Mortal Kombat X

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
  • This weekend 20-21 April the website will be unavailable for a few hours for a scheduled upgrade and maintenance. Estimated time that the site will be unavailable will be around 3 hours.

• This community does not generate revenue and relies on its members and financial contributors to keep it running.

For a complete month, we would need around 235 USD for a break-even situation.

Read more...

loocekibmi

Yellow Flower Puncher
Donor
Mar 3, 2014
I've always been a huge fan of the MK series. Up until their most recent game, I never had anything bad to say about them. Their newest, aptly called "Mortal Kombat" with the big trend of naming things non-sequentially, was a huge let down for me.

They had stretched away from the real blood and gore "feel" of the previous games, and instead made it significantly more like Street Fighter and tried too hard to give you the gruesome feel of the earlier iterations. The "Pull the Triggers to Win" sentiment that grossly apparent in Street Fighter and MK made me cringe at the pacing of each fight and made me put the game down far earlier than I'd have hoped.

Until they show gameplay, I can only expect the same style of fights, which is deeply saddening.

And to reiterate what @Ghundra said.

Meh.

loocekibmi

Yellow Flower Puncher
Donor
Mar 3, 2014
http://imgur.com/gallery/o0ri7
They appear to be removing a bunch of Characters and adding a few more.
However, the system where you skill variations of your character beforehand seems very interesting.
They had a similar system in Armageddon I believe, though it was much more organic. You were able to choose fighting styles during combat. It let you be more dynamic with your fighting, and possibly choosing how to fight based on your opponents actions and fighting style.

Removing Characters, no thanks.
Adding Characters, no thanks.

I would much like to see in game footage, as the biggest component of fighting games is how they feel, rather than just new features and fighters.

JordD04

One Of Us
Mar 1, 2014
United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland
Languages
English
They had a similar system in Armageddon I believe, though it was much more organic. You were able to choose fighting styles during combat. It let you be more dynamic with your fighting, and possibly choosing how to fight based on your opponents actions and fighting style.

Removing Characters, no thanks.
Adding Characters, no thanks.

I would much like to see in game footage, as the biggest component of fighting games is how they feel, rather than just new features and fighters.
I can understand not liking the removal of characters, but not liking the adding of characters I don't understand. If you don't like the characters you don't have to play them, personally I applaud them for adding variety. And we don't know that they are removing characters yet. That may not be the whole list.

Ghundra

Slab Fanatic
Donor
Mar 1, 2014
soundcloud.com
Languages
French, English
The reason I use to play Mortal Kombat was because of the old line up of characters they had. I'm not really interested in new characters and really this just looks like another rehash that they've done a few times now. If you want to play a good fighting game, don't play Mortal Kombat, play Street Fighter 4. (It is going to be free to xbox live gold members this week through the end of june).

JordD04

One Of Us
Mar 1, 2014
United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland
Languages
English
The reason I use to play Mortal Kombat was because of the old line up of characters they had. I'm not really interested in new characters and really this just looks like another rehash that they've done a few times now. If you want to play a good fighting game, don't play Mortal Kombat, play Street Fighter 4. (It is going to be free to xbox live gold members this week through the end of june).
I have Super Street Fighter IV, didn't think it was very good, though Tekken was always my favourite, it's now Street Fighter<Tekken<Mortal Kombat.
I played Mortal Kombat for the first time a few years ago (Mortal Kombat 2011) and instantly fell in love with it.

Ghundra

Slab Fanatic
Donor
Mar 1, 2014
soundcloud.com
Languages
French, English
I just like the competitive play of Street Fighter, Tekken is cool and I get the appeal but MK is not competitive at all. It's the same idea as those who try to make Super Smash Bros competitive when the developers say that it's not suppose to be so.