Frequently Asked Questions

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

q220

Eru Iluvatar
Staff member
Donor
Mar 1, 2014
Belgium
www.nickyvermeersch.me
Languages
Dutch (native), English, French.
This is a short guide meant to introduce players to Minecraft Middle Earth.
Everyone should take some time to get acquainted with the Terms and rules or 'Terms of Service and Rules'.

What is Minecraft Middle Earth?

It is a creative online collaboration project, aiming to recreate the world imagined by J.R.R. Tolkien. It is available and freely accessible for everyone.
Through the use of Minecraft, we create a virtual world with minecraft blocks. We create and design our own buildings, textures, landscape, sound and music, and more.
We only are building the world, we are not a role-playing server, nor are we producing a videogame. We are simply making a huge world out of Minecraft Blocks, in a creative Minecraft environment. Just building.

What Minecraft version do I need?

You need the Minecraft Java Edition, available at www.minecraft.net

What is Discord and how do I connect to it?

Discord is an advanced program for voice-chat and text-chat. It is available for free at Discord - Free Voice and Text Chat
Once you have it installed and you made an account, you can join our discord server at Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers
Once you are connected you can reach out to people, join voice-chat channels, chat, share pictures, and more.

How does the building work? Can I do anything?

As a starting player you will have restrictions on where and if you can build. You can build during jobs, which are lead by a more experienced builder. This will be building with a certain objective in mind (such as building a road, farms, houses, interiors, and so on). When there is no job available, building on the map will not be possible. However you can still participate in Themed Builds or build on Freebuild!

Themed Builds

Themed Builds are weekly organized building events. Each week will promote a certain theme, style or architecture in which you can show off your building skills, practice, or learn techniques from other people.

Freebuild

Freebuild is a dedicated world in which everyone can build whatever they want, when they want. Some rules apply however such as not building too close to other people, you might want to look that up at the Terms and rules.

How will I connect to the server?

If you already know how to connect to multiplayer servers, the ip is build.mcmiddleearth.com
If this is your first time joining a multiplayer server:

1. Launch the game
  2. On the main menu, click on 'Multiplayer'
  3. On the new screen, click on 'Add Server'
  4. You can type 'Minecraft Middle Earth' or whatever you wish, this name will display in the server list
  5. This bit is important! In server adress you type: build.mcmiddleearth.com
  6. For the best experience, you should see 'Server Resource Packs: Enabled' so you don't have to mess around downloading and installing resource packs.
  7. Double click the newly added server, and you're joining!

I require more help

You can ask for more assistance on the Help forums at Get Help