Guys/girls/whatever... We need to talk.

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary_Baggins

Enforcer
Staff member
Jan 7, 2017
England
Languages
English
This urban myth that only Guides can welcome and help new players needs to stop, anyone can welcome a new player and if you know how to help them and answer their questions then it should be everyone's job to do so.

ryttyr

Dirt Conaisseur
Apr 22, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
Languages
English and Swedish
Wait what? I thought it was a no-brainer that non-Guide members also should welcome and be helpful to new players. I myself always try to do so, especially when there's no Guides on to do so.

superlolster

Manual Treebuilder
Jul 31, 2017
Pacific Ocean
Languages
English
apparently some people seem to think its solely a guide and a guides job alone to welcome and be nice to players, some ppl seriously need some common sense

Milarwen

Dirt Conaisseur
Aug 3, 2016
Languages
Englsih, Norwegian.
Not sure where this urban myth comes from as this is news to me.
However, although we can all be helpful ,the guides is the primary source for someone looking for help. As an enforcer, i too carry this purpose as it is very rarely i enforce matters.

RubenPieterMark

Builds Diagonally
Media Team
Mar 12, 2016
The glorious Kingdom of the Netherlands
Languages
Dutch, English, French, German
shut up thomas, they r there to GUIDE people, hence the name guide, doesn't mean you dont have to be friendly and welcoming to new ppl, ur obviously need some common sense
Common sense would include not randomly telling people to shut up. It's not nice and it's deadly for a community.

superlolster

Manual Treebuilder
Jul 31, 2017
Pacific Ocean
Languages
English
Common sense would include not randomly telling people to shut up. It's not nice and it's deadly for a community.
R u rly gonna talk to me about the community...ok
and its not random, he was being stupid and contradicting garys statement and we know that Gary is right, so therefore u need common sense not me, ty very much im here all week

Last edited:

Merluin

Foreman
Foreman
Jul 23, 2017
Belgium
Languages
Dutch, French and English
R u rly gonna talk to me about the community...ok
and its not random, he was being stupid and contradicting garys statement and we know that Gary is right, so therefore u need common sense not me, ty very much im here all week
Guy, girl... Pls, this is not a discussion that is worth being in this thread or in any other.
Ruub, don't take super's text outta context, lolly, don't try to make this escalate

superlolster

Manual Treebuilder
Jul 31, 2017
Pacific Ocean
Languages
English
Guy, girl... Pls, this is not a discussion that is worth being in this thread or in any other.
Ruub, don't take super's text outta context, lolly, don't try to make this escalate
why is me defending myself always taken as trying to make stuff escalate...whatever

Smaug_Niphredil

Enforcer
Staff member
Aug 23, 2015
England
Languages
English, French, and Sindarin.
Locking the thread to avoid yet more pointless discussions. I'm sure the message of this thread is understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.