Oh darn! I forgot in my awe that Minas Tirith was in Gondor and I needed to change packs. My bad!Awesome vid man. I need the oculus in my life.. Lil tip btw, you might wanna get yourself the Gondor pack so you can see Minas tirith in all its glory!
There's supposed to be an update for the mod at the end of this week. Improves the scale of everything a lot, and makes it super awesome. This is coming from the mod creator btw. Really excited to come back and see some things I didn't see soon!I just love the idea of being actually emerged in minecraft via the Oculus. I mean, to choose to see MCME through it is just super awesome.
Adds a whole new dynamic to our builds and the importance of our small details. Absolutely love it :'D
Isengard /warp isengard, Helms deep /warp helms deep, Moria (some people like it, others don't. The warp's /warp xmoria), Lothlorien /warp loth, and Argonath /warp argonathJust a quick question: What else do I have to absolutely see? What's some of the most spectacular builds out there?
To avoid your previous resource pack mistake, the proper packs for those suggestions are:Awesome! Can't wait to see it!
Yeah, Long Cleeve is my favorite place on the server hands down, just because it's completely different from the average hobbit town. Definitely a place to check out!To avoid your previous resource pack mistake, the proper packs for those suggestions are:
A few more suggestions from my personal favorites:
- Isengard - Rohan
- Paths of the Dead - Gondor
- Lothlorien - Lothlorien
- Edoras - Rohan
- Helms Deep - Rohan
- Moria - Eriador (Keep in mind that this is waaayyy outdated, so its build quality is not as good. Its impressive because of sheer size)
- Argonath - Not sure about this one, it's either Rohan or Gondor. Though, considering that it's stone, both would work
Even though the major cities and landmarks get mentioned as people's favorites, be sure to explore the small details and villages too. There are villages throughout the Shire, Rohan and Gondor, and our build staff spend vast amounts of time making sure the terrain is as good as it can be. Also, every house and building has a full interior and a purpose. These details are not what people are amazed by, but without them MCME would not be as good as it could be. Sometimes, since the small things don't have a huge impact in the movies or books, they can go largely unnoticed and can be under-appreciated.
- Ithilien - Gondor (In my opinion, North Ithilien is more beautiful because of the trees, but South is great too)
- Hobbiton, Bywater, and Longlceeve - Eriador (They make the favorites list not because of size, but because, if you try to get immersed in them, they make you feel the peacefulness of the Shire)
- The Minas Tirith basements - Gondor (A lot of new people have no idea these exist, but they are quite expansive and are worth exploring)
If you know all this already, then just disregard it