New Player suggestion

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Awkwardpanda47

Starting Adventurer
Aug 6, 2018
Languages
English
So usually when a new player joins, they have a few questions, such as:
What do I do here?
How do I get ranks?
What are some commands?
I was thinking that perhaps we should make a starter guide book that you receive at spawn.
It would have answers like, you can work on jobs, or do themed projects. It could have a link to the helper map,
and a list of commands like /warp, /theme, ect.
It would help new players get adjusted to the server, and make it a lot easier on guides to help.

Jonatanknalle

Artist
Artist
Apr 10, 2018
Nasty cave in Moria
Languages
French
English
Swedish
I have tought of that idea myself and I think it seems like a good suggestion, most people dont read the new player guide on the forums and its quite basic and I think it would be good to mabye have two books, one which is basic information so the player can get an idea of what to expect and one which is more detailed.
also I think the detailed version should be mentioned in the fist book and accessible by a command.

RubenPieterMark

Hardcore MCME-er
Media Team
Mar 12, 2016
The glorious Kingdom of the Netherlands
Languages
Dutch, English, French, German
If you read all the information given in the New Player Quiz -where you spawn at your very first visit- you should know most of those things. Otherwise there's usually helpful ppl online and there's the New Player Guide. The command for helpful links is /helper, that might be a good addition to the NPQ

ryttyr

Artist
Artist
Apr 22, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
Languages
English and Swedish
@Gary_Baggins also made such a book long ago when he was guide that he planned on placing at spawn or at the end of the npw auiz. It may be a bit outdated now but it contained a lot of good information for new people. I wonder what happened to that.

Gary_Baggins

Enforcer
Staff member
Enforcer
Jan 7, 2017
England
Languages
English
@Gary_Baggins also made such a book long ago when he was guide that he planned on placing at spawn or at the end of the npw auiz. It may be a bit outdated now but it contained a lot of good information for new people. I wonder what happened to that.
That should be in the hands of @Arkengard now.

BWOT

Head Builder
Staff member
Head Designer
Designer
Donor
Jul 31, 2016
U.S.A. , NYC
Languages
English, German, French
We might have a fix coming for this soon