1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

In Progress North of Mordor

Discussion in 'Jobs and Projects' started by Fireinferno13, Sep 14, 2017.

1. QuantaCube

QuantaCube Aspiring Commoner

There's also Sarn Gebir to take into account when considering a remake to Emyn Muil , but that's a whole other thing all together.

2. BWOT

BWOT Designer
    Staff Member Designer

Okay good, just wanted to check

3. Finrod_Amandil

Finrod_Amandil Head Designer
    Staff Member Head Designer Designer Donor Media Team

Yeah the Emyn Muil are for another day. The easiest solution would be to lower Rauros 5-10 blocks, which I think would suffice to make Sarn Gebir

4. Fireinferno13

Fireinferno13 Designer
    Staff Member Designer Donor

Updates! I think all of us have been somewhat busy irl but here is what has been going on.

Emyn Muil/Dead Marshes Prep - I have finished the terrain southwest and west of the marshes. @Tyranystrasz is working on the streams leading into Nindalf, as they were far too large and somewhat poorly constructed. @mattlego appears to be almost done with the northern section (this section required some redoing in order to accommodate Frodo and Sam's trajectory).

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Dead Marshes TB! We have definitely gone through and checked them all out, there were some really interesting concepts that I look forward to adapting to the new Mordor RP in the future.

No-man Lands - @mattlego and I will be taking the lead of this subproject. @Patrick_0901 may also help out with either this project or the eastern Mordor terrain as he learns how to use his newfound voxeling powers. @Finrod_Amandil since we do not have a complete Mordor pallet of textures yet, the two of us will focus on just the terrain, creating shallow slopes leading up to the Black Gate. Vegetation and detail will be added later once we sort out the RP.

Dagorlad/Black Gate - This has been planned out but will be tackled down the road, unless there are any staff that are dying to work on it right now and have the time.