~Realism Guides Inbox~

• Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

BWOT

Head Builder
Staff member
Head Designer
Designer
Donor
Jul 31, 2016
Switzerland
Languages
English, German, French
~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ Realism Guides Inbox ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~

From the Realism Guide Post:
Hello all, this is the third public step in the Expansion Update. As usual there are a couple steps to this program but is quite straight-forward. The program is to allow anyone of the community that has skill in a specific topic or is an experienced builder to now write quickly an official Realism Guide. This program will follow simple guidelines to ensure uniformity and quality. You will submit the Realism Guide in the Realism Guide Inbox Thread. The Realism Guide will be reviewed and then if accepted by a Valar it will be distributed and used by the official MCME Builder Team.

What is a Realism Guide?
A Realism Guide is a simple, written guide on a specific topic, including pictures and text with reliable and cited sources on the topic. A more simple definition would be to; and educational document on a specific topic.

More information can be found on this post: ~Realism Guides~

Here is the format needed in the response to the Realism Guide Inbox:

Realism Guide Title: TITLE
Submitter: NAME
Google Link (read/view-only): LINK

If your Realism Guide is accepted the Valar will respond underneath accepted.
If your Realism Guide is used; your name and promotion will be recognized in the MCME Times and across the communities outlets.

BWOT

Head Builder
Staff member
Head Designer
Designer
Donor
Jul 31, 2016
Switzerland
Languages
English, German, French
Realism Guide Title: Gondorian Statues
Submitter: lolbroek108
Google Link:Google Docs - create and edit documents online, for free.
This is almost there, please fix the formatting to what is required and give me edit access as I would like to change some things. This is also a good medium/small statue guide but it certainly does not cover the vast topic on statues so I would like to change it as such that it will be one of a few. Good work

RubenPieterMark

Builds Diagonally
Media Team
Mar 12, 2016
The glorious Kingdom of the Netherlands
Languages
Dutch, English, French, German
Realism Guide Title: Streets in medieval towns and cities
Submitter: reycraft
Google Link (read/view-only): Realism Guide: Streets in medieval towns and cities
Very good guide. Could add that there's a variation to the V shaped street with a 'ditch' in the middle: a U shaped street with 'ditches' on the sides. Sometimes there could be a sidewalk between the ditches and the houses. So for U shaped street:
house-(sidewalk)-ditch-rounded street which is highest in the middle-ditch-(sidewalk)-house
Btw it's an upside-down U.

reycraft

Aspiring Commoner
Oct 22, 2017
The tasty land of pizza
Languages
English, Italian, some French
Very good guide. Could add that there's a variation to the V shaped street with a 'ditch' in the middle: a U shaped street with 'ditches' on the sides. Sometimes there could be a sidewalk between the ditches and the houses. So for U shaped street:
house-(sidewalk)-ditch-rounded street which is highest in the middle-ditch-(sidewalk)-house
Btw it's an upside-down U.
I would add that, but i don't know how useful it could be in-game, since an in that case it would be impossible to build on the sides of the street and so the street would be really hard to decorate.

RubenPieterMark

Builds Diagonally
Media Team
Mar 12, 2016
The glorious Kingdom of the Netherlands
Languages
Dutch, English, French, German
I would add that, but i don't know how useful it could be in-game, since an in that case it would be impossible to build on the sides of the street and so the street would be really hard to decorate.
upload_2018-3-29_21-55-35.png

The sides of the street are just full blocks.
I forgot to add that the water should lead somewhere, so you can't have a market square surrounded by these roads; you'd need a drainage somewhere on the square.

BWOT

Head Builder
Staff member
Head Designer
Designer
Donor
Jul 31, 2016
Switzerland
Languages
English, German, French
View attachment 10783

The sides of the street are just full blocks.
I forgot to add that the water should lead somewhere, so you can't have a market square surrounded by these roads; you'd need a drainage somewhere on the square.
Just by an aesthetic point, I think those grooves look too big for that big of a street

reycraft

Aspiring Commoner
Oct 22, 2017
The tasty land of pizza
Languages
English, Italian, some French
Why did my realism guide become an empty document called WesterosCraft? @BWOT
I know the original version can be restored in google docs, but i'd like to know what happened to it.

superlolster

Assistant
Staff member
Assistant
Jul 31, 2017
Pacific Ocean
Languages
English
I know the original version can be restored in google docs, but i'd like to know what happened to it.
hmm that's really strange, maybe it was put into another doc or folder but I can't find any other folders with it in... :confused:

BWOT

Head Builder
Staff member
Head Designer
Designer
Donor
Jul 31, 2016
Switzerland
Languages
English, German, French
I have no idea... I will have to check on that because that is really weird.

ryttyr

Slab Fanatic
Apr 22, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
Languages
English and Swedish
Due to school work taking priority my work on my interior design realism guide is going very slow but I'm still working on it.

Last edited: