MCME Modded?

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
  • This weekend 20-21 April the website will be unavailable for a few hours for a scheduled upgrade and maintenance. Estimated time that the site will be unavailable will be around 3 hours.

• This community does not generate revenue and relies on its members and financial contributors to keep it running.

For a complete month, we would need around 235 USD for a break-even situation.

Read more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew1608

Aspiring Commoner
Jan 3, 2015
With this server you can create a fantastic modded server or a modpack based on the Lord of the Rings.

vShen

Veteran
Donor
Mar 3, 2014
New York, NY
We've already had this discussion several times in the past. If we use a modification like, say, the LOTR Mod, it will require everyone who joins the server to use the LOTR Mod, and some people don't know how to install mods. Also, this may cause more lag, with the massive amounts of structures, NPCs, items, etc. on our 30,000 x 27,000 (estimated) map, making the server unbearable for players.

Wodleth

Build-Hardened Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Sweden
Languages
Swedish, English
Our focus and goal is to replicate and build Middle Earth as described by Tolkien. Sure, it would be cool to have mods and all, but they are of no use to us since we are working on building the world first. Maybe some day when everything is finished, then we might have mods and other things, but it is not this day and will most likely not happen for a long time

DSESGH

Manual Treebuilder
Mar 2, 2014
If you get past your wish that we had mods, I think you will find that we don't really need them (at least I did). Our builds are epic enough by themselves, and don't need flashy mods to support them.

Will_em

One Of Us
Mar 1, 2014
Plus the lord of the rings mods I've seen would require some tweaking to be compatible with our map. That means we would have to direct our focus away from building.

Hope thks clears up why and why not though!

Bombur8

Yellow Flower Puncher
Sep 22, 2014
Belgium
We've already had this discussion several times in the past. If we use a modification like, say, the LOTR Mod, it will require everyone who joins the server to use the LOTR Mod, and some people don't know how to install mods. Also, this may cause more lag, with the massive amounts of structures, NPCs, items, etc. on our 30,000 x 27,000 (estimated) map, making the server unbearable for players.
WesterosCraft uses some mods or other and it does'nt require people to install anything. But I have big lag issues despite my computer is rather godd.

_Luk

Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Germany
Languages
German (nativ), English, polish, a very little french
WesterosCraft uses some mods or other and it does'nt require people to install anything. But I have big lag issues despite my computer is rather godd.
But u need a launcher there, which is installing said mods.

Bombur8

Yellow Flower Puncher
Sep 22, 2014
Belgium
The launcher is actually even easier to use than resourcepacks :p . But there are still lag issues.

Despot666

Designer
Staff member
Designer
Mar 26, 2014
I dont trust launchers. If any server requires its own launcher i would probably not join it unless its very well known. There are people who would not join custom launcher servers at all.

Will_em

One Of Us
Mar 1, 2014
The launcher is actually even easier to use than resourcepacks :p . But there are still lag issues.
For the guys who have to install it yes. But not for the guys who have to make it, write a guide, encourage usage, update it, consider it's effects on publicity and accessability, choosing which mods, updating every build with each mod, fixing bugs,....
Some people on here don't controll their own email adress but the parents set it up and keep the pass. Happened 4 times already. I mean that's weird.

q220

Eru Iluvatar
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
Belgium
www.nickyvermeersch.me
Languages
Dutch (native), English, French.
If people can't even find the ip to join on the servers because they don't bother searching and reading, then I'm sure that a modpack is like rocket science for them. So basically no, not yet. Unless it requires no end user operations.

wheelleee

Aspiring Commoner
Mar 1, 2014
But u need a launcher there, which is installing said mods.
Launchers are just about the easiest things to use and install, I hardly see the problem in not using them. It's like redownloading mc without paying money, with several extra perks (more blocks)...
I.e. Launchers already have resourcepacks in them, (already installed). It's way easier than learning how to download resourcepacks and etc., and in my opinion, way more efficient.

vShen

Veteran
Donor
Mar 3, 2014
New York, NY
If you want to debate about modifications and launchers, do it in private messaging or make another thread, because this thread's purpose seems fulfilled. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.