Playing Games (Hardcore)

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Fullington

Yellow Flower Puncher
Donor
Mar 2, 2014
I would like to take some survival based multiplayer games (Such as MC, DayZ, Terarria, Rust) and play them with a group of around 8 people per playthrough. We would play these games having some type of objective to reach or goal to complete before we can deem that hardcore finished. We play on the hardest difficulty possible and the only catch is when you die in the hardcore you are done, no respawns. No spawning back in, no exceptions and only the players that remain alive will be there to complete the objective. I feel it would be easiest to startup this project with something like a Vanilla Minecraft survival world with our goal being to kill the Ender Dragon (Not updated at all with any of the new stuff in MC). If this thread gets enough (or any) good feedback and interest I'd love to elaborate more on this idea.

Last edited:

vShen

Veteran
Donor
Mar 3, 2014
New York, NY
Ah yes! I've bought several games on Steam just so I can play with a multitude of people on TS, because I have no friends.(Lol what r friends anyways) The people who really play these games on TeamSpeak just play them whenever, and I can never really join them. I've always wanted some type of organization for playing these games, like Movie Night and Audiobook Night, but it wasn't so. Even though this is extreme hardcore you-will-definitely-die stuff, instead of just hanging out and playing slow, I'm definitely up for this.

Fullington

Yellow Flower Puncher
Donor
Mar 2, 2014
Howabout this adventure map?
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/maps/1557690-void-islands-ctm-surv

EDIT:

It would also be interesting to maybe make a youtube video series of it!
For the map, I think to start this out I'd prefer to use just a basic vanilla world, especially if we are going to try for the ender dragon.

As for the video idea I really like it and if not youtube videos maybe just a twitch broadcast would be easier I know a couple users on MCME that are already familiar with it.

wyliewylie

Aspiring Commoner
Jul 5, 2014
Toronto
For the map, I think to start this out I'd prefer to use just a basic vanilla world, especially if we are going to try for the ender dragon.

As for the video idea I really like it and if not youtube videos maybe just a twitch broadcast would be easier I know a couple users on MCME that are already familiar with it.
That sounds like an awesome idea as well!
I wouldnt mind doing vanilla minecraft either

Fullington

Yellow Flower Puncher
Donor
Mar 2, 2014
I'm all up for the hardcore survival. We could however use the latest snapshot?!
Yes definitely!

I'll host if you want... I can try to get a spigot 1.7.10 for us to use. Or we could play vanilla snapshot

Also I would love to play terraria and can also host.
Sounds amazing man but I'm not familiar at all with what spigot is
If the MC is a success we can do terraria no problem although I know barely anything about it (even though I own the game). We'd have to find a suitable objective which I doubt would be hard at all.

Last edited:

Fullington

Yellow Flower Puncher
Donor
Mar 2, 2014
If anyone is watching this thread but doesn't have anything to post and would like to participate like this reply so I can get an idea of who all would like to play :) Planning the hardcore now right now the roster (I believe) is Myself / @Shenjtor / @wyliewylie / @Ma5terMinD / @dallen1393. I would like no more than 8 people for this first run don't want to make it too easy by having too many people.

Will_em

One Of Us
Mar 1, 2014
I would join as I have dayz, minecraft and terraria, but I'm not sure if i can be online on those hours. Busy times for me.

Fullington

Yellow Flower Puncher
Donor
Mar 2, 2014
I would join as I have dayz, minecraft and terraria, but I'm not sure if i can be online on those hours. Busy times for me.
We have swapped up the time in our private discussions for it to be convenient as possible for everyone playing

Alekspaleks

Yellow Flower Puncher
Donor
Mar 2, 2014
I'm interested! My laptop died though:(, so I won't be able to play until I get my new pc that I ordered. Should be here by Thursday or Friday.

Kisos

Dirt Conaisseur
Mar 2, 2014
KA
Languages
Meme
im interested in hardcore mc... having played only solely survival for about half a year before joining the server