Premium

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Neo_Devil

Aspiring Commoner
Nov 25, 2015
Languages
English
okay, should I assume that just buying Minecraft in general doesn't get one premium? I switched to the right version, but at the moment I'm not sure what Premium is, is it getting Minecraft in general or something else, if so, can you please tell me how to get it?

Eriol_Eandur

Head Developer
Staff member
Head Developer
Designer
Developer
Donor
Media Team
Sep 19, 2014
Germany
Languages
German (native), English
Premium is nothing special it simply means that you bought minecraft and are not using a cracked version.

Neo_Devil

Aspiring Commoner
Nov 25, 2015
Languages
English
huh...wonder why no minecraft servers are working for me then...anyways, I am able to make the Sauron eye on top that tower, you just use glass, lava, and Netherack...it's a little tedious and uses a bit of timing, but when done right and you look on from a distance a night, it really looks like the Eye of Sauron....

Indorilian

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 1, 2014
Jersey
huh...wonder why no minecraft servers are working for me then...anyways, I am able to make the Sauron eye on top that tower, you just use glass, lava, and Netherack...it's a little tedious and uses a bit of timing, but when done right and you look on from a distance a night, it really looks like the Eye of Sauron....
Oh I'm sure it does.

Neo_Devil

Aspiring Commoner
Nov 25, 2015
Languages
English
so which minecraft version do I need for the server right now?

Ivan1pl

Developer
Developer
Commoner
Mar 1, 2014
Wrocław, Poland
Languages
Polish, English
Use 1.8 or above, newest one (1.8.8) should work fine.

Eriol_Eandur

Head Developer
Staff member
Head Developer
Designer
Developer
Donor
Media Team
Sep 19, 2014
Germany
Languages
German (native), English
Did you change your display name in your laucher_profile.json file? That would prevent you from connecting to servers which required a premium minecraft.

Neo_Devil

Aspiring Commoner
Nov 25, 2015
Languages
English
actually I changed it after the first 4 times I tried...then again I didn't have a mojang profile either at the time...oh wait, you mean the launcher, oh, that I've been unable to change...only the name that is displayed in online play has been changed...

Eriol_Eandur

Head Developer
Staff member
Head Developer
Designer
Developer
Donor
Media Team
Sep 19, 2014
Germany
Languages
German (native), English
Hm, I'm not sure if you understood me right.

Try to delete (backup first) the file 'launcher_profiles.json' in your ../.minecraft folder.
Then start minecraft (you will have to login again with your mojang account.) and try to connect to build.mcmiddleearth.com

Neo_Devil

Aspiring Commoner
Nov 25, 2015
Languages
English
did it, and I've managed to connect, nice little quiz thing btw...very amusing to go through...