Issues connecting to mcmiddleearth.com (Can't resolve hostname)

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Finrod_Amandil

hon. Head Designer
Mar 2, 2014
Switzerland
www.elbisch.ch
Languages
German (native), English, French
Dear devs and @q220

Since a few days (less than a week i think) I'm very often having problems to connect to servers, forums and dynmap. This has never occurred before. The issues are irregularily appearing; it's even possible that Build server is accessible while Freebuild is not; mostly its resolved automatically after a short time (its nevertheless annoying).

Internet connection is fine; all other websites are accessible as usual.

Was anything mcmiddleearth-side changed and/or is anyone getting the same issue?

Screens:
Server list:
5vcb34.jpg

Trying to access build.mcmiddleearth.com via Direct Connect:
16jq1y9.jpg

Error page for Forums and Dynmap (with translations of german texts)
692rew.jpg

Config:
Windows 7 64-bit
+ Google Chrome

Minecraft 1.7.10
+ Forge; JourneyMap Mod, Shaders Mod, Optifine
+ Liteloader; daflight

Attachments

q220

Eru Iluvatar
Staff member
Donor
Mar 1, 2014
Belgium
www.nickyvermeersch.me
Languages
Dutch (native), English, French.
Looks like your isp domain name servers are very rubbish in resolving hostnames, can be because they are working on some of their services. I advise switching to Google Public DNS https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

It should properly resolve the hostname again then, otherwise there might be a program that prevents you from sending a resolve request.

Dallen

Developer
Developer
Apr 5, 2014
Dallen's tavern, Bree
dallen.io
Languages
American, Freedom
Another solution is to get the IPs for the servers and connect to them. 'ping <server name>' will give you the ip on both unix and windows. Best of luck. (Google will be much easier though)