1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

Frodo and company's path is incorrect!

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by ryttyr, Jun 8, 2017.

1. RubenPieterMark

RubenPieterMark Dirt Conaisseur
    Media Team

And the terrain is chalkstone; the Willywitthel spring was near Bombadil's house and it was described as a bubbling milk stream.

2. TI_020601

TI_020601 Aspiring Commoner

How exactly would we do that?

3. RubenPieterMark

RubenPieterMark Dirt Conaisseur
    Media Team

No that just means that the terrain is chalk

ryttyr likes this.
  4. ryttyr

ryttyr Aspiring Commoner

Sorry for all the off-topic-ish stuff above. Are we going to change the path through the Barrow Downs?

RubenPieterMark likes this.
  5. ryttyr

ryttyr Aspiring Commoner

One more inconsistency I've found whilst reading the book is that in the book when being led through Lothlorien by the Galadhrim Frodo and co are shown Cerin Amroth by Haldir who even takes Frodo and Sam all the way up to the top. Whilst on the server the path goes straight past Cerin Amroth without stopping. Also, on the server the path keeps following the road whilst in the book they continue through thickets in the dark and reaches Caras Galadhon from the north where they walk along a paved road along the west side of the city until they reach the city gates in the south.
    One other thing is that the path never leaves the road to go to the flets where the company spends the night hiding from the orcs of Moria.

I'll make a map like I did for the Barrow Downs as soon as I get access to my PC again.

#25 ryttyr, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Daddlio, RubenPieterMark and BWOT like this.
  6. Finrod_Amandil

Finrod_Amandil Head Designer
    Staff Member Head Designer Donor Media Team

Hmm it has been a while since I put the footprints down in Loth but if I recall correctly I did choose a flet to be the one from the books and added footprints to it, and I am also fairly sure that I remembered to add the detour to Cerin Amroth

7. ryttyr

ryttyr Aspiring Commoner

I found the flet they slept in. The reason I missed it was because I didn't start looking for it until after I had crossed the Nimrodel as it was soon after they crossed the river that they left the road to seek shelter in the book but on the server that flet is located a while before the Nimrodel. Also I didn't look for a second flet on the server but in the book they sleep on two different flets, one for the hobbits and a coupple galadhrim and another for the rest of the company and assumingly some more galadhrim a little further in.

And I can assure you that the current path on the server passes by Ceren Amroth and does not go up to it.

I'm in the progress of making a map but due to all the trees it's really hard to map it out.

#27 ryttyr, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017