1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Mordor Resource Pack

Discussion in 'Textures' started by Fireinferno13, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Eriol_Eandur

Eriol_Eandur Designer
    Staff Member Designer Developer Donor Media Team

Climbing is an interesting point. Still not sure if it's worth to use a block for the climbing experience in just that one place. Maybe would make more sense to use it for some net.
    I don't really understand the open trapdoor idea. Have to try that ingame.

lolbroek108 likes this.
  2. RubenPieterMark

RubenPieterMark Dirt Conaisseur
    Media Team

My cousin used to play a bit with Minecraft commands some years ago and I remember he could make normal blocks climbable. This was done in vanilla minecraft, single player, so it can't be a too hard addition to the Architect Plugin. I could ask him if he remembers how he did it. On the other hand I don't really see the use of this. For the Stairs of Cirith Ungol, they're just stairs, not a straight cliff face. For the Dead Marshes, Frodo and Sam used a rope, which might be a nice 'easter egg' like the fire at Weathertop and the lit beacons.
    Anyways, not only vines and ladders are climbable.

lolbroek108 likes this.
  3. ryttyr

ryttyr Yellow flower puncher

Never hurts asking. I think it's worth a shot.
    But you say there's more climbable blocks in Minecraft other than vines and ladders, I ask you then; what blocks are you talking about?

lolbroek108 likes this.
  4. RubenPieterMark

RubenPieterMark Dirt Conaisseur
    Media Team

Well like I explained, any block, but with some commands or in our case some plugin tweaking

ryttyr and lolbroek108 like this.
  5. ryttyr

ryttyr Yellow flower puncher

You can mark C1-3 of book 4 as green Fin. It's all in that doc I shared with you.

lolbroek108 likes this.