1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem

Discussion in 'Games' started by Will_Slams, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Will_Slams

Will_Slams Yellow flower puncher

So Fire Emblem!
    Most of you probably have no idea what this is, or have only heard about it through Marth, Ike, and Roy, featured in Nintendo's "Super Smash Brothers" game series. If either of these is in fact true, YOU ARE MISSING OUT! This game series is like a combination of "Dungeons and Dragons" and "Final Fantasy"(or so I've been told, I've never played FF). It is a strategy game series. Each level is a map of your battlefield, and you have all your cool little soldiers, archers, horsemen, and wizards you can command to defeat the enemy! It has amazing plot, awesome animations, and engaging gameplay. I URGE you to go check it out!

For those of you who DO play it (there must be someone here... I can't be the only one!) you are not alone! I looooooove this series!

2. DarthRagnar

DarthRagnar Yellow flower puncher

I have the first Fire Emblem released in the US (called simply "Fire Emblem") and "Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones" for the Gameboy Advanced. I haven't played any of the others, but two I have are very good.

3. Will_Slams

Yesssssssss the former (I think the unofficial title is "Blazing Sword") is VERY good. I also really want to try out Sacred Stones.

4. Will_Slams

By the way, check out this little thing I made using the first frame of the Soldier attack animation:
    [​IMG]

Glov likes this.
  5. nevik45

nevik45 Aspiring Commoner

Ok I (of couse) know about Ike and Marth (super smash bros), and I know a eensy weensy bit about Fire Emblem, but the one thing I don't know. My mom lets me play some teen games, and anything below. What's Fire Emblem rated?

6. Will_Slams

A range of ratings. The American releases are:

Path of Radiance: T (Gamecube, Ike is the main character)
    Radiant Dawn : E10+ (Wii, Ike is in most of it) sequel to PoR
    Shadow Dragon: E10+ (DS, Marth is the main character)
    Fire Emblem: E (Gameboy)
    Sacred Stones: E (Gameboy)
    Awakening: T (3DS)

7. Will_Slams

And I did another one! I have so much fun with these. Who should I make next?
    [​IMG]

8. nevik45

I'd better get those sometime.

9. nevik45

Ok, I'm considering getting it. Is it all strategy? All of the reviews explain the story, backstory, and say how good it is. They never explain how gameplay is. So, is it all moving tiles, or is there any controlling of characters, or what?

P.S: how is the animation?

10. Will_Slams

It is all moving characters on a map. You can do absolutely nothing to control your characters during a fight with an enemy unit, but you can do things to affect their statistics. There are a bunch of different items and things you can use on different soldiers in your army to increase their stats.
    Basically, this is how it works:
    1. You direct one of your soldiers to attack an enemy soldier.
    2. Upon defeating the enemy soldier, your unit will gain EXP depending on their current level. (i.e, a level 1 killing a level 10 will get more EXP than a level 5 killing a level 2.)
    3. When one of your soldiers reaches 100 EXP, they will level up, and their stats will increase, like this:
    LEVEL UP!
    HP+1
    Strength+1
    Defence+1
    4. You can then use different items you find/receive/steal to automatically increase their stats as you see fit.

... I will rant for literally HOURS about this series, but the general gist is this: You prepare your units for a battle, then once fighting an enemy, they're on their own.

Animations: Depending on what game you get, the animations will be better or worse quality. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are quite realistic, but the Gameboy ones are more fun to watch.

11. nevik45

Ok I just watched the first 3 seconds of a review and was like, "I'm getting this tomorrow." I'm waiting to get the full set of the Ranger's Apprentice book to get this game.

Also, jet, rant away.

12. Will_Slams

YAAAAAY! I love ranting! Which one @nevik45 ?

#12 Will_Slams, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  13. nevik45

Um...which jet?

If it's which game, Radiant Dawn. I haven't gotten it yet. The reason that I'm getting that one is because the only systems I have are wii and PS2.

14. Will_Slams

You can't find it in many stores anymore. I had to dig deep for it in Gamestop's used games. Maybe try V-Stock?