§ Realism Guides Ideas §I am maybe wrong but I have never seen any proposals for realism guides, so I am making this thread for people who have some ideas but don't want (or have no time) to create their own realism guide.
Now, let me clarify how this thread works : people post their ideas under this thread, and if someone wants to do the realism guide, he just has to reply, "I will do it" or whatever he wants.
I hope this thread will be helpful for you, even if could, maybe, use some ideas too ;-) .
Links that BWOT would love to see here :
About Realism Guides
Realism Guides Inbox
Edit of the 06/23/18 : Current free ideas
Proposed by @RubenPieterMark
- Defensive layouts (castles and cities)
- Several food aspects to put in the map (from professions to interior details)
- Structural supports (arches, vaulted ceilings, material properties)
- Food production: farms, fishing maybe more
- Long one: study on society systems and trading aspects in Middle-earth (where would you find roads with inns, where would most ships be, where would Minas Tirith get its grain from, how would Moria get its food (not talking about underground farming btw), would metal products in Rohan be produced locally in each village or be centered around Edoras?)
- Government system in Middle-earth: Is Gondor a feudal system, would Moria have 'federal' guilds, does Dunland have a capital? (this stuff doesn't matter very much for buildings, but it's interesting stuff to think about for lore and history nerds)
- Profession guides (maybe one large guide or seperate guides for each profession)
- Nomadic culture (for Harad and Rhûn)
- Harbours (building, purposes, emplacement etc.)
- Hunting system by @slaMoria
- Gardens by @Lindolas
- Docs (as a separate subsection of "Harbours") by @Jonatanknalle