a complete failure it should at least tide me over until the release of star citizen.

7. imtheproof

Donor

My brother is really picky when it comes to MMOs and he seemed to like the Wildstar beta a whole lot. He said it's a really good PVE experience but they took out some major end-game PVP zone and are waiting on it until after release - which is sometime in early June.

8. 07smithle

Donor

Yeah, that art style is not something I would play

9. domwatts

domwatts Aspiring Commoner
    Donor

yeah i've bought it already and i'm pretty keen for it

10. imtheproof

Donor

Even if it's a much better game than ESO (which we won't know until they are both released) you won't play it only because of the art style? It's not a fantasy MMO (it's a science fiction MMO which you weren't looking for), but the one thing you pick is the art style? What's that acronym... smh? smh.

iDwarf likes this.
  11. JordD04

JordD04 One of Us
    Donor

I think the Art style can have a big effect on the decision of what game you would play, a new Ninja Gaiden game was recently released called Ninja Gaiden Z, and although the gameplay looks decent, It's something I would never consider getting because I hate the art:
    [​IMG]
    Similarly I always try to avoid Manga/Anime style games, because I hate that art style even more.

I think the best comparison to make here is with Cars, most people base a large amount of their decision on the car. Although you might for example have a really smooth Mini that had lots of boot space etc, If you really don't like how a Mini looked, it's not something you would consider buying.

12. Fireinferno13

Fireinferno13 One of Us
    Donor

Oh goodness:

Glov and domwatts like this.
  13. domwatts

Donor

If they were to make a full film about the cinematic trailer I would probably watch it

14. koria6

koria6 Aspiring Commoner

Smithle, I have already bought and subscribed to ESO. I'll be playing in the Aldmeri Dominion.

And Jord. I don't see how you can just not play a game because of the art style. I mean... we play Minecraft...

Gimilzor likes this.
  15. JordD04

JordD04 One of Us
    Donor

I like the minecraft art style, even TotalBiscuit admitted that Minecraft had a decent art style.

vShen likes this.
  16. The_AWOL

The_AWOL Aspiring Commoner
    Donor

I'm with Jord, I think the art plays a big role (and i like the way mc looks). I, however, have ESO and happen to like the art very much. A bit cartoony as far as combat goes, but it's an MMO that was designed mainly for the 3rd person, so oh well.

17. domwatts

Donor

I'm in Aldmeri Dominion as well, what server are you on?

18. iDwarf

iDwarf Aspiring Commoner

"what server"? I was under the impression they were doing that massive server thing. Or did that fail miserably?

19. _Sidhion_

_Sidhion_ Aspiring Commoner
    Donor

There's 2 servers, one for the US and one for EU

20. 07smithle

Donor

I'm on Europe, aldmeri Dominion.
    I'm currently in greenshade