Resource icon

Make floating text in Minecraft

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

q220

Eru Iluvatar
Staff member
Donor
Mar 1, 2014
Belgium
www.nickyvermeersch.me
Languages
Dutch (native), English, French.
q220 submitted a new resource:

Make floating text in Minecraft - Method without plugins to make floating text.

Basically you can add an invisible, gravity-defying armorstand in the game with a text property, like this:

/summon armor_stand ~ ~ ~ {Invulnerable:1b,NoGravity:1b,Invisible:1b,CustomNameVisible:1b,CustomName:THE FLOATING TEXT SAYS HI}

You can also remove the floating text by either doing:

/minecraft:kill @e[type=armor_stand,c=1]

c stands for the count flag, so it will stop killing armor stands when it kills one. This command essentially removes the nearest invisible...
Read more about this resource...

Eriol_Eandur

Head Developer
Staff member
Head Developer
Designer
Developer
Donor
Media Team
Sep 19, 2014
Germany
Languages
German (native), English
Should I add that feature to MCME Architect's Armor Stand Editor?

Right click at an armor stand with a stick in hand would initiate a conversation to enter the text.

q220

Eru Iluvatar
Staff member
Donor
Mar 1, 2014
Belgium
www.nickyvermeersch.me
Languages
Dutch (native), English, French.
Yeah why not. Deleting is more tricky however since you have to use the specific minecraft kill command, as of now the spigot kill command does not kill entities.

On a sidenote as well, there is worldEdit //remove which can really screw these kinds of things up because it removes literally all entities (paintings, armorstands and thus a lot of models, tnt, carts, boats, arrows, ...)

edit: also I forgot to point out that you can view these invisible armorstands if you go into spectator mode.