1. Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
    Dismiss Notice

NPCs for MCME

Discussion in 'Engineering Bay' started by Dallen, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dallen

Dallen Developer
    Developer

I will update the readme with screenshots of the conversations. I also wrote a script that will allow you to create your own npcs. I'll post the script on GitHub soon (In a few hours)

2. Portalrules333

Portalrules333 Yellow flower puncher

Maybe you could also have Gimli in the Glittering Caves, considering he was the first Lord of the Caves.

3. arathorn867

arathorn867 Aspiring Commoner

I'm not sure Gimli would be best in the Glittering Caves, although that would be cool. The problem would be time frame. As I understand it, the MCME server is set about the time of Biblo's party, so it would be nearly 8 years before Gimli would see the caves (in the movies Frodo leaves almost immediately after the party, but in the books its something like 7 years before he sets out, I believe), and another 5-10, maybe even 20, before he returned and became Lord of the Caves. Might have my info mixed up, so correct me if i'm wrong!

Lady_of_Rohan and Portalrules333 like this.
  4. Portalrules333

Portalrules333 Yellow flower puncher

No, I think you are correct Arathorn (unless I am wrong too) I suppose if we were to put all of the Fellowship as NPCs, than Gimli would be in Erebor.

arathorn867 likes this.
  5. Top_Gun

Top_Gun Aspiring Commoner

17 years or so, actually. Frodo turned 33 and "came of age" at Bilbo's party, and he was around 50 when he left the Shire.

6. Dallen

Dallen Developer
    Developer

7. nevik45

nevik45 Aspiring Commoner

We really need to have Barliman Butterbur in the Prancing Pony

Natanyagrad likes this.
  8. dawwww1

dawwww1 Aspiring Commoner

Gollum?
    Kyz in the glittering caves?

9. _Luk

_Luk One of Us

Beregond in se old guesthouse

10. djax74

djax74 Yellow flower puncher

Bergil, not Beregond. In the book, Pippin meet Bergil at the Old Guest House

11. bardrhyn

bardrhyn Thrall

Faramir and Boromir would both be excellent additions either in Gondor or Osgilliath, Ithilien and around that area.

Glorfindel would be a nice addition. Although a minor character in the book he did play a significant role in riding Frodo to Rivendell.

Has anyone mentioned Aragorn yet?

Also Gollum would be a nice addition. I am not sure where he would be though at the time of Bilbo's party.

I second Barliman at the Pony!

Lastly, Radagast the Brown! Somewhere in the wilderness between the Old Forest and Orthanc. A large area I know but I imagine that is where he will most likely be seen.

As an aside: I am a writer and would love to volunteer in helping craft the phrasing and speech of each character. I haven't been around 2 weeks yet so I understand I'll need to wait, just throwing my name out there for future reference.

Natanyagrad and Dallen like this.
  12. vShen

vShen One of Us
    Donor

This is a post concerning malicious/evil entities as NPCs.

Mordor

- You could include some Uruk Pizurks, Pizgals, Pizbûrs, Pizdurs, Mautors, and Maugoths (Privates, Corporals, Sergeants, Captains, Lieutenants, and Generals in Black Speech, respectively) strewn out throughout Mordor who you can speak to. They would mostly call you a "bub" ("pig" in Black Speech) and comment on how tasty you look, but if possible, you could make it so you unlock new and much more respectful dialogue once you speak with Sauron or the Mouth of Sauron. It'll be the same with the rest of the Orcs and Goblins throughout Middle-Earth.

Gates of Morning

A magic portal upon the easternmost confines of Imbar, where the Sun issued from each morning after passing through the Void.
    - Since the Gates are found on the easternmost part of Middle-Earth, we'll have to make them, right? We could add an NPC of Morgoth/Melkor that we could speak to at the Gates.
    - This depends on whether we're actually going to make the Gates, though I don't see why we wouldn't.

Lady_of_Rohan, Natanyagrad and Aaldim like this.
  13. Fornad

Fornad Yellow flower puncher
    Donor

That's neo-Black Speech, not canonical Black Speech. Not much use in including details not created by Tolkien.

To build the Gates of Morning, the map would have to be hugely expanded eastwards, across all of Rhûn. I don't even see that worth considering at this point.

djax74 and vShen like this.
  14. vShen

vShen One of Us
    Donor

Apologies for that! Also, wouldn't that be Middle-Earth? This IS Minecraft Middle-Earth. If it's on Middle-Earth, we have to build it. Best to let the Staff discuss this in the future.

Lady_of_Rohan likes this.
  15. _Luk

_Luk One of Us

Just to be picky you wrote Henneth Annûn wrong in the readme :p

16. djax74

djax74 Yellow flower puncher

I don't think Gate of Morning and Night are still there after The Earth become a sphere. They were both placed at each extremity of Arda when it was flat, but a sphere doesn't really have extremities

Natanyagrad likes this.
  17. wyliewylie

wyliewylie Aspiring Commoner

Nameless NPCs just for immersion. eg.
    "Gondor Guardsman"
    "Goblin Soldier"
    etc.

Natanyagrad likes this.
  18. Luyten

Luyten Aspiring Commoner
    Donor

This would be so great.

Lady_of_Rohan likes this.
  19. Dallen

Dallen Developer
    Developer

Sorry for the neglect of this tread, updated the readme adding almost all of the suggestion I can with out q. I am open to people sending me dialogue, use the format '<list of inputs using csvs> : <list of out puts using csvs>' you can post them here or pm me if you want. @Shenjtor the goblin thing is very possible and will most likely be used. @KlemensPlusLukas, Fixed :p

@bardrhyn go ahead and write all the dialogue you want, your rank doesn't matter to me :)

20. Aaldim

Aaldim Developer
    Developer

Im also open for suggestions because i also work on the ai/quests, just send me a pm if you have a suggestion. (was busy lwith other things lately, But ill add some soon)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.