Game Crash

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
  • This weekend 20-21 April the website will be unavailable for a few hours for a scheduled upgrade and maintenance. Estimated time that the site will be unavailable will be around 3 hours.

• This community does not generate revenue and relies on its members and financial contributors to keep it running.

For a complete month, we would need around 235 USD for a break-even situation.

Read more...

Jake_of_Ker

Aspiring Commoner
Jun 6, 2014
Since yesterday night, every time I try to log into the freebuild server, my game crashes. I haven't had this problem with the Main Server, so I suspect it is a specific position error. I've had this kind of problem before, so I think I need to be jailed temporarily to fix the problem.

Thanks,

-Jake

lizzy_

Builds Diagonally
Mar 1, 2014
UK
Languages
English
Hmm, it might be the area you're in causing you to crash. This may sound silly, but once you log in, try and fly very fast in one direction and see if that fixes it.

Jake_of_Ker

Aspiring Commoner
Jun 6, 2014
That being said, I did try earlier today before mc shut down their online. Is there any way to temporarily jail me? That has fixed the problem on another server.

Last edited:

Jake_of_Ker

Aspiring Commoner
Jun 6, 2014
Look, can an administrator delete my player files on the freebuild server without deleting anything I've built? If so, I'd think that'd be an easy fix.

DynoDaring

Head Enforcer
Staff member
Head Enforcer
Mar 1, 2014
to be honest Will I wouldn't know how and not even sure if we have the power.

Jake_of_Ker

Aspiring Commoner
Jun 6, 2014
I'm not trying to be pushy or impertinent, but I'm pretty sure that the only thing needed to be done is to go to the server's world folder under /players, and delete my player.dat file. It should make the server "forget" that I was there, thus resetting my position when I log on again. Does the owner of the server keep track of this sort of thing?

arathorn867

Aspiring Commoner
Jun 9, 2014
Berlin
arathorn867.imgur.com
This may be a more complicated fix, but it is possible to edit player position in the .DAT file. I've done it for single player when I was stuck in a corrupt chunk, not sure if it would work on a server or not.

WardenWolf

Yellow Flower Puncher
May 3, 2014
Northern Virginia
www.youtube.com
First, I'd say delete your Minecraft .jar file just to make sure you don't have corruption there. It will redownload once you start the game. If that doesn't fix it, PM Q and explain the situation. He will have to SSH into the server and delete your player file.