Lothlorien Concerns

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Ardelenia

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 1, 2014
Chicago, USA
At the suggestion of our fine neighborhood Iru_, I would like to bring up my concerns with lothlorien.

I find most of our lothlorien to be unrealistic and unaesthetic, due to the lack of any growth underneath the mallorns. This could be remedied with smaller trees in between the large trunks, more roots from the fully mallorns, and flowers, grass, or other such underbrush. There could also be more fallen leaves on the ground. The forest floor underneath the flets in Caras Galadhon is better than the rest of the forest, as it has leaves, flowers, and some trees (not the best small trees ever though). I am quite sure that I have heard other people voice a similar concern.

redwood forest - look at that underbrush, and those little trees

DSESGH

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 2, 2014
Possible public project? @Credoo?

Would be a large one, but it would probably be fine if it was done by 3 or 4 people.

Will_em

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 1, 2014
Hmm public project might work but we might want to divide the area in smaller bits.

Will_em

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 1, 2014
I've added this to the project plans for anyone to start. If some are willing, you can get together and work on lothlorien now.

Wodleth

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 1, 2014
Sweden
Languages
Swedish, English
Instead of a 2 block tall fern i'd rather go with a 2 block tall malorn sapling

Portalrules333

Hardcore MCME-er
Apr 9, 2014
Canada
At the suggestion of our fine neighborhood Iru_, I would like to bring up my concerns with lothlorien.

I find most of our lothlorien to be unrealistic and unaesthetic, due to the lack of any growth underneath the mallorns. This could be remedied with smaller trees in between the large trunks, more roots from the fully mallorns, and flowers, grass, or other such underbrush. There could also be more fallen leaves on the ground. The forest floor underneath the flets in Caras Galadhon is better than the rest of the forest, as it has leaves, flowers, and some trees (not the best small trees ever though). I am quite sure that I have heard other people voice a similar concern.

redwood forest - look at that underbrush, and those little trees
Fangorn sort of goes with this complaint as well. Although there isn't much room to stuff things in there.......

Bombur8

Hardcore MCME-er
Sep 22, 2014
Belgium
I don't think it's a problem if walking through Fangorn becomes difficult.

Will_em

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 1, 2014
I think fangorn has a better vegetation lool than loth lorien and it also doesn't allow much growth on the lower parts because of the light being blocked by the trees. I would first tackle the loth problem and see if it gives a good result. Afterwards we can decide if fangorn needs a similar treatment. Time for concepts guys! The initiative is in the hands of the community rather than in those of the staff.

Glov

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 1, 2014
Fangorn doesn't need to be fixed. Fangorn needs to be redone.

yourie98

Builds Diagonally
Mar 8, 2014
I think fangorn has a better vegetation lool than loth lorien and it also doesn't allow much growth on the lower parts because of the light being blocked by the trees. I would first tackle the loth problem and see if it gives a good result. Afterwards we can decide if fangorn needs a similar treatment. Time for concepts guys! The initiative is in the hands of the community rather than in those of the staff.
Does this mean I could sign up for this?

Aule_

Hardcore MCME-er
May 18, 2014
United Kingdom
luckylarv.imgur.com
lets take it one forest at a time guys. although I have to agree that fangorn will need to be at leasts revamped in some areas. especially as on dynamap there is a clear grid-line pattern in fangorn, I dunno if it was deliberate or an oversight.

also has the tall ferns had a re-texture if not then as wodleth said mallorn sapling would be a great ides

Ardelenia

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 1, 2014
Chicago, USA
Well if we ignore glove's opinion, I think fangorn looks fine because a) there is very little room in between the trees and it makes sense for the paths to be cleared by the stomping of ents, also there are still roots so its not completely empty, and b) it is dark so you wouldnt notice flowers etc anyway.