MERP

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
  • This weekend 20-21 April the website will be unavailable for a few hours for a scheduled upgrade and maintenance. Estimated time that the site will be unavailable will be around 3 hours.

• This community does not generate revenue and relies on its members and financial contributors to keep it running.

For a complete month, we would need around 235 USD for a break-even situation.

Read more...

RubenPieterMark

Builds Diagonally
Media Team
Mar 12, 2016
The glorious Kingdom of the Netherlands
Languages
Dutch, English, French, German
I heard that much of this server is based on MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing (the game)). I wonder: this game is 25 years old, how could you download this game? Please share a link for the download.

Last edited:

Finrod_Amandil

Head Designer
Staff member
Head Designer
Designer
Donor
Media Team
Mar 2, 2014
Switzerland
www.elbisch.ch
Languages
German (native), English, French
Not that much is really from MERP, few non-canonical villages are though. But most we've used is the names of the villages. For Fennas Drúnin though I found a download for a module featuring it.

RubenPieterMark

Builds Diagonally
Media Team
Mar 12, 2016
Languages

RubenPieterMark

Builds Diagonally
Media Team
Mar 12, 2016
Languages
Well, I downloaded it, but they are books. I didnt know MERP were books? Thank you for it and i will read them. Is there maybe a way to download Middle-earth Role Playing and I can pay for it. Obviously, it is not available on Steam. :)

Finrod_Amandil

Head Designer
Staff member
Head Designer
Designer
Donor
Media Team
Mar 2, 2014
Switzerland
www.elbisch.ch
Languages
.... This made me lol a lot my friend.

MERP is books and books only. Its a pen & paper role-playing game, you sit together with some friends on a table, then theres a game master who chooses a setting for the game (location, time, story) and then everyone picks a character and then you get a task to fulfill with your group and from that a story evolves.

Middle-earth Role Playing - Tolkien Gateway

RubenPieterMark

Builds Diagonally
Media Team
Mar 12, 2016
Languages
.... This made me lol a lot my friend.

MERP is books and books only. Its a pen & paper role-playing game, you sit together with some friends on a table, then theres a game master who chooses a setting for the game (location, time, story) and then everyone picks a character and then you get a task to fulfill with your group and from that a story evolves.

Middle-earth Role Playing - Tolkien Gateway
Lol then what is this series? Btw im glad I made you lol a lot

Finrod_Amandil

Head Designer
Staff member
Head Designer
Designer
Donor
Media Team
Mar 2, 2014
Switzerland
www.elbisch.ch
Languages
Alright did not know about that, but as it seems even though the name seems to be the same it has not much in common with the MERP we usually refer to here

RubenPieterMark

Builds Diagonally
Media Team
Mar 12, 2016
Languages
Alright did not know about that, but as it seems even though the name seems to be the same it has not much in common with the MERP we usually refer to here
It is a roleplay game and it stands for Middle-earth Role Play, but this guy only shows us the map.

q220

Eru Iluvatar
Staff member
Mar 1, 2014
Belgium
www.nickyvermeersch.me
Languages
Dutch (native), English, French.
That was a mod for Skyrimg originally, but it had to shut down due to infriging copyright and intellectual property. It is since then no longer available.