1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

League Of Legends (LoL)

Discussion in 'Games' started by pheonixsang, Mar 1, 2014.

1. pheonixsang

pheonixsang Yellow flower puncher

There are about twenty or so people here that play LoL, either on NA or EuW. This thread is for you guys, videos, screenshots, builds, tips/questions, etc. :)

#bankassadin

Ranked 5v5 team that some of us are a part of, I'm on the B-Team http://zorosporos.com/

2. Tyranystrasz

Tyranystrasz Designer
    Staff Member Designer

EuW player here ;)

Gimilzor likes this.
  3. Gimilzor

Gimilzor Aspiring Commoner

4. morcrist

morcrist Thrall

Casual Volibear (he's all I play now). Never played ranked, but I've been with LoL for years mainly with my younger brother and some friends.

We switched to Smite several months ago with limited LoL play however, and more recently Warframe in the last few weeks.

[soapbox]
    LoL...they come up with a crapton of new champs a year but we've been playing on the same 3-4 maps FOR. EV. ER. Sure, they've switched up the gameplay modes a bit in the last several months but seriously. Mobas REALLY need to concentrate JUST AS MUCH on the damned maps. Why no 10v10? Why no 5v5v5, or 3v3v3v3? Why no 4 lane maps? Why no 2 lane 5v5s? So, so many possible permutations and yet we're stuck playing the same fething maps year after year after year....
    [/soapbox]

Cool seeing others who play LoL and who love Middle-Earth though!

JordD04 and _Sidhion_ like this.
  5. techdude

techdude Aspiring Commoner

NA, TwilightTech... add me, I've played very few games with you mcme people.

6. Tyranystrasz

Tyranystrasz Designer
    Staff Member Designer

Which League you are guys? I'm in silver 4
    p.s. Vel'koz sucks

7. imtheproof

imtheproof Aspiring Commoner
    Donor

I've been playing on the same "map" for almost 10 years (DotA for 5-6 and LoL for 4). They don't need to add more. Summoner's Rift 5v5 is the map to play on, it's Riot's main focus. People know the map and have yet to master it. It's large enough to support an almost unlimited amount of team comps and playstyles. Kind of like how the football field or basketball court stays almost exactly the same, there's not much need for change.

They have been putting out different game modes this year though, like 5 of the same characters vs 5 of the same characters, 6v6, etc. but they never really take off.

8. loocekibmi

loocekibmi Aspiring Commoner
    Donor

It doesn't matter that they don't "take off". The big thing about League compared to other MOBAs is it's mainly geared towards the competitive scene and balance. Adding in new game types and maps aren't really in Riot's best interest when what they are focusing on is the ESports scene and everything around it.

The All-for-one game type has been one of the most popular game modes, but even after it was added to the matchmaking, people still will drop back to good-ol' Summoner's Rift. Like what you said, it's what people are used to and it doesn't need to change.

Adding in new game-types doesn't create a better game, it just makes a larger game.

pheonixsang and Gimilzor like this.
  9. Ghundra

Ghundra Yellow flower puncher
    Donor

Monte Cristo, coach of CLG and caster for the Korean LCS, does a weekly show wherein he talks about patch notes, why/how teams are doing well, strategy, how to play certain champs and more.

also a pilot of another league show called Summoning Insight with Thorin (analyst, interviwer at ongame) and Monte Cristo. This is more just talking about league of legend pros, teams, strategies, etc.
    http://www.ongamers.com/articles/su...-s-fall-and-edg-as-china-s-new-hope/1100-991/

Also if anyone wants a free curse voice key: fc7e8b05-d6be-4cc6-a5e4-9816f8663282

#9 Ghundra, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  10. wikey1236

wikey1236 Yellow flower puncher

11. imtheproof

imtheproof Aspiring Commoner
    Donor

loocekibmi and Ghundra like this.
  12. SikAndWr0ng

SikAndWr0ng Aspiring Commoner

Add me up I'm on NA, longerdonger420 (long story don't ask about the name)

13. wikey1236

14. loocekibmi

loocekibmi Aspiring Commoner
    Donor

Please note this is not the Funny Videos and Pictures thread.

pheonixsang likes this.
  15. wikey1236

No, it's the League of Legends thread. That video is League of Legends related. I don't think other people would appreciate me posting it in the Funny Videos and Pictures thread.

16. pheonixsang

I uploaded by first gameplay with the 4.5 Reworked Miss Fortune. You can really feel that new ult power in mid-late game but good grief its hard as hell to push early game now.

This isn't a funny video nor does it contain commentary, its just a playthrough of a game with the new MF.

Runes:
    3 Quints AD
    9 Marks AD
    9 Marks Armor
    9 Marks MR

Masteries:
    21/9/0

Skill order:
    W - max first
    Q - max 2nd
    E - max last

Items : I pretty much went straight damage, no defense.
    Bloodthirster, Last Whisper, Black Cleaver, Zeal + Avarice Blade working into a Shiv, Berserk Greaves.

wikey1236 likes this.
  17. pheonixsang

Same vein as the last video, just a video showing me playing Lissandra on the 4.5 patch.

18. wikey1236

19. Ghundra

Ghundra Yellow flower puncher
    Donor

Dude is the new analyst for Supa Hot Crew and was a SC2 pro living in Korea who made the switch to League. Has a few coaching videos on his channel that are long but informative.

20. wikey1236

I don't understand why there aren't more Viktor players. I just rolled face as Viktor on ARAM.
    [​IMG]
    What's even better is I was 2v5'ing them quite a bit with Soraka.