1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

Game Of Thrones TV Series (No Book spoilers plz)

Discussion in 'Tavern Talk' started by gigo09, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Tyranystrasz

Tyranystrasz Designer
    Staff Member Designer

Martin doesn't do those mistakes.

2. _Luk

_Luk One of Us

to be fair, he once said himself, that he doesn't mind distances and chronological order himself that much,

3. wheelleee

wheelleee Aspiring Commoner

I saw a reddit post (don't have the link with me sorry) which ordered each scene into chonological order with accurate dates and times, starting with Bran's arrival at the wall. Basically most of their times are feasible with gap times, except for that of Euron's appearance in the Silence at Casterly Rock. For that to happen, he'd barely make it even if he just left immediately after giving the sand snakes to Cersei (and knowing how they've done show Euron's character, he wouldn't give command of his ship to one of his mutes). Apart from that all of them are basically possible, although showwesteros has a severe problem with lacking scouts for armies.

Fireinferno13 likes this.
  4. Fireinferno13

Fireinferno13 Designer
    Staff Member Designer Donor

My question is how did she get her Dothraki army (all on horseback) to the location of the battle. First, I think its fair to assume that the Lannisters would need to take the main road, the roseroad, given the amount of cargo being transported. Based on the fact that they were done collecting grain and the first shipment had just arrived in Kingslanding I would place their forces just before the Kingswood.

If Dany approached from the east or south, her horsemen would have had to cross the Kingswood or Dornish Marches respectively. Both would be difficult at best when trying to quickly move horses for an ambush.

The other option would be approaching from the north, which would require a huge breadth to avoid Kingslanding, roaming Lannister troops, or at the very least alerting everyone to your presence since that distance could by no means be covered in a rapid amount of time without exhausting forces and horses. I really doubt she approached from the west, though this would be the path of least resistance, given that her boats would have to circle around Dorne. Given her losses at the hand of Euron I doubt she would take this risk either.

[​IMG]

Eldar_Telcontar likes this.
  5. wheelleee

wheelleee Aspiring Commoner

According to the showrunners the water Bronn pushed Jaime into at the end of the episode was the Blackwater. (source=leaked scripts for the episode lol) So it's most likely that they already passed the kingswood at that point? Not sure, as if that was the case Dany could have easily been seen by KL. The show also decided to ditch the idea of farms in both the reach and near KL for the sake of emulating a western plot so w/e, it's DnD, best not to put too much thought in it based on their scriptwriting focusing more on wow factor than story/logistics.

#305 wheelleee, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  6. Eldar_Telcontar

Eldar_Telcontar Dirt Conaisseur
    Donor

The plot demanded it, thus is happened. It's the same reason Euron's fleet managed to sail half way around a continent and back in time for tea at Casterly Rock at the exact moment the unsullied arrived.

As much as the Loot train ambush was a spectacular piece of cinematography and visual effects, it made no sense in terms of logistics.

7. FireFuss

FireFuss Dirt Conaisseur
    Donor Foreman

I feel like it's because we're outside of the story that the book started laying down. i.e. There could have been lesser character/sub stories from the book that were omitted that took place between everything that happened in the episode. But not having that knowledge of other things happening in the world makes it seem that there are huge gaps between the story. It's like the show took time in the beginning setting up a character, giving you a reason to love or hate them. Now it's just all these established characters, and they don't think it's necessary to hit the sub plots.

I personally think they're just setting up for something huge to happen...

8. Fireinferno13

Fireinferno13 Designer
    Staff Member Designer Donor

Alright who wants to start placing bets on who dies next episode? Jon? The Hound? Beric (my bet)? Jorah? Tormund? Gendry (he'll probs row away if danger arrises)?

9. SirEonwe

SirEonwe Aspiring Commoner

My bet is on the hound. I will rip out my eyes if that happens though

10. Eaglz24

Eaglz24 Dirt Conaisseur
    Donor

11. ooitsbirdo

ooitsbirdo Foreman
    Foreman

Jon dies, Beric gives him his life to save john and this is the only reason Beric doesnt die, but now he does

12. _Luk

_Luk One of Us

I would say everyone besides Jon

13. Eldar_Telcontar

Donor

Jorah. That goodbye with Daenerys was for good.

RubenPieterMark likes this.
  14. Eldar_Telcontar

Donor

15. FireFuss

FireFuss Dirt Conaisseur
    Donor Foreman

HAX!...

I just read an interesting Reddit theory where; in the upcoming meeting at the kings landing dragon pit, Cersi will try and burn her enemies with wildfire. Dany AND Jon will come out unburned, Cersi will scream for them to be killed but no one listens. No one but the mountain. The hound battles the mountain in #CLEGANEBOWL and yada yada yada. The next season focuses on the REAL song of ice and fire. The ARMIES of ice and fires battle!!!

Thijs1801 and Fireinferno13 like this.