Public Screenshot Thread

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide
  • Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

ryttyr

Artist
Artist
Apr 22, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
Languages
English and Swedish
Idk. the bottom layer of the box is just blue stained clay. Wouldn't make a difference I guess.
Actually it would. The mirrormere wouldn't look pitch black without fbt on if there were no box due to how light works in Minecraft. (Although the mountains "in" the lake would still be in shadow without fbt)

Eldar_Telcontar

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 27, 2014
England
Actually it would. The mirrormere wouldn't look pitch black without fbt on if there were no box due to how light works in Minecraft. (Although the mountains "in" the lake would still be in shadow without fbt)
Yeah, with /fbt it looks good, but you can't use shaders then. :eek:

Daddlio

Hardcore MCME-er
Apr 21, 2014
Germany
Languages
German, English, Music
Explored Fangorn with Shaders today:

featuring @_F4nT4sT1c_

Eldar_Telcontar

Hardcore MCME-er
Mar 27, 2014
England
I have decided to dedicate more of my screenshots to parts of Western Gondor because a) it's part of the map that doesn't get much attention and b) it's freakin' beautiful.

Some results are better than others. I will keep experimenting and post more in the future ;)

Eriol_Eandur

Head Developer
Staff member
Head Developer
Designer
Developer
Donor
Media Team
Sep 19, 2014
Germany
Languages
German (native), English
The score is your hits multiplied with a performance factor that depend on your ratio of hitting and getting hit.
So your score rises with hits and falls with getting hit, but still rises if you hit an get hit at same amounts. Exact formula is score = hitOthers * (hitOthers / (hitSelf+100)).
The +100 is needed to avoid division by zero. Also without that +100 someone who managed to hit a player from long range a few times without getting hit at all whould have a very high score otherwise.
@barteldvn hit other players 5695 times. Other players hit @barteldvn 2964 times. So his performance factor (5695/(2964+100) is almost 2. So his score is about double his hits.

mapthor

Hardcore MCME-er
Feb 21, 2017
The Midwest
Languages
English
The score is your hits multiplied with a performance factor that depend on your ratio of hitting and getting hit.
So your score rises with hits and falls with getting hit, but still rises if you hit an get hit at same amounts. Exact formula is score = hitOthers * (hitOthers / (hitSelf+100)).
The +100 is needed to avoid division by zero. Also without that +100 someone who managed to hit a player from long range a few times without getting hit at all whould have a very high score otherwise.
@barteldvn hit other players 5695 times. Other players hit @barteldvn 2964 times. So his performance factor (5695/(2964+100) is almost 2. So his score is about double his hits.
I didn’t learn this is Algebra 1

Oct 22, 2017
The tasty land of pizza
Languages
English, Italian, some French
damn i was second at one point XD
Not for long though :p.

I thought it was less complicated :p.

ryttyr

Artist
Artist
Apr 22, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
Languages
English and Swedish
Seems like you're far better at math than snowball fighting Eriol. Looking at your score of merely 479 points.